Green Power in Texas

Those stupid turbines also don't work when the wind ain't blowing. Just like the even more stupid solar cells don't work when the sun ain't shinning.

Just saying.
You know, asshole, that it's not an either or or situation. That fossil fuel, wind, and solar can all exist at the same time.

You do know that, right?
So why are you killing fossil fuels?

Texas residents told to stay off roads as ‘historic Arctic outbreak’ leaves 2.5 million without power (yahoo.com)

" Turbines in that area have frozen amid the cold temperatures, causing the state’s wind power capacity to fall from 25,100 megawatts of energy to just 12,000, according to the Austin American-Statesman. "

Guess Mother Nature can screw up Green energy.
I am guessing you have never lived in a area where traditional energy sources fail during winter also. Fifteen years ago our power was out for three weeks after a winter storm...I wished I would have had solar power.
Germany has invested in solar power and windmills and is having problems with the weather. They are now getting energy from Poland and Russia to offset their issues. You people are murderers with your craziness. Nothing wrong with moving to cleaner sources. Its the extremism that offs people for the agendas that we have a problem with.
I prefer to stay off the grid as much as possible because I don't want to support government funded capitalist monopolies.
Thats why you post on message boards that use them to communicate... Give me a break you hypocrite..
being off the grid doesn't mean you don't have electric, derpa.

Those stupid turbines also don't work when the wind ain't blowing. Just like the even more stupid solar cells don't work when the sun ain't shinning.

Just saying.
You know, asshole, that it's not an either or or situation. That fossil fuel, wind, and solar can all exist at the same time.

You do know that, right?

You stupid uneducated Moon Bats are just as ignorant of Economics as you are History, Climate Science, Ethics, Biology and the Constitution.

None of these stupid worthless solar and wind projects can compete with fossil fuels without massive government subsidies.

They ain't economical Moon Bat. "Ain't economical" is another way of saying a waste of money.

Dumb technology that only exist because the idiot Environmental Wacko lobby gives so much money to corrupt politicians to provide the wasteful subsidies.

Texas residents told to stay off roads as ‘historic Arctic outbreak’ leaves 2.5 million without power (yahoo.com)

" Turbines in that area have frozen amid the cold temperatures, causing the state’s wind power capacity to fall from 25,100 megawatts of energy to just 12,000, according to the Austin American-Statesman. "

I am guessing you have never lived in a area where traditional energy sources fail during winter also. Fifteen years ago our power was out for three weeks after a winter storm...I wished I would have had solar power.

To the contrary, I've lived in several places like that.

Just pointing out that Green energy is not exempt.
Rolling blackouts anyone???

Historic winter storm freezes Texas wind turbines (lubbockonline.com)
Nearly half of Texas' installed wind power generation capacity has been offline because of frozen wind turbines in West Texas, according to Texas grid operators.

Wind farms across the state generate up to a combined 25,100 megawatts of energy. But unusually moist winter conditions in West Texas brought on by the weekend's freezing rain and historically low temperatures have iced many of those wind turbines to a halt.

As of Sunday morning, those iced turbines comprise 12,000 megawatts of Texas' installed wind generation capacity, although those West Texas turbines don't typically spin to their full generation capacity this time of year.

Texas power outages:Rolling blackouts possible amid record demand for energy
Imagine.I guess they'll have to install heaters in the future huh?

Gee...that was a tough engineering problem huh?

Just saying.

You do know that, right?
So why are you killing fossil fuels?

The idiot Moon Bats want fossil fuels to go away so that everybody will be forced to use the stupid "Green Technology", which will do tremendous damage to our economy. But they don't give a shit because they are so idiotic as to think that increasing the cost of fossil fuels will somehow stop climate change. They are that moronic.

These Moon Bats think increased taxes and increased cost are always the answer to every probelm they conjure up. Even Environmental Racism.

That is a rare occurrence.......snow covered solar panels and frozen turbines are the norm...not the rare exception during winter..

I've become fond of these type of blackouts and storm adventures.... gives the hubby and I trial run preparedness for when and if, shit hits the fan, zombie apocalypse occurs. :)

We've improved our emergency kit for losing electricity in the middle of winter, several times since we moved to Maine.

Yup. I did the same when I lived in Northern NH. Always had the go-bag ready in case it was needed and loads of stuff in the truck.

With all that flat, barren wide open space in Texas, they could put in vast fields of solar panels and wind turbines.

Yeah...I don't think Texas got anywhere near down to -20.... and the turbines still froze...
Hey dumbass. Read the posted link. Because it was Texas they didn't have "cold packs"

That is a rare occurrence.......snow covered solar panels and frozen turbines are the norm...not the rare exception during winter..
Not in Texass.

Last edited:

Just saying.

You do know that, right?

You stupid uneducated Moon Bats are just as ignorant of Economics as you are History, Climate Science, Ethics, Biology and the Constitution.

None of these stupid worthless solar and wind projects can compete with fossil fuels without massive government subsidies.

They ain't economical Moon Bat. "Ain't economical" is another way of saying a waste of money.

Dumb technology that only exist because the idiot Environmental Wacko lobby gives so much money to corrupt politicians to provide the wasteful subsidies.
Who do you think built and paid for the infrastructure of that electric grid you live on?

Emergency in the State of Texas, Energy Chaos as Deep Freeze Cripples Power Grid, Spot Prices Rise More Than 10,000% (thefederalistpapers.org)

Damn Leftist pieces of shit... this is their idea of green? Maybe soliant green compost of human bodies they have killed.
The same leftist pieces of shit are responsible for the frequent outages here in western Pa. If they would just let us use agent orange to kill off the trees there will be no falling branches shutting off the power. Don`t you just hate those people?!

1613418638520.png

Forum List

Back