Governance through violence.

Pete7469

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 23, 2013
The Real World
As I have observed human behavior over the last 48 years of life that I can remember I've often been baffled by how some people react to things, think about things, believe things, and do things. Some people throw themselves on bombs to protect people they've never met. Some people throw bombs at people they've never met to get them to do things they're not doing. Some people idolize the person who protects, some zealously support the throwers.

The only thing about those two individuals I have listed is a single act.

Who supports the protector? Would you consider that individual's act "Good" or "Evil"? How do you view yourself in the context of GVE? Under what if any circumstance is it "Good" to use violent aggressive force against "your" people in order to preserve political power or to acquire it?

You can't be serious about this:
"Under what if any circumstance is it "Good" to use violent aggressive force against "your" people in order to preserve political power or to acquire it?"

You sound like Caligula.

• Banned
"Under what if any circumstance is it "Good" to use violent aggressive force against "your" people in order to preserve political power or to acquire it?"

You sound like Caligula.
Quite the opposite. I don't believe the government should EVER use violence against their own people to manipulate them. One particular group of "thinkers" does seem to believe it's just fine.

You sound like Caligula.

You need to learn how to read for comprehension.

In the context of history, governments generally use violence against their citizens if they are very unpopular with the population or are viewed as illegitimate. What government are you referring to in this posting?

Quite the opposite. I don't believe the government should EVER use violence against their own people to manipulate them. One particular group of "thinkers" does seem to believe it's just fine.
You assume we all know WTF you are referring to. Be specific. Like:
1. The FBI Gestapo censored the Hunter Biden laptop crimes to sway the 2020 election
2. The FBI Gestapo enabled the CIA lie that the laptop was "Russian Disinformation"
3. The FBI Gestapo infiltrated the militias and encouraged the J6 capitol riot
4. The FBI Gestapo did not investigate the laptop, but covered up the crimes and did nothing with witness Bobulinsky

List your examples

So enlighten me...

I just did. His is a question of philosophy. He isn't advocating. He is asking those who support government violence to explain why they do.

I just did. His is a question of philosophy. He isn't advocating. He is asking those who support government violence to explain why they do.
OK, thx. I might have switched out "violence" for "power".
The only examples of government "violence" I can think of was Ruby Ridge and Waco, but that had zero to do with maintaining political power.
Government violence would be very unpopular, but misuse of government power would generally be unnoticed with the propaganda press we have today.

The only examples of government "violence" I can think of was Ruby Ridge and Waco, but that had zero to do with maintaining political power.
Government violence would be very unpopular, but misuse of government power would generally be unnoticed with the propaganda press we have today.

He is asking why those who support government violence to support itself in power, do so.

In the context of history, governments generally use violence against their citizens if they are very unpopular with the population or are viewed as illegitimate. What government are you referring to in this posting?
In general. Any government, Kekistan.

You assume we all know WTF you are referring to. Be specific. Like:
1. The FBI Gestapo censored the Hunter Biden laptop crimes to sway the 2020 election
2. The FBI Gestapo enabled the CIA lie that the laptop was "Russian Disinformation"
3. The FBI Gestapo infiltrated the militias and encouraged the J6 capitol riot
4. The FBI Gestapo did not investigate the laptop, but covered up the crimes and did nothing with witness Bobulinsky

List your examples
I'm not trying to justify any of that, I want those who aren't bothered by these events to explain how they can be obtuse to it. Why is this so difficult for you?

thankyou.gif

I'm not trying to justify any of that, I want those who aren't bothered by these events to explain how they can be obtuse to it. Why is this so difficult for you?
Theoretical bullshit means nothing. Real problems need attention. I try not to waste my posting time.

All governance is based on violence though.

Get a seatbelt ticket.

Don't pay it.

Resist arrest.

Collect data on results.

Get back to me with your findings.

Forum List

Back