Gun sales will be specifically marked by credit companies to help monitor purchases

It doesn't seem to make much difference because the "mass shootings" we tend to hear about is where the perp bought their guns legally.

The shootings you don't hear much about are the ones involving Black Crime which are usually committed with stolen and/or illegally converted guns.....Never mind that 1 out of 3 of most of those black perps (18-45) were already felons before a "gun crime" was committed.

The rage with the blacks now is equipping their Glocks with Chi-Com 3D printed, and illegal, full auto glock switches and 33 rd mags. They purchase the switches for $50 (plastic) to $150 (aluminum).

Odd I never hear about compounded federal charges for that.....Mere possession when installed is good for 10 years in Club Fed all by itself even before the crime, not being released on a unsecured bond the same day to bang away on some corner the next night.

Oh but please Mr. Putz, don't let all of that get in the way of your narrative.
I can buy as many ARs or AKs I want from any gun show entirely unchecked. Ammo as well.

Actually, not quite true.

I bought my first firearm in 1988, before there was any such requirement. I literally went into a local hardware store, bought it and walked out the door with little other than paying for it and being handed a receipt. I did have to fill out a form, but there was no background check, and no waiting period.

However, the second one was in 1994, and by that time it was very different. The "Brady Law" was in force, as well as the even higher requirements of the state of California. However, interestingly enough I actually worked at the store I bought it from and knew it would not be a problem at all. As did they, as I was already carrying a gun at all time in the store.

And both of those were new gun purchases.

And since then, I have taken custody of a rifle. Made and sold new to my grandfather in the early 1950s. And I know every owner of it, as it was my grandfather, then my father, then back to my grandfather. When he died it passed to my uncle, then when he died it passed to me. Literally every owner of that rifle was my relative. And while "technically" I should take it into a gun shop and then have them hold it as it goes through the "legal process", why? I know I am clean, and my DD-214 means I do not even have to take the silly gun safety courses. And it actually predates the law where serial numbers were put on firearms, so there is no way to trace it even if it was stolen or used in a crime.

But I know it was not stolen, it even has my grandfather's initials engraved into it from when he first purchased it.
Gun shows with private sellers require nothing when buying long guns in my state. Only pistols require a check through a dealer to change hands.
Anyone can walk out with as many ARs or AKs as they care to completely anonymously. Ammo and tactical gear as well.

That is the loophole.

My state does not require a 4473/BGC for a private handgun transfer.
Neither does federal law.
Thus the Democommies have a hard on for Washington State Type ban and universal BGCs BTW if you want to buy a new Colt Python or Kimber you have to go through an FFL and a 4473 ( so it’s not like you can get Everything you want at a Kitchen Table Deal or in a Barn by the Tractor

Gun shows with private sellers require nothing when buying long guns in my state. Only pistols require a check through a dealer to change hands.
Anyone can walk out with as many ARs or AKs as they care to completely anonymously. Ammo and tactical gear as well.

That is the loophole.
Very few states allow no BGC for FTF sales of NEW Long Guns at Shows

You might have just bought beef jerky or black rifle coffee. They don't know.
But maybe reason enough to come knocking. I don't disagree BTW. But being in IT, and knowing what Data is available and how that data can be mined and used, it's difficult to stay under the gov't radar today.

That is the loophole.

Nope....they can sell a private weapon in the Dennys parking lot if they want so the gun show loophole is a lie....if they sell more than that, they need to be a licensed dealer no matter where they sell the guns

Federal law requires a FFL to run a BGC, regardless of the location of sale.

The easy solution is to have a free phone app for any background check, gun related or not.....you plug in the name, birthday, maybe aocial security number... and you get immediate recorded felonies, warrants, mental health holds...

But funny thing? Since this would be free....and require absolutely no gun registration....ever.....the anti-gunners never aupport it

Since the only reason they want universal background checks is to then demand gun registration....which is actually their real and only goal

The easy solution is to have a free phone app for any background check, gun related or not.....you plug in the name, birthday, maybe aocial security number... and you get immediate recorded felonies, warrants, mental health holds...

But funny thing? Since this would be free....and require absolutely no gun registration....ever.....the anti-gunners never aupport it

Since the only reason they want universal background checks is to then demand gun registration....which is actually their real and only goal
Their goal is disarmament .

That is the loophole.

Funny, that you seem to target gun shows.

"Tactical gear", WTF does that even mean? The pouch on my belt to carry my cell phone is an old MOLLE one I repurposed. So I guess I wear "tactical gear" also.

Tell me, how many ARs and AKs purchased in such a manner have been linked to crimes?

I can tell you, damned few. Most crimes are by handguns.

When you want to discuss reality, let me know. I do not discuss paranoia and fears.

I can buy as many ARs or AKs I want from any gun show entirely unchecked. Ammo as well.
Well that was the way it used to be here in Virginia till the dems held sway for two miserable years.

Yeppers, I could have a yard sale and sell my whole collection of AK/ARs out in the driveway if I wanted, same at a gun show if I sat-up as a private seller.

Now I can't even gift a gun to my grown kids legally without first doing paperwork.

Hopefully come November we take the Virginia Senate back from the scum sucking dems, hold the House of Delegates, and start to put things back right again....

Fuck a bunch of freedom hating dems and anyone that agrees with them.

Forum List

Back