Grand jury indicts Daniel Penny in chokehold death of Jordan Neely

Anyone should pay for assault and kidnappng. I wonder why he didn't? Did he go to jail or did they just let him off in these cases?

He got 4 months for the kidnapping, and was waiting in jail for 15 months for his trial when he pleaded guilty to assaulting the old woman when the judge decided to he didn’t need to serve any additional time if he went to rehab and stayed clean for 15 months. Neely left the rehab center after a few days. I don’t know if he served any time for assaulting the old guy. Probably not. There was even an unsubstantiated report that Neely tried to push someone onto the subway tracks the day before he was killed. What an angel.

He got 4 months for the kidnapping, and was waiting in jail for 15 months for his trial when he pleaded guilty to assaulting the old woman when the judge decided to he didn’t need to serve any additional time if he went to rehab and stayed clean for 15 months. Neely left the rehab center after a few days. I don’t know if he served any time for assaulting the old guy. Probably not. There was even an unsubstantiated report that Neely tried to push someone onto the subway tracks the day before he was killed. What an angel.
The chokehold was unnecessary. Vigilante actions have consequences.

The only thing he did wrong was hold it too long. He wasn’t a vigilante. He wasn’t out looking for trouble. It came to him.
He acted like a vigilante. Yes, he held the hold too long, and that is his downfall. He will be convicted, I believe, of voluntary manslaughter.

I acted as a vigilante at least four times, and I have not paid a legal price for the actions. One of them I got away with what I did. Lucky. That's the bubble in which Penny operated, and he had dozens of people watching plus cameras and vids and whatever.

Think before acting out, then do what you think best.

He acted like a vigilante. Yes, he held the hold too long, and that is his downfall. He will be convicted, I believe, of voluntary manslaughter.
No. A vigilante goes out looking for trouble. He did not do that. I’m not going to predict what a NYC jury will do. I figure some of them ride the subway and are fed up with what’s happening there.

I acted as a vigilante at least four times, and I have not paid a legal price for the actions. One of them I got away with what I did. Lucky. That's the bubble in which Penny operated, and he had dozens of people watching plus cameras and vids and whatever.

Think before acting out, then do what you think best.
He thought it was best to use his military skills to protect innocent passengers trapped in an aluminum can from a deranged black criminal threatening to kill someone. Knowing the violent criminal’s history, someone was likely saves from serious injury or worse.

No. A vigilante goes out looking for trouble. He did not do that. I’m not going to predict what a NYC jury will do. I figure some of them ride the subway and are fed up with what’s happening there.
You are wrong, of course. Vigilantes do not look for 'trouble' as part of their watch. They act on their own volition, thus are responsible in the law for their behavior, as is Mr. Penny.

You are wrong, of course. Vigilantes do not look for 'trouble' as part of their watch. They act on their own volition, thus are responsible in the law for their behavior, as is Mr. Penny.
He was not on some “watch.” He was not acting as a vigilante. He was a random subway rider who was confronted with a problem. He acted spontaneously.

Blame them and the government for not dealing with him properly for the last decade or so.
That is absolutely right. Tolerating bad behaviors to the point of the innocent being threatened and worse even killed by those intent on using bad behaviour to get their way, and by the perps using intimidation tactics when doing their dasterdly deeds, is a complete failure of American CIVILIZED SOCIETY. FACT !!!

Forum List

Back