Government Advisor Admits Masks Are Just “Comfort Blankets” That Do Virtually Nothing

Would you removes asbestos with no mask, let's see....
There is a NIOSH approved respirator cartridge for removing asbestos. If you are caught wearing a diy cloth mask or any mask that is not specified on the msds sheet, it is an OSHA violation.

Exhaled virus is in the forms of droplets, just like a stream of piss.

Afterwards it can be aerosolized into individual virus, but that's only if the stream can escape, which a simple piece of cloth stops.

No.....airborne virus from the Chinese lab in wuhan.

The droplet scare was just that, a scam to hide the fact that the masks used by 99.99% of the people did not stop the virus........

I suppose since you can feel and touch it, until it breaks away into atomic sized dust particles that enter the lungs, you know they can because they are silicate compound products.
Do not ever breathe or handle asbestos without using the correct PPE. There is a cartridge or mask specified for every known hazmat, so always wear what the msds sheet tells you to.

What does a surgeon wearing a niosh approved mask that is meant to reduce spread of bacteria (1000x larger than viruses) in a surgical setting have to do with cheap cloth and hokey diy masks in the grocery store? Better yet, why did you evade the part of the opening post that states that nobody on this board has ever been able explain how on earth the holes in masks filter out viruses and droplets that are thousands of times smaller?
Don't use cheap masks if you are where you think you need one. I have N-95s and also Tommy Coppers sealed in packs. Most of the time in Lowes or places like that, I am not wearing either and certainly none outside. Next time I get on an airplane, I will definitely be wearing good one, but doubt I would ever go as high level as an NBC protective level of masking. If I think I will need that level of protection, I will stay home or use personal transportation. I sure wish the little oriental old lady in the seat across from me on my last flight had been wearing one, instead of just holding up her little cotton handkerchief that visibly blew outward every time she coughed and sneezed (which she did) for the entire two-hour flight. Maybe I would not have caught it. Maybe I would have anyway. I will never know. But, that was late January 2020. Nobody was wearing masks on planes or in airports or was expected to. Now we know. Minimal effective precautions are better than no precautions at all. Suit yourself, dude.

The filtering effect is explained by both Bernoulli and Coriolis.

Take a science course.
Nobody on this board will ever explain how on earth holes in masks filter out viruses and droplets that are thousands of times smaller. They may say the answer is "somewhere," and they may even claim that it is already posted "somewhere, " but no lefty will ever actually explain it.

But water is many times smaller than the weave of your pants, but the simple piece of cloth stops the droplets.
Not if the droplet does not collide with the sides of a hole that has a diameter thousands of times larger.

Do you know what happens to the droplet nuclei after the droplet evaporates?

Nobody on this board has ever been able to explain how masks filter out coronavirus or droplets through holes that are thousands of times larger than the virus, which means nobody will be disputing the content of this article:​

Government Advisor Admits Masks Are Just “Comfort Blankets” That Do Virtually Nothing​

Bullshit lying thread title and headline. No government admitted anything. The doctor in the article has no relevant education or experience and did not advise the UK government on anything having to do with the pandemic. A useless, fringe opinion from a nonmedical doctor with zero relevant education or experience. Typical right wing garbage targeted to gullible, lazy people who arent likely to read the article anyway.

Last edited:
You would think these people know whether or not masks work.

They're rocket scientists.

View attachment 514539
You are confused Moon Bat.

They work in a sterile environment. Their protocols include extensive decontamination procedures.

We don't live in a sterile environment.

We cannot turn the entire US into a sterile clean room.

But here is an actual scientific study on masks and aerosols.

"Both surgical masks and unvented KN95 respirators, even without fit-testing, reduce the outward particle emission rates by 90% and 74% on average during speaking and coughing, respectively, compared to wearing no mask, corroborating their effectiveness at reducing outward emission."

Nobody on this board has ever been able to explain how masks filter out coronavirus or droplets through holes that are thousands of times larger than the virus, which means nobody will be disputing the content of this article:​

Government Advisor Admits Masks Are Just “Comfort Blankets” That Do Virtually Nothing​

Of all the stupid things Americans fell for, this is probably the worst. LOOK! The US Dept of Labor has it on YouTube for everyone to see. A training vid for health care workers on PPE. Pertinent part at the 7 min mark....

"Both surgical masks and unvented KN95 respirators, even without fit-testing, reduce the outward particle emission rates by 90% and 74% on average during speaking and coughing, respectively, compared to wearing no mask, corroborating their effectiveness at reducing outward emission."

The key there is OUTWARD emission but SO WHAT? Imagine cigarette smoke. The smoke, even if it doesn't go OUTward, definitely doesn't *disappear*. It just escapes out the sides, top and bottom.

Don't use cheap masks if you are where you think you need one. I have N-95s and also Tommy Coppers sealed in packs. Most of the time in Lowes or places like that, I am not wearing either and certainly none outside. Next time I get on an airplane, I will definitely be wearing good one, but doubt I would ever go as high level as an NBC protective level of masking. If I think I will need that level of protection, I will stay home or use personal transportation. I sure wish the little oriental old lady in the seat across from me on my last flight had been wearing one, instead of just holding up her little cotton handkerchief that visibly blew outward every time she coughed and sneezed (which she did) for the entire two-hour flight. Maybe I would not have caught it. Maybe I would have anyway. I will never know. But, that was late January 2020. Nobody was wearing masks on planes or in airports or was expected to. Now we know. Minimal effective precautions are better than no precautions at all. Suit yourself, dude.
What does a surgeon wearing a niosh approved mask that is meant to reduce spread of bacteria (1000x larger than viruses) in a surgical setting have to do with cheap cloth and hokey diy masks in the grocery store? Better yet, why did you evade the part of the opening post that states that nobody on this board has ever been able explain how on earth the holes in masks filter out viruses and droplets that are thousands of times smaller?

Oh yeah this was the study using a test dummy.

Really. A test dummy. That's the best they could do.

Bullshit lying thread title and headline. No government admitted anything. A useless, fringe opinion from a nonmedical doctor with zero relevant education or experience. Typical right wing garbage targeted to gullible, lazy people who arent likely to read the article anyway.
I stated in the opening post that nobody on this board has ever been able to explain how on earth the enormous holes in masks filter out viruses and droplets that are thousands of times smaller. I see you do not dispute my statement.

Has no Leftist ever seen Outbreak? Seen what Dustin Hoffman etc wear in the viral labs? They look like they're going to the MOON.

And these folks thing a surgical mask will do it. Sure.

Bullshit lying thread title and headline. No government admitted anything. The doctor in the article has no relevant education or experience and did not advise the UK government on anything having to do with the pandemic. A useless, fringe opinion from a nonmedical doctor with zero relevant education or experience. Typical right wing garbage targeted to gullible, lazy people who arent likely to read the article anyway.

Doctors are not experts on masks. Industrial hygienists--the people who work for OSHA, etc--are. I read them daily on Twitter. They are like to lose their minds over the nonsense of thinking cloth and surgical masks protect against an aerosolized virus. They fit people with personal respirators for BIGGER hazards.

Really.

You have posted some propaganda for us, but you did not answer the opening post. I stated in the opening post that nobody on this board has ever been able to explain how on earth the enormous holes in masks filter out viruses and droplets that are thousands of times smaller. I see you do not dispute my statement.

The key there is OUTWARD emission but SO WHAT?
That's the reason for wearing masks. You get coronavirus before you know it. So it slows community spread. You are an adult. You have NO excuse for not understanding this, at this point. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Forum List

Back