Critique of Kath Hochul's housing plan.

So, again, prove conclusively that every single apartment in those pictures is rented?
I don't see any data or proof of your claim.
So try real evidence. Like say.... data from the NYC housing authority.

Something better than "I'm a mindless internet troll that posts unsupportable claims, and that's all the evidence a dumb person needs!"
I would bet that take those identical photos at night and a large portion of those windows would be dark. The NYC government admits to the problem, the data posted comes from it.

It keeps rents low FOR THE CURRENT RESIDENTS. It eliminates any incentive for the building of additional rental units, it also causes landlords to stop maintaining their rental units because they are already losing money and can't either sell or demolish the rental units. It works that way in every city that applies rent control. It always benefits a few at the cost of the many.
Why would it eliminate incentive for the building of additional rental units ?.... when the current rental units are making decent profits for their owners. If they weren't, the buildings would be abandoned, but a trip through the city clearly shows that 90% of buildings are in good shape, well occupied, and giving good profits.

The building I grew up in from 1946 - 1967 was owned by a landlord named Ralph Levenson. Now his grandson Kyle Levenson, owns that building.

NO, they are NOT losing money. 90% of buildings are doing fine. You are being brainwashed by the landlord lobby, which has lots of money to put into propaganda, and they do just that. That's what your whole post is - a landlord billboard, :rolleyes: And you're so used to hearing it, you automatically think its true.

Why would it eliminate incentive for the building of additional rental units ?.... when the current rental units are making decent profits for their owners. If they weren't the buildings would b abandoned, but a trip through the city clearly shows that 90% of buildings are in good shape, well occupied, and giving good profits.

NO, they are NOT losing money. 90% of buildings are doing fine. You are being brainwashed by the landlord lobby which has lots of money to put into propaganda, and they do just that. That's what your whole post - a landlord billboard, :rolleyes: And you're so used to hearing it, you automatically think it s true.
When someone is paying seventies level rent, the land lord isn’t making any money unless the building was paid for before rent control went into effect. All the things landlords have to provide are far more costly than they were in the seventies.

So, again, prove conclusively that every single apartment in those pictures is rented?
I don't see any data or proof of your claim.
So try real evidence. Like say.... data from the NYC housing authority.

Something better than "I'm a mindless internet troll that posts unsupportable claims, and that's all the evidence a dumb person needs!"
Try going to New York City, Mr Data.. Approach 100 apartment buildings over the course of a month, and inquire about renting an apartment.

90% of them will tell you they have no vacancy (or any expected vacancies).

Last edited:
When someone is paying seventies level rent, the land lord isn’t making any money unless the building was paid for before rent control went into effect. All the things landlords have to provide are far more costly than they were in the seventies.
Again, if they were not making profits, they wouldn't be there, and the buildings would be abandoned.

Debating you is easy because all you're putting forth is the landlords' BS propaganda, which doesn't add up.

Again, if they were not making profits, they wouldn't be there, and the buildings would be abandoned.

Debating you is easy because all you're putting forth is the landlords' BS propaganda, which doesn't add up.
It doesn’t add up because you are an opinionated jerk who wants everyone else to take care of him

Forum List

Back