GOP Senator: It’s ‘Premature’ To Talk About Impeaching Clinton

Impeachment if Hillary wins is a near certainty. That would be true of any president-elect under FBI investigation and with the stain of such a plethora of scandals. The only question is which of them will be used.

Indeed, a Hillary presidency would be a Pyrrhic victory for the Democrats in any foreseeable scenario.

If the House remains republican, I expect all kinds of childish stunts. Impeachment might be one of those stunts. It won't go any further than it did for Bill, and the house will be even more disliked, just like when they tried that with Bill.

581b5d501600002f002c8342.jpeg

Let’s focus on making it to Nov. 8.

WASHINGTON ― Senate Majority Whip John Cornyn (R-Texas) earlier this week called recent talk of impeaching Hillary Clinton if she is elected “premature.”

The election is five days away, but a number of Republicans have already begun floating the idea of impeaching the Democrat if she wins the White House. Republican nominee Donald Trump has amped up talk on the trail that a Clinton presidency would lead to a “constitutional crisis” based on the presumption that the FBI’s acquisition of new emails will lead to an indictment.

Cornyn, the No. 2 Republican in the Senate, downplayed some of that talk in a Tuesday interview with “The Wells Report” on 660 AM The Answer.

“Well, I think that’s premature myself, to be talking about that because of course she hasn’t been elected or sworn into office,” Cornyn said. “And unless there is some additional evidence that the FBI director and the [Justice Department] would take to a grand jury, then she is not likely to be convicted of a crime.”

GOP Senator: It’s ‘Premature’ To Talk About Impeaching Clinton

Premature? Why yes, I would say it is. Why do Republicans love to play the impeachment card - when they don't control the White House? They act like they are somehow ordained to rule.

Deflection masters at work again.

Hopefully the FBI will focus on getting he jailed as soon as possible.

What are they going to charge her with ? Humiliating conservatives ? Being a girl?

Treason, imporper care of classified information, bribery, illegal foreign campaign contributions, I can go all night

Forum List

Back