Government Take-Over of Rental Housing

Rental costs are exploding around the country - 30%, 40%, 50%.

Good people can't afford to live indoors anymore.

This is a MASSIVE crisis.

So what's wrong with finding roommates? It was very popular in the 60's when a lot of people could not afford rents.

Bad argument.

No one can reasonably demand or expect a castle.

Screen Shot 2021-07-26 at 11.02.33 PM.png

CDC overreach moving further along.
This is Democrat ploy to appeal to their deadbeat constituents.
When did government get the authority to define or redefine Health. I just don’t see Health referenced in any of our binding National documents.
The Democrats have figured out that their CovidScam and the eviction moratorium that went along with it - and which is about to expire - are about to result in the greatest civil unrest in our country's history.

They're scrambling to avoid that, so expect to see a last minute indefinite extension by the CDC of their illegal moratorium.

Crisis averted.

Sort of.

The other crisis is that landlords are raising rents 30% - 50%, and this is something that is simply unpayable.

So the DemocraTaliban has created TWO crises, and it's trying to avoid responsibility for either.

Last edited:
You don't think this is extreme? Look, we landlords didn't buy rental property as some sort of social obligation, we bought rental property for a long-term investment that will hopefully net us some profit along the way.

If you agree with price control, then what if government says you can only make X percent on your IRA? How about X percent on your home you want to sell? X percent on your coin collection?

It's not any governments place to put a limit on what you are allowed to make on your investments. It's your money, your investment, and as such, you should make as much on your investment as you possibly can.
The only problem is that housing is a BASIC human right.

Like food, water and healthcare.

Maybe invest in something else?

Nobody is screwing anybody. I have a place for rent for X money. You want to rent my unit for X money. We make a deal we are both happy with. If you don't like the deal, you are free to decline the offer. But if you accept the offer, how is anybody getting screwed?
30% - 50% rent increases are simply unpayable.

The country is on the verge of MASSIVE civil unrest and crisis.

The only problem is that housing is a BASIC human right.

Like food, water and healthcare.

Maybe invest in something else?
Nitwitted communist comment----

If you don't have people making a profit renting out properties, you won't have properties to rent creating massive homelessness even among people who realize that it isn't everyone else's responsibility to take care of them.

Sure, that is because once you have a gun, you can easily get food, housing, etc.

But seriously, I do actually agree with you, that there should be some sort of minimal safety net, like a field of tiny homes or something, and free cafeterias.
^ This.

It is housing, is it not?
Housing is housing, yes.
There is NOTHING in our founding documents that guarantees you housing.
Housing is a BASIC human right.
The guarantee is to provide you with opportunity and security which this country has always and continues to do.
The problem is that all that is evaporating. Good people simply CANNOT pay the extortionate amounts now being demanded for rent. There is nowhere left to go. This is a MASSIVE crisis.
The government is not your parents nor do they have any parental responsibilities.

Where was this concern when the democrats forced eviction moratoriums on landlords when the deadbeat tenants used the scamdemic to quit paying their rent?
Democrats don't give two shits about the crisis they created - you know this.
Those rental owners are people with rights and responsibilities too.
Yes.
They have to pay mortgages, taxes, insurance whether or not the deadbeats pay.
Yes - hence the unpayable rent demands now unfolding. The Democrats have destroyed millions of good lives with their CovidScam.
After a year and a half of no rent, they should be able to recoup their losses.
By destroying the lives of millions of good people? The DemocraTaliban created this crisis - let them pay for it. Nazi Pelosi can start by renting out her palatial mansion for cheap.
Personal responsibility is something that has died in the US.
Good people simply CANNOT pay 30% to 50% rent increases.
There is no free lunch--oops,
Food, water, heathcare & housing - the 4 BASIC human rights.
I guess there is now and breakfast too.
Basic human rights are basic - I have no problem paying for them.
Indeed so; indeed so...

WWJD?

Housing is housing, yes.

The problem is that all that is evaporating. Good people simply CANNOT pay the extortionate amounts now being demanded for rent. There is nowhere left to go. This is a MASSIVE crisis.

Still haven't figured out---that without landlords making a profit, there will be a shortage of rental units making people homeless? Why can't you grasp this unless you have never not lived in government housing........

The answer to that is MOVE.
That argument doesn't work anymore.

It never really did, actually, as the jobs are where the rents are highest - that's why the rents are highest.

This is a MASSIVE national crisis.

Conservatives want no basic minimum wage, no unions, and unpayable rents.

Something's got to give , and it's about to.
No one is forcing you to stay in those high rent districts.
It's where the jobs are, and outlying areas are now also unaffordable.
If you move to Cle Elum or Wenatchee you can find housing that is reasonably priced.
Someone needs to check the Wenatchee RE listings - studios are $1200/mo - IF you can even find one.

How can someone making minimum wage even begin to afford that?

Cle Elum?

Nothing available.

This is a MASSIVE crisis, sport - a MILLION times more explosive than what's happening on the border.

Pretend it isn't all you want, but that won't change a thing.

What does that even mean?
That housing is a BASIC human right - it's not complicated.
I think we'd all agree you have a right to own a house.
Sure.
No one should be able to steal from your house, or be on your property without your permission.
Sure.
So, if that's what you mean, I'd totally agree.
Great. :)
But I suspect what you really mean, when you call it a "right", is that the government should ensure everyone has decent housing.
Possibly.
Which is an entirely different question.
Yes.
I think the whole bread and circuses thing is a mistake.
Okay.
It gives government too much power.
Possibly.
In particular, it gives them more control over the poor and, presumably, pacifies them.
Okay.
I think THAT's is the real reason for the welfare state, one that no one will say out loud.
Sure.

But the affordable housing crisis is real, and the country is about to explode.

What do you propose?

Forum List

Back