GRAPHIC Video: Black Protesters Beat White Man with Hammer in Berkeley

The "motive" is pretty clear - they were trying to rob a Radioshack, and he was trying to stop them.

It's pretty clear how badly you guys want it to be about race, but the reality of the situation doesn't back up your hysterics.

No matter how badly you want to remain ignorant, the reality is that there are big problems in the black community, and it is NOT caused by the police or white people.

No matter how much you want to blame this all on black people, you're just going to have to accept that millions of people of all races are sick of police misconduct and are doing something about it.

No one likes police misconduct, neither do I . but the problem is being over exaggerated, when you put into the context of the number of calls the police go on every day. Whens the last time you saw a News report about Police using restraint in the face of combative suspects ?
The Michael Brown Protests were driven by the belief from the very begining that it was about a White cop murdering a black kid. That belief was formed with false information, like Brown being shot in the back.

definitely. I totally agree with that statement. It's basically what I said in my post too. This stuff is way overexaggerated by criminals who just don't want to go to jail or are looking for a law suit, IMO. I see no blatant police brutality at all.

I think it does happen, but also many times when someone is being arrested they fake brutality reports as you say, and this would skew the statistics.
I do believe in the New York city case, the cops should have backed off and helped the guy when they saw he was having trouble. That case aside though,
I have to believe the majority of police are trying to treat people decently and at the same time do their job which often requires them to be in someones face
or have someone be in their face, often with drugs or alcohol involved

I also believe that individually, the vast majority of police are well-meaning, kind and decent people.

The problems come from police culture in general, not the individuals themselves.

The "motive" is pretty clear - they were trying to rob a Radioshack, and he was trying to stop them.

It's pretty clear how badly you guys want it to be about race, but the reality of the situation doesn't back up your hysterics.

No matter how badly you want to remain ignorant, the reality is that there are big problems in the black community, and it is NOT caused by the police or white people.

No matter how much you want to blame this all on black people, you're just going to have to accept that millions of people of all races are sick of police misconduct and are doing something about it.

No one likes police misconduct, neither do I . but the problem is being over exaggerated, when you put into the context of the number of calls the police go on every day. Whens the last time you saw a News report about Police using restraint in the face of combative suspects ?
The Michael Brown Protests were driven by the belief from the very begining that it was about a White cop murdering a black kid. That belief was formed with false information, like Brown being shot in the back.

definitely. I totally agree with that statement. It's basically what I said in my post too. This stuff is way overexaggerated by criminals who just don't want to go to jail or are looking for a law suit, IMO. I see no blatant police brutality at all.

I think it does happen, but also many times when someone is being arrested they fake brutality reports as you say, and this would skew the statistics.
I do believe in the New York city case, the cops should have backed off and helped the guy when they saw he was having trouble. That case aside though,
I have to believe the majority of police are trying to treat people decently and at the same time do their job which often requires them to be in someones face

Yes, I think they should have helped him too. They were definitely wrong for just standing around and not giving him any kind of medical attention.

If a person resisted, we could almost always count on them being high or drunk. A sober person simply wouldn't resist an MP.

I would also like to say that beating a person with a hammer for any reason is quite sick and demented.

I think choking out a man and ignoring his pleas for help just because he was selling cigarettes illegally is pretty sick and demented too.

It wasn't because he was selling cigarettes. It was because he was resisting arrest. The police cannot allow a person to resist because they do not know what that person is capable of. Perhaps he could pull out a gun and shoot someone?

Do you expect the police to just let people go who are breaking the law? :lol: Face it, because of the fact that he was fighting the police, he was just not innocent.

This is what I'm talking about. He's not "innocent", so he must have deserved to die.

Guess what? No one is "innocent". You, me, and everyone else breaks laws every day.

Speak for yourself

That's quite ironic coming from you, since almost all of your arguments so far in this thread have been about what you assume I did or I think.

Are you claiming that you've never broken the law? Never driven faster than the speed limit?

Never drove a drink or two over the limit? Never blew a red light? Never jaywalked?

I would also like to say that beating a person with a hammer for any reason is quite sick and demented.

I think choking out a man and ignoring his pleas for help just because he was selling cigarettes illegally is pretty sick and demented too.

It wasn't because he was selling cigarettes. It was because he was resisting arrest. The police cannot allow a person to resist because they do not know what that person is capable of. Perhaps he could pull out a gun and shoot someone?

