Government Take-Over of Rental Housing

When have food water housing and medical ever been basic human rights?
Always.
The only places I can think of that that was true were the various communist countries where you stood in long lines to get a little of whatever food was available since they couldn't even feed their own people.
Irrelevant nonsense, fear-mongering & deflection.
The water was horribly polluted by government owned factories and mines that destroyed the environment.
Sometimes, just as in capitalist countries.
Housing was poorly constructed rat mazes
See above.
with government minders watching your every move and you could only live where and with whom you wee told to.
Like capitalist company towns?
And health care was a joke.
Must it be? Are you just fear-mongering?
Badl7y trained doctors, medicine that was either expired or had the contents diluted so it could be sold on the black market, shall I go on?
Basic human rights = Basic human rights.

Fear-mongering is a pathetic, counter-productive waste of time.

Why blame the world for ones laziness?
^ The conservative myth.

Millions of good, hard-working people are seeing their lives destroyed by these crises.

Conservatives laugh and sneer and insult and embrace lies; Jesus weeps.

You keep saying that, but it doesn't mean what you think it does.
What does this mean?
And very few people agree with you and I'd bet those who do are ones who are chronically unemployed and don't have the means or desire to care for themselves.
Nonsense and myth.
Tell you what, TOU go buy a twelve unit apartment building and attempt to pay the mortgage and maintenance while letting people live there for free or at subsidized rates below what it's costing you.
Irrelevant nonsense/ludicrous assumptions.
Them come back in a year and honestly tell us that you still believe housing is a basic human right.
Housing: A BASIC human right.
When you have to pay the bill, your beliefs change.
Nonsensical assumption/s.
it's easy to be altruistic when some else is paying the piper.
See above.

You won't define your terms,
What terms? Can you define what you mean by terms? What you mean by define?

Stop playing nonsensical games & look words up if they actually confuse you.
you won't put forward a program to fund or implement your thesis and you wont define who you expect to provide that housing "right".
How would you address these crises?

With more fabrication and nonsense?
Until you do, you are just acting stupid and trolling.
Look in a mirror & stop making excuses & spreading myths.
You debate like a second grader.
I know you do, but what about me? :)

Sounds like it's too tough a gig for you - have you considered the stock market?

No parking lots to plow! :)

You're actually serious; poor investor!

Too tough for some to handle I guess.

On the breaking backs of good, hard-working people while the non-payers walk.

You think it's a good idea for millions of renters' lives to be destroyed by unpayable rent increases for the *crime* of having killed themselves to pay rent all through the CovidScam?

You think it's in any way moral or decent or sane to make nurses, teachers, vets, the elderly, disabled and those on fixed income homeless because they kept you afloat for the last year and a half?

If so, I pity you far more than I pity the victims of this crisis.

You must be completely Fn stupid or something. I told you once and I'll tell you again: I'm not going to answer some idiot that can't respond to a post without breaking it up into a hundred pieces. I only discuss issues with those who have the intelligence to have a discussion with me.

It might become a very interesting fight. The ACLU vs Marxism. Years ago, the ACLU forced government run mental institutions to let out all mentally-ill patients that didn't want to be there. The result was a large increase of homeless people, too mentally-ill to work or behave normally. Wish the left luck in their endeavor to get the nuts back into the institutions, since they prefer to walk around the streets gesturing and carrying on with invisible companions and prefer being under a freeway overpass, a large cardboard box, a tent, or just a plain stoop by the sidewalk. Then of course, there are what we used to call the Hobo's. They just like living by railroads so they can up and travel when a train passes through.

You want me to pay for housing for other people, why is it deflection for me to ask you to pay mine. I’m just asking you to live up to your rhetoric.

It might become a very interesting fight. The ACLU vs Marxism. Years ago, the ACLU forced government run mental institutions to let out all mentally-ill patients that didn't want to be there. The result was a large increase of homeless people, too mentally-ill to work or behave normally. Wish the left luck in their endeavor to get the nuts back into the institutions, since they prefer to walk around the streets gesturing and carrying on with invisible companions and prefer being under a freeway overpass, a large cardboard box, a tent, or just a plain stoop by the sidewalk. Then of course, there are what we used to call the Hobo's. They just like living by railroads so they can up and travel when a train passes through.

