Green Power in Texas

Not to mention how the view of the prairie has been ruined by war of the worlds parasols.
Like Lewis Medlock said in Deliverance, “You keep building more wind turbines for your left wing, smug urbanites and their green scam agenda and you know what’s gonna happen? We gonna rape this whole goddamn landscape. We gonna rape it!”

Those stupid turbines also don't work when the wind ain't blowing. Just like the even more stupid solar cells don't work when the sun ain't shinning.

Just saying.
You know, asshole, that it's not an either or or situation. That fossil fuel, wind, and solar can all exist at the same time.

You do know that, right?

You are the moron......it is assholes like you who want to end coal, oil and natural gas.........even knowing the solar and wind are dumb.

With cold packs...wind turbines work down to -20F. Even in North Dakota it rarely gets that cold. Solar and fossil fuels can easily offset that issue

Moron....the Texas Turbines got wet, and then froze....you idiot......it didn't take -20 to freeze them up...you doofus.

With cold packs...wind turbines work down to -20F. Even in North Dakota it rarely gets that cold. Solar and fossil fuels can easily offset that issue

Moron....the Texas Turbines got wet, and then froze....you idiot......it didn't take -20 to freeze them up...you doofus.
Jesus fuckin christ. Do you think that doesn't happen in North Dakota? Freezing rain only happens in Texas?

I'm in NY. I just looked out the window. Freezing rain.

You focking dope.

In Texas they gambled and thought they could save money by not installing cold packs...and this is the result.

STFU

Last edited:
Those stupid turbines also don't work when the wind ain't blowing. Just like the even more stupid solar cells don't work when the sun ain't shinning.

Just saying.
You know, asshole, that it's not an either or or situation. That fossil fuel, wind, and solar can all exist at the same time.

You do know that, right?

You are the moron......it is assholes like you who want to end coal, oil and natural gas.........even knowing the solar and wind are dumb.

These stupid uneducated Moon Bats don't known any more about Climate Science than they know about Economics, History, Biology, Ethics or the Constitution.

If the idiots knew the real impact on the environment that the production, distribution and disposal of wind turbines and solar cells had then they would know those things are a disaster.

Then they don't work a significant amount of the time.

If they were economical the stupid government wouldn't be subsidizing them, would they?

These Moon Bats ain't exactly the best and brightest, are they?

If they were economical the stupid government wouldn't be subsidizing them, would they?
Newsflash...government subsidizes national highways, airports, airlines, fossil fuels, nuke plants

So...yea

Newsflash...government subsidizes national highways, airports, airlines, fossil fuels, nuke plants

So...yea

Newflash stupid Moon Bat. They shouldn't. Roads should pay for themselves just like airports.

It cost two billion dollars nowadays to just to get a government permit for a nuke so any incentives they give is off set by government regulation stupidity.

What you Moon Bat idiots call fossil fuel subsidies is nothing more than legitimate business expense tax deductions like for exploration. You are often confuse about stuff like that.

However, if you are concerned about subsidies then please join me to advocate no government transfer payments at all.

No welfare, subsidies, bailouts, grants or entitlements. None for anybody.

Jesus fuckin christ. Do you think that doesn't happen in North Dakota? Freezing rain only happens in Texas?

I'm in NY. I just looked out the window. Freezing rain.

You focking dope.

In Texas they gambled and thought they could save money by not installing cold packs...and this is the result.

STFU

No, dipshit....we know freezing rain happens, we also know that temperatures in some states go down to -12 or more and cold pack or not, turbines are going to freeze and solar panels will be covered in snow...you know what doesn't freeze or get covered in snow...coal powered plants......nuclear powered plants........and you don't have to worry about them not being able to supply energy when it gets chilly out.

Texas residents told to stay off roads as ‘historic Arctic outbreak’ leaves 2.5 million without power (yahoo.com)

" Turbines in that area have frozen amid the cold temperatures, causing the state’s wind power capacity to fall from 25,100 megawatts of energy to just 12,000, according to the Austin American-Statesman. "

Guess Mother Nature can screw up Green energy.
I am guessing you have never lived in a area where traditional energy sources fail during winter also. Fifteen years ago our power was out for three weeks after a winter storm...I wished I would have had solar power.

To the contrary, I've lived in several places like that.

Just pointing out that Green energy is not exempt.

No it’s not, but wind power is not the main source of power in Texas. The problem they’re having there is a conservative designed and run grid system, where profit is put above all else. And now Texans are getting a true taste of their conservative medicine.

Wind Power Isn’t To Blame For Texas’ Electricity Crisis

Ken Lay's Texas has a highly deregulated energy market. As a result, some Texans who were still able to turn on lights or keep their fridge running found themselves with bills of $5,000 for just a five-day period, according to photos of invoices posted on social media by angry consumers.

" Turbines in that area have frozen amid the cold temperatures, causing the state’s wind power capacity to fall from 25,100 megawatts of energy to just 12,000, according to the Austin American-Statesman. "

Guess Mother Nature can screw up Green energy.

wind shutdowns were less than 13% of the outages.

The real problem. Texas couldn't get electricity from neighboring states because unlike the rest of the country, they aren't interconnected.

1614168794073.png

The real problem. Texas couldn't get electricity from neighboring states because unlike the rest of the country, they aren't interconnected.
Actually it's worse than that. Yes Texas committed energy suicide by cutting themselves off from the national energy grid....but that's the safety net.

The main problem was that they never put the money into proper weatherization of ANY of their in state energy facilities. That of course includes nuclear and fossil fuels which makeup 90% of their energy production in the winter

Forum List

Back