Government Advisor Admits Masks Are Just “Comfort Blankets” That Do Virtually Nothing

That's the reason for wearing masks. You get coronavirus before you know it. So it slows community spread. You are an adult. You have NO excuse for not understanding this, at this point. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Leftists tell me I should be ashamed of myself when I have utterly decimated their points.

The virus rides on AEROSOLIZED PARTICLES. For a long, long way.

It matters not if those particles fly right at your face or hang in the air. They're out there. You did not contain them, as you would if you had a *contained respirator*. They escaped. It's over.

Leftists tell me I should be ashamed of myself when I have utterly decimated their points.
Neato. But you should be ashamed of yourself for being so ignorant that you dont understand why masks have been recommended. That is so embarrassing for you.

Neato. But you should be ashamed of yourself for being so ignorant that you dont understand why masks have been recommended. That is so embarrassing for you.

I come with facts and you have "hey on this test dummy the particles didn't actually jet OUTWARD so...."

And you fell for it

What does a surgeon wearing a niosh approved mask that is meant to reduce spread of bacteria (1000x larger than viruses) in a surgical setting have to do with cheap cloth and hokey diy masks in the grocery store? Better yet, why did you evade the part of the opening post that states that nobody on this board has ever been able explain how on earth the holes in masks filter out viruses and droplets that are thousands of times smaller?
I thought I explained by example where something that is not eve a filter can and does in fact filter particles smaller than the holes in the mesh, that you can even see through. It is not at all surprising that even cheap masks like the one you mention have some effect, even if just limiting the forward velocity and of the particles come out.
Don't bother playing dumb. A seat belt won't always save your life, but you stand a better chance. A hand tied Swiss seat is not the most secure and definitely not as comfortable and a manufacture harness, but I don't rappel without one if rope is all I got. On white water, I am always in a life vest and usually a helmet, though I know of professionals that have died in the sport wearing better than I own. I was school trained in safety and have led an active life. I have seen more people injured or killed not using minimal precautions (that are not 100% effective) than witnessed or investigated where even minimal protections were used. It's as simple as that.
That's life. That's how it is. You ain't getting out of this thing alive, but with minimal precautions you can usually forestall the inevitable, be it by Covid, your automobile, or that stream you have to drink from in the back country or definitely dies of thirst. Masks just aren't that big a deal to skip as a minimal effort.

I thought I explained by example where something that is not eve a filter can and does in fact filter particles smaller than the holes in the mesh, that you can even see through. It is not at all surprising that even cheap masks like the one you mention have some effect, even if just limiting the forward velocity and of the particles come out.
Don't bother playing dumb. A seat belt won't always save your life, but you stand a better chance. A hand tied Swiss seat is not the most secure and definitely not as comfortable and a manufacture harness, but I don't rappel without one if rope is all I got. On white water, I am always in a life vest and usually a helmet, though I know of professionals that have died in the sport wearing better than I own. I was school trained in safety and have led an active life. I have seen more people injured or killed not using minimal precautions (that are not 100% effective) than witnessed or investigated where even minimal protections were used. It's as simple as that.
That's life. That's how it is. You ain't getting out of this thing alive, but with minimal precautions you can usually forestall the inevitable, be it by Covid, your automobile, or that stream you have to drink from in the back country or definitely dies of thirst. Masks just aren't that big a deal to skip as a minimal effort.
You did not explain how a virus or droplet gets trapped in a hole that is thousands of times bigger, you just posted your emotional assertion that the enormous holes just work.

Why are you evading these questions:

What does a surgeon wearing a niosh approved mask that is meant to reduce spread of bacteria (1000x larger than viruses) in a surgical setting have to do with cheap cloth and hokey diy masks in the grocery store? Better yet, why did you evade the part of the opening post that states that nobody on this board has ever been able explain how on earth the holes in masks filter out viruses and droplets that are thousands of times smaller?

I stated in the opening post that nobody on this board has ever been able to explain how on earth the enormous holes in masks filter out viruses and droplets that are thousands of times smaller. I see you do not dispute my statement.

There are three forces at work
1) Bernoulli effect. Going through the layers the air has to speed up and slow down inversely with the area of the path.
2) Coriolis effect. In traveling the layers, the droplets have to change direction, where they accelerate into obliquely into fibers.
3) Electrostatic charge of the inner layer, holds any droplets in place
4) Van Der Waals forces. The "surface tension" keeps the virus entrapped as the droplet evaporates.

This is why experiments with different particle size, found that masks more efficiently filter out particles as the size drops below the pore size.

1) Bernoulli effect. Going through the layers the air has to speed up and slow down inversely with the area of the path.
2) Coriolis effect. In traveling the layers, the droplets have to change direction, where they accelerate into obliquely into fibers.
4) Van Der Waals forces. The "surface tension" keeps the virus entrapped as the droplet evaporates.

This is why experiments with different particle size, found that masks more efficiently filter out particles as the size drops below the pore size.
Ive seen all these before, so I know you forgot brownian motion. You have not explained how any of these effects or principles actually stop the virus.

The reason why you cannot explain how on earth the enormous holes in masks filter out viruses and droplets that are thousands of times smaller is because they simply do not. Even Fau-Chi said that the holes in masks are so much bigger that masks don't work. Even if you could come up with an explanation for how those enormous holes stop viruses and droplets that are thousands of times smaller, we can clearly see what vape droplets actually look like when you breathe through a mask, see below:

So let's review:

- This man has no education or experience in any relevant field whatsoever

- The scientific literature shows the masks do, in fact, work as intended

Enjoy the rest of this piece of crap thread.

So let's review:

- This man has no education or experience in any relevant field whatsoever

- The scientific literature shows the masks do, in fact, work as intended

Enjoy the rest of this piece of crap thread.
You failed to explain how the giant holes in masks filter out the tiny virus. You did not dispute ANYTHING from the article.

Nobody on this board has ever been able to explain how masks filter out coronavirus or droplets through holes that are thousands of times larger than the virus, which means nobody will be disputing the content of this article:​

Government Advisor Admits Masks Are Just “Comfort Blankets” That Do Virtually Nothing​

The opening post is a victory. Nobody disputed anything in the opening post. Nada. Zip.

Thank you for endorsing the opening post.
Tell yourself whatever you have to tell yourself. After all, that's why you are on an anonymous message bord shouting into the void instead of publishing any research or holding any position of any importance whatsoever regarding any of this.

Tell yourself whatever you have to tell yourself. After all, that's why you are on an anonymous message bord shouting into the void instead of publishing any research or holding any position of any importance whatsoever regarding any of this.
Glad to see that you do not dispute anything from the opening post. Thank you for endorsement.

Forum List

Back