Do you expect the police to just let people go who are breaking the law? :lol: Face it, because of the fact that he was fighting the police, he was just not innocent.

This is what I'm talking about. He's not "innocent", so he must have deserved to die.

Guess what? No one is "innocent". You, me, and everyone else breaks laws every day.

Speak for yourself

I speed sometimes. :lol: If the police pulled me over though, I wouldn't start fighting with them over it. I would take my ticket like a woman! Lol!

I also believe that individually, the vast majority of police are well-meaning, kind and decent people.

The problems come from police culture in general, not the individuals themselves.

Hmm, that sounds remarkably like my stance on blacks, for which Im labeled as a racist.

Wanna bet which group - cops or blacks has a more well earned reputation for our respective beliefs?

HOWEVER

the choke hold was still inappropriate and against departmental policy, and using it should cost that officer his job.

Perhaps. He was not indicted though, so apparently they did not agree with that assessment, and there were black people on the grand jury too, so that counts for something. The liberals cannot say that it was due to racism or whatever.

I don't know what other options the police had available to them, given the size of this gentleman. He was quite enormous and probably not easy to take down.

:lol:

I don't think it was about racism, I think it was about the Blue Shield.

Oh, so what are you suggesting? That the Grand Jury was corrupt? Where there police officers serving on the Grand Jury. Hmm. I didn't think that was allowed. Lol.

No, I think the DA protects their own. That's the way it goes.

Well, it wasn't the DA who decided not to indict. It was the Grand Jury.

...based on the prosecution laid out by the DA.

Speak for yourself

That's quite ironic coming from you, since almost all of your arguments so far in this thread have been about what you assume I did or I think.

Are you claiming that you've never broken the law? Never driven faster than the speed limit?

Never drove a drink or two over the limit? Never blew a red light? Never jaywalked?

Sir, I'm 43 years old and have never had a speeding ticket, nor a DUI, nor a jaywalking ticket, nor have I ever stole anything, nor broken any other law that I'm aware of.

Hmm, that sounds remarkably like my stance on blacks, for which Im labeled as a racist.

Wanna bet which group - cops or blacks has a more well earned reputation for our respective beliefs?

Feel free to "label" me a cop-hater, if it makes you feel better about yourself.

Speak for yourself

Sir, I'm 43 years old and have never had a speeding ticket, nor a DUI, nor a jaywalking ticket, nor have I ever stole anything, nor broken any other law that I'm aware of.

I didn't ask you if you've been caught.

Feel free to "label" me a cop-hater, if it makes you feel better about yourself.

I labeled you no such thing, for to do so I would have to label myself a black hater and I certainly am not one.

Speak for yourself

If you were breaking the law and got caught by the police, would you fight with them and resist arrest? Besides, IIRC, I also heard that the police were not going to arrest him at first and that they had simply told him to move along. It was when he started arguing and fighting that they decided to arrest him instead. Then, he fights over that too? What should the police do in such a situation in your opinion? Ask him to please stop or they will spank his hiney? :biggrin:

If a person resisted, we could almost always count on them being high or drunk. A sober person simply wouldn't resist an MP.

Yep, makes sense. You should know right? it was your job. Its no wonder things can escalate where you dont want it to go.

Speak for yourself

Sir, I don't know much plainer I can be. I have never broke ANY law as far as I am aware.

I am saddened that you would that find that so amazing.

Whats important here is to recognize is that MOST ( operative word ) of America doesn't think we have a policing problem.............most of America thinks we have a black problem. This hammer shit is just another piece of the puzzle to an eventual awakening..........wont be pretty s0ns!!!:2up::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:

Speak for yourself

Sir, I don't know much plainer I can be. I have never broke ANY law as far as I am aware.

I am saddened that you would that find that so amazing.

I don't find it "amazing", I find it completely and utterly unbelievable.

As in, I don't believe you.

But there's no point in arguing about it.

Yep, makes sense. You should know right? it was your job. Its no wonder things can escalate where you dont want it to go.

To be honest, things RARELY escalate that far with MPs, we were a little more liberal with the ass kicking than civilian cops can be.

Of course we had a lot less MP related shootings to.

Whats important here is to recognize is that MOST ( operative word ) of America doesn't think we have a policing problem.............most of America thinks we have a black problem. This hammer shit is just another piece of the puzzle to an eventual awakening..........wont be pretty s0ns!!!:2up::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:

I hate to break it to you kid, but you don't speak for "most of America".

Forum List

Back