I remember the genesis of all this. Back in the mid 70's, Geraldo had his own television show. It was he who (as a lawyer) expressed the unconstitutionality of institutionalizing people who committed no crime. We were locking up people for doing nothing illegal. It gained momentum, got to the liberal courts, and they ruled that Geraldo was correct. The Constitution does not give government the authority to commit people into institutions who broke no laws.

The mental institutions didn't kick people out, but had to unlock their cells and doors for them to make their own decision whether they wanted to stay or not. Of course, most left.

Today in SF there are homeless camps that stretch for miles. They hand out poop maps for visitors and tourists. They reduced shoplifting under $950.00 to a misdemeanor which the police won't even come out for. Walgreens closed up all their stores in SF due to theft, and Target has early closing hours indicating they are on the same path as Walgreens. In Seattle, there is a street of homeless people selling products below store prices. They sell fine clothing, shoes, even high end alcohol beverages below store prices. Now gee, how did these homeless people get such a deal on such items without so much as a vendors license?

These are liberal policies in full force.

You must be completely Fn stupid or something. I told you once and I'll tell you again: I'm not going to answer some idiot that can't respond to a post without breaking it up into a hundred pieces. I only discuss issues with those who have the intelligence to have a discussion with me.
Please don't feed the trolls.

Equal protection of the laws for unemployment compensation in out at-will employment States can solve simple poverty and help get the homeless off the street.

I remember the genesis of all this. Back in the mid 70's, Geraldo had his own television show. It was he who (as a lawyer) expressed the unconstitutionality of institutionalizing people who committed no crime. We were locking up people for doing nothing illegal. It gained momentum, got to the liberal courts, and they ruled that Geraldo was correct. The Constitution does not give government the authority to commit people into institutions who broke no laws.

The mental institutions didn't kick people out, but had to unlock their cells and doors for them to make their own decision whether they wanted to stay or not. Of course, most left.

Today in SF there are homeless camps that stretch for miles. They hand out poop maps for visitors and tourists. They reduced shoplifting under $950.00 to a misdemeanor which the police won't even come out for. Walgreens closed up all their stores in SF due to theft, and Target has early closing hours indicating they are on the same path as Walgreens. In Seattle, there is a street of homeless people selling products below store prices. They sell fine clothing, shoes, even high end alcohol beverages below store prices. Now gee, how did these homeless people get such a deal on such items without so much as a vendors license?

These are liberal policies in full force.
Unequal protection of the at-will employment law for unemployment compensation in our at-will employment States. That is a conservative policy in full force.

^ The conservative myth.

Millions of good, hard-working people are seeing their lives destroyed by these crises.

Conservatives laugh and sneer and insult and embrace lies; Jesus weeps.
I am not a conservative. What crises? The Govt halted evictions and gave lazy people free money and now in some states like MA, businesses cannot find workers.

I am not a conservative. What crises? The Govt halted evictions and gave lazy people free money and now in some states like MA, businesses cannot find workers.
From 1978 to 2018, CEO compensation grew by 1,007.5% (940.3% under the options-realized measure), far outstripping S&P stock market growth (706.7%) and the wage growth of very high earners (339.2%). In contrast, wages for the typical worker grew by just 11.9%.

From 1978 to 2018, CEO compensation grew by 1,007.5% (940.3% under the options-realized measure), far outstripping S&P stock market growth (706.7%) and the wage growth of very high earners (339.2%). In contrast, wages for the typical worker grew by just 11.9%.
OK

Who paid those salaries/bonuses? Gov't or the corporations. Don't hate on success because you're unsuccessful.

Correct. Under capitalism, if people want to work hard they will not be unemployed. Underpayment is subjective.
No, it isn't.

Forum List

Back