Gun Show Loophole

I've sold several guns as a private transfer at gunshows.

If I don't know them I always ask to see a DL to make sure the buyer is a resident of the state and ask them if they are prohibited from owning firearms. On two occasions that I remember I refrained from selling because I didn't like the look of the buyer (ghetto Blacks).

In several decades of buying and selling firearms in private transfers 90% have been with people I know.

I have bought several firearms from private sellers at a gunshow without a background check. Never used one in a crime.

Background checks don't protect anything. Just a waste of time and an attack on our Constitutional right. We should not have to get government permission to enjoy a right guaranteed in the Bill of Rights.

I've sold several guns as a private transfer at gunshows.

If I don't know them I always ask to see a DL to make sure the buyer is a resident of the state and ask them if they are prohibited from owning firearms. On two occasions that I remember I refrained from selling because I didn't like the look of the buyer (ghetto Blacks).

In several decades of buying and selling firearms in private transfers 90% have been with people I know.

I have bought several firearms from private sellers at a gunshow without a background check. Never used one in a crime.

Background checks don't protect anything. Just a waste of time and an attack on our Constitutional right. We should not have to get government permission to enjoy a right guaranteed in the Bill of Rights.
You just illustrated that the gun show loop hole is real

With no background check.

NOT a good thing
You are confused about this Moon Bat.

1. Background checks don't work. Past behavior is not guarantee of future behavior. Several high profile shooters have passed background checks before doing their crime.

2. In this country we have an assumption of innocence until proven guilty. Background checks are an assumption of guilty until proven innocence and that is against basic American values.

3. We have a Constitutional right to keep and bear arms. It is in the Bill of Rights. I shit you not. Go look it up if you don't believe me. Background checks are getting government permission to enjoy a right that is guaranteed in the Constitution and that is wrong. If you have to get government permission to enjoy a right in the Bill of Rights then the Constitution isn't worth the parchment it is written on, is it?

Prior to 1968, there were no background checks.

How many mass shootings did the country see per year before that?

Here it is Meister
From your linked article:

Gun advocates have long claimed the gun show loophole is a myth. A “fact sheet” from the National Shooting Sports Foundation, an industry trade group, declares flatly: “There is no gun show loophole.”

The organization correctly notes that the rules for selling guns aren’t any more lax at gun shows than they would be in most parking lots.
So. Bottom line. No loophole.

This is a lie, a you know it is impossible to legally avoid the background checks prescribed by federal law -- ands thus, you know there is no loophole.
Hey dipshit...the poster I referred to explained that he absolutely sold guns at gun shows with no background ..."legally"

Hey dipshit...the poster I referred to explained that he absolutely sold guns at gun shows with no background ..."legally"
As you know, this does absolutely nothing to demonstrate a loophole in the federal laws requiring background checks for gun purchases, as you know it does not illustrate a legal means to avoid those checks.
Please - lie to us some more.

Forum List

Back