Gun rights activists test Walmart request not to open-carry guns into store

Technically speaking, this fails as a false comparison fallacy.

A business's policy concerning guns is completely different than public accommodations laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, religion, or sexual orientation.

The Commerce Clause was effectively twisted beyond meaning in order to justify Title II.

Of course, Title VII prohibits discrimination by businesses of a certain size.

Gun rights activists in Texas are testing Walmart’s request not to open-carry in stores by doing just that.

David Amad, the vice president of Open Carry Texas, told The New York Times the 38,000 members of his group have openly carried their guns inside Walmart stores since the retailer announced last week it is “respectfully requesting” customers to no longer openly bring guns into its stores.

Walmart spokesperson Lorenzo Lopez told the Times that company employees are instructed not to obstruct peaceful shoppers from openly carrying guns. But he said stores should call law enforcement if an employee or customer feel unsafe.

Wow - that was a short-lived anti-gun loon "victory".
Did people think Wal-mart would -really- ask people to leave, and thus, not spend their money there?
It's a smart move by Walmart. Most of the public does not support open carry. They feel safer shopping, dining, and drinking in establishments where the public is not armed. This is due to the fact that the public does not believe our background checks are sufficient to keep guns out of the hands of nuts.

As the great Johnny Cash used to sing: “Don’t take your guns to town . . . leave your guns at home.”

Last edited:
Gun rights activists in Texas are testing Walmart’s request not to open-carry in stores by doing just that.

David Amad, the vice president of Open Carry Texas, told The New York Times the 38,000 members of his group have openly carried their guns inside Walmart stores since the retailer announced last week it is “respectfully requesting” customers to no longer openly bring guns into its stores.

Walmart spokesperson Lorenzo Lopez told the Times that company employees are instructed not to obstruct peaceful shoppers from openly carrying guns. But he said stores should call law enforcement if an employee or customer feel unsafe.

Did people think Wal-mart would -really- ask people to leave, and thus, not spend their money there?
It's a smart move by Walmart. Most of the public does not support open carry. They feel safer shopping, dining, and drinking in establishments where the public is not armed. This is due to the fact that the public does not believe our background checks are sufficient to keep guns out of the hands of nuts.
What will the public say when it finds out Walmart effectively lied to the entire nation?
You know, when some mindless, self-important nutjob anti-gun loon woman sees someone legally carrying and yells and screams and calls the police, only to find out the police can't do anything and Walmart's ACTUAL policy is to let people carry?

Last edited:

As the great Johnny Cash used to sing: “Don’t take your guns to town . . . leave your guns at home.”

no law is good enough to keep guns from criminals,,,and thats why its so important for more people to carry

tombstone-az1.jpg

20130125-dodge-guns.jpg

Dodge City, 1878

Yeah, that went well. Tombstone and Dodge City are forever remembered as bastions of gun control.

Only some of the most famous gun crimes, shootouts and criminals in American history occurred/resided there. Gunfight at the O.K. Corrall, the Cochise County Cowboys, Doc Holliday, Frank Stilwell ...

Last edited:

What will the public say when it finds out Walmart effectively lied to the entire nation?
You know, when some mindless, self-important nutjob anti-gun loon woman sees someone legally carrying and yells and screams and calls the police, only to find out the police can't do anything and Walmart's ACTUAL policy is to let people carry?
I doubt any customer at Walmart is going call the police on seeing people carrying guns. She will just shop elsewhere where she fells safer in a place without nuts carrying guns.

I doubt any customer at Walmart is going call the police on seeing people at Walmart carrying guns.
Because.... that's not something a mindless, self-important nutjob anti-gun loon woman would do?

Walmart is at complete liberty to implement any gun policy it so desires.

Patrons must follow that policy, not shop at Wal-Mart, or be trespassed off the property.
I stopped shopping at walmart his week. So have many others around here.

. . .

Then why did they shut down the loony bins?

Who thought Walmart was going to ask them to leave? Considering they never made that statement.
What statement -did- they make?
Requesting people not carry in their stores nothing about kicking people out who do, so why would anyone have that expectation?
So you agree - - WalMar'ts recent change in position on on carry in its stores has no meaning whatsoever.
No, I think Walmart is signaling a political position that it feels is favorable to it's consumers. Whether Walmart believes in it or not I'm not sure but certainly a nod to gun control.
And yet, their policy is to allow people to open carry in their stores, just as it was the day before their made their announcement.
As an anti-gun loon, why don't you feel duped?

I'm not antigun for one, idiot.

Second, nobody said anything about Walmart not allowing to carry in their stores, are you really this far behind?

Requesting people not carry in their stores nothing about kicking people out who do, so why would anyone have that expectation?
So you agree - - WalMar'ts recent change in position on on carry in its stores has no meaning whatsoever.
No, I think Walmart is signaling a political position that it feels is favorable to it's consumers. Whether Walmart believes in it or not I'm not sure but certainly a nod to gun control.
And yet, their policy is to allow people to open carry in their stores, just as it was the day before their made their announcement.
You should stop lying to yourself.
Second, nobody said anything about Walmart not allowing to carry in their stores, are you really this far behind?
As evidenced by their -actual- policy.
You people were duped.

Who thought Walmart was going to ask them to leave? Considering they never made that statement.

Insulting people but then not being willing to do anything to back it up is very dishonorable.
Does Walmart request police leave their gun in the car?
Yet police have about 10 times the historic incidence of shooting innocent people, accidentally and on purpose.

What are you talking about?

When Walmart first made this announcement it was obvious some idiots were going to go in parading their guns around and I'm sure Walmart anticipated it. So I can only assume Walmart is playing a PR game.

Means nothing? Nope, it's a sign of change.

But Walmart making the request is not a sign for a change to the better, but to that of an authoritarian dictatorship that denies rights and powers to average citizens, and maintains a centralized government monopoly.

No, it's really not, drama queen.

Ask a bunch of hillbillies with guns itching for a fight and hopped up on some kind of 'shine to get the fuck out of the store? That would be a grand prize winner on AFV.
You must be one of the Progressives who can smell us at Walmart and fly over us putting out CO2. You gave your selves away.

They are just asking people to not be a douche and honor their request

Like a smoker who lights up when asked not to

those are laws restricting smoking not requests

I don't think Rightwinger was specifically referencing anti-smoking laws, just in general asking smokers to be cool and do it someplace else. Could be on the street, in a house or car.

You should stop lying to yourself.
As evidenced by their -actual- policy.
You people were duped.

I'm a gun owner, idiot, who believes not everyone should be carrying a gun at all times.

Who was duped? I never expected this new policy would kick people out of Walmart stores for carrying, it was obviously only a request. You really seem to be hard up to 'give it to the libs' and you fail every time.

When Walmart first made this announcement it was obvious some idiots were going to go in parading their guns around and I'm sure Walmart anticipated it. So I can only assume Walmart is playing a PR game.

Means nothing? Nope, it's a sign of change.

Ha Walmart anticapeted shit. Those guys are so slow they didn't realize paying more money in wages to workers, get you better employees.

Forum List

Back