Guilty Pleasures

I haven't seen a thread on guilty pleasure songs yet.

Here's one of mine

Nice thread idea, Blues Man. Although I consider that Meat Loaf song to be pretty good. I like it and I DON"T consider it a guilty pleasure. I love the vocal interplay between Meat Loaf and the female singer on this one. I've actually sung this one with some brave women at Karaoke a few times. It turned out good each time. A guilty pleasure of mine would be something like "Have You Never Been Mellow", by Olivia Newton-John. I liked and still like some of her early hits.

Here's one of mine

Nice thread idea, Blues Man. Although I consider that Meat Loaf song to be pretty good. I like it and I DON"T consider it a guilty pleasure. I love the vocal interplay between Meat Loaf and the female singer on this one. I've actually sung this one with some brave women at Karaoke a few times. It turned out good each time. A guilty pleasure of mine would be something like "Have You Never Been Mellow", by Olivia Newton-John. I liked and still like some of her early hits.

No doubt Meat had some set of pipes and always had great accompaniment It's just one of those songs that a lot of people I know cringe when I put it on and I know every word.

I love it.

Here's one of mine

OK I gotta admit girls singing break up songs are a long time guilty pleasure of mine

What a set of................PIPES on that woman! She DOES have a great voice.
She can still hit the high notes like a 9 year old girl.
(more carefully now I imagine)
Mine are from 2 different definitions of 'guilty pleasures'....

Man she can sing. I like her early stuff

Yeah I really only like her first 2 albums and a few later songs.
Would like to have seen her live , at least back before ticket prices
went 3-figures.

Ummm,... The Cheetah Girls?? Sorry, but this song is really badass. :cool: Ziggy I think this also describes us. :)

Translation of foreign language: "You really blew this one Jackal."

Last edited:
There are pros, and then there are pros. In terms of production value and execution, I don't think there's ever been anyone better than the Bee Gees:

There are pros, and then there are pros. In terms of production value and execution, I don't think there's ever been anyone better than the Bee Gees:

One thing that I really miss in music today is the 3 or 4 part vocal harmonies that were so prevalent in the 60's and even the early 70's.

Forum List

Back