Gun rights activists test Walmart request not to open-carry guns into store

M14 Shooter

The Light of Truth
Sep 26, 2007
Bridge, USS Enterprise
Gun rights activists in Texas are testing Walmart’s request not to open-carry in stores by doing just that.

David Amad, the vice president of Open Carry Texas, told The New York Times the 38,000 members of his group have openly carried their guns inside Walmart stores since the retailer announced last week it is “respectfully requesting” customers to no longer openly bring guns into its stores.

Walmart spokesperson Lorenzo Lopez told the Times that company employees are instructed not to obstruct peaceful shoppers from openly carrying guns. But he said stores should call law enforcement if an employee or customer feel unsafe.
Gun rights activists test Walmart request not to open-carry guns into store

Wow - that was a short-lived anti-gun loon "victory".
Did people think Wal-mart would -really- ask people to leave, and thus, not spend their money there?

Last edited:
Who thought Walmart was going to ask them to leave? Considering they never made that statement.

Ask a bunch of hillbillies with guns itching for a fight and hopped up on some kind of 'shine to get the fuck out of the store? That would be a grand prize winner on AFV.

Ask a bunch of hillbillies with guns itching for a fight and hopped up on some kind of 'shine to get the fuck out of the store? That would be a grand prize winner on AFV.
So you agree - - WalMar'ts recent change in position on on carry in its stores has no meaning whatsoever.

Who thought Walmart was going to ask them to leave? Considering they never made that statement.
What statement -did- they make?
Requesting people not carry in their stores nothing about kicking people out who do, so why would anyone have that expectation?
So you agree - - WalMar'ts recent change in position on on carry in its stores has no meaning whatsoever.

No, I think Walmart is signaling a political position that it feels is favorable to it's consumers. Whether Walmart believes in it or not I'm not sure but certainly a nod to gun control.

When Walmart first made this announcement it was obvious some idiots were going to go in parading their guns around and I'm sure Walmart anticipated it. So I can only assume Walmart is playing a PR game.

Means nothing? Nope, it's a sign of change.

Guns don't have rights, people do.

And this thread is yet another example of how ignorant most conservatives are concerning citizens' rights and protected liberties.

The rights enshrined in the Second Amendment concern solely the relationship between government and those governed, not between or among private persons and private companies.

Wal-Mart's gun policy doesn't "violate" anyone's Second Amendment rights.

What statement -did- they make?
Requesting people not carry in their stores nothing about kicking people out who do, so why would anyone have that expectation?
No, I think Walmart is signaling a political position that it feels is favorable to it's consumers. Whether Walmart believes in it or not I'm not sure but certainly a nod to gun control.
And yet, their policy is to allow people to open carry in their stores, just as it was the day before their made their announcement.
As an anti-gun loon, why don't you feel duped?

And this thread is yet another example of how ignorant most conservatives are concerning citizens' rights and protected liberties.

The rights enshrined in the Second Amendment concern solely the relationship between government and those governed, not between or among private persons and private companies.

I dont see where anyone is claiming they did

They are just asking people to not be a douche and honor their request

Like a smoker who lights up when asked not to

:lol:
Look at you, unable to add anything meaningful to the conversation. As per the norm.
:lol:

It doesn't matter what Wally says, hillbillies want to bully others with guns. Walmart was a soft enough target for those moonshine marshmallows.

I don't matter what Wally says, hillbillies want to bully others with guns. Walmart was a soft enough target for those moonshine marshmallows.
One of these days, you will add something meaningful to a conversation.
Today is not that day.

I don't matter what Wally says, hillbillies want to bully others with guns. Walmart was a soft enough target for those moonshine marshmallows.
One of these days, you will add something meaningful to a conversation.
Today is not that day.
:lame2:

Forum List

Back