Gotta say.... this is a heckuva an idea...

Nice commercial for Bolo-Wrap. I would only use it if another officer was there for backup. They showed it used involving knives and what looked like a gun in a sock. In lethal situations, somebody needs to be read to shoot real bullets. How many really think it is the cops fault if they ask the subject to drop whatever weapon, but they don't?

Nice commercial for Bolo-Wrap. I would only use it if another officer was there for backup. They showed it used involving knives and what looked like a gun in a sock. In lethal situations, somebody needs to be read to shoot real bullets. How many really think it is the cops fault if they ask the subject to drop whatever weapon, but they don't?
It is no substitute for a lethal weapon, and I don't think anyone intends it to be.
We have all seen the vids of people hyped up on crack getting hit with a taser and it only marginally effects them.
Recently there has been a number of discussions on the problems of tasing including adrenaline based accidents and the officer mistakenly shoots them with his/her sidearm.
It doesn't matter how strong a person is, you can't power your way through 4 wraps of chord... it will take you down. And it is harmless.

It is no substitute for a lethal weapon, and I don't think anyone intends it to be.
We have all seen the vids of people hyped up on crack getting hit with a taser and it only marginally effects them.
Recently there has been a number of discussions on the problems of tasing including adrenaline based accidents and the officer mistakenly shoots them with his/her sidearm.
It doesn't matter how strong a person is, you can't power your way through 4 wraps of chord... it will take you down. And it is harmless.
I hear you. I did like the fact it is not even shaped like a gun, more like a cylinder and was used with two hand, helping to avoid moronic people that don't know their left from their right. On that positive, there is no reason a taser has to be shaped like a gun either. More power to Bolo people, and hope they make a pile of money if it is all it is marketed to be.

Love it; order a thousand. Twenty per state, average. To start.

The danger with less-lethal weaponry is that officers will use them instead of using nothing, as opposed to using them instead of using lethal. This doesn't have that problem; the worst injuries someone can suffer from them will definitely be less harmful than being Goldberg-speared by Officer Magilla, which would be the kindest alternative.

It's quick, effective, non-damaging, immediate, and presumably easy to train with and not expensive for departments to buy. Looks like a win.

Forum List

Back