Guess who BP gave the most $$$ too?

So...has Obama had his hand in the British Petroleum cookie jar for a long time?

Obama biggest recipient of BP cash

While the BP oil geyser pumps millions of gallons of petroleum into the Gulf of Mexico, President Barack Obama and members of Congress may have to answer for the millions in campaign contributions they’ve taken from the oil and gas giant over the years.

BP and its employees have given more than $3.5 million to federal candidates over the past 20 years, with the largest chunk of their money going to Obama, according to the Center for Responsive Politics. Donations come from a mix of employees and the company’s political action committees — $2.89 million flowed to campaigns from BP-related PACs and about $638,000 came from individuals.

On top of that, the oil giant has spent millions each year on lobbying — including $15.9 million last year alone — as it has tried to influence energy policy.

During his time in the Senate and while running for president, Obama received a total of $77,051 from the oil giant and is the top recipient of BP PAC and individual money over the past 20 years, according to financial disclosure records.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0510/36783.html#ixzz0n73iML9f

Wow! You are the first person to post this.

And by the way, it was from individual donors. ;)
He didn't recieve any PAC money.

THIS IS LITERALLY THE 6TH THREAD ON THIS SUBJECT ON THESE BOARDS.

And my thread on the fact that right-wingers are blanketing the internet with this talking point was moved to the "Flame Zone".

Wow.

Can we get some Mod action here please?

Exactly!!

Alright, you have a point, the others had unrelated OP's, but had morphed into the same thread.

My bad. And thank you very much for excellent moderation.

The Madman Obama was the biggest recipient of BP cash. $750 Million towards his campaign run for President. No wonder he had his head stuck up his ass for so many days after this tragedy. Love that change yuh pukes? LOL!!!! You dipshits. Just another carpetbagger. ~BH

Obama biggest recipient of BP cash - Erika Lovley - POLITICO.com

Sure that figure is correct?

I dunno, ask POLITICO. Probably more. :eusa_shhh:~BH

You don't know? And you are posting it without checking? :lol::lol::lol:

The Madman Obama was the biggest recipient of BP cash. $750 Million towards his campaign run for President. No wonder he had his head stuck up his ass for so many days after this tragedy. Love that change yuh pukes? LOL!!!! You dipshits. Just another carpetbagger. ~BH

Up until now I didn't really have a take on you. I do now. You are a lying sack of liquid shit. Your exaggeration is only off by a factor of 10,000 ..... that is of course if the article is true.... Supposed BP dnation..77,000..your lie..750,000,000 .

Last edited:
LOL, not only did you rehash this talking point, but you inflated the figure to TEN THOUSAND TIMES THE ACTUAL AMOUNT.

From the article:

During his time in the Senate and while running for president, Obama received a total of $77,051 from the oil giant and is the top recipient of BP PAC and individual money over the past 20 years, according to financial disclosure records.

Read more: Obama biggest recipient of BP cash - Erika Lovley - POLITICO.com

And that 77,000 was from individuals on BP's staff. A staff of 80,000 people.

Considering the average donation per American citizen for Obama's 2008 campaign was $2 Dollars ($600 Million Dollars/300 Million people) this is actually much less, on average, than other individual donations.

If BP just stuck to the average, they would have contributed $160,000 to his 2008 campaign alone.

Up until now I didn't really have a take on you. I do now. You are a lying sack of liquid shit. Your exaggeration is only off by a factor of 10,000 ..... that is of course if the article is true.... Supposed BP dnation..77,000..your lie..750,000,000 .

Coming from the biggest joke here at US Message Board, I could give a rats ass what you think puke bag. Now go back to your bath house yuh pervert. ~BH

Forum List

Back