GOP Rep. Mike Garcia Secretly Sold Boeing Stock Ahead of Damning Report

Dont Taz Me Bro

Diamond Member
Staff member
Senior USMB Moderator
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 17, 2009
Las Vegas, Nevada
Should members of Congress be allowed to personally own and trade stock? How do they not have an inside advantage that the rest of us do not? We keep seeing examples like this pop up, but what's the solution? I feel like a flat out ban on members of Congress and their families trading stock wouldn't that be that useful as they will find loopholes, like a trust that someone else manages, and what's to stop them from passing on information to the trustee in secret?

I feel like a flat out ban on members of Congress and their families trading stock wouldn't that be that useful as they will find loopholes, like a trust that someone else manages, and what's to stop them from passing on information to the trustee in secret?
I do agree, but them not having stock is still a good start.
They do this shit right in front of our faces now.

Should members of Congress be allowed to personally own and trade stock? How do they not have an inside advantage that the rest of us do not? We keep seeing examples like this pop up, but what's the solution? I feel like a flat out ban on members of Congress and their families trading stock wouldn't that be that useful as they will find loopholes, like a trust that someone else manages, and what's to stop them from passing on information to the trustee in secret?

Members of both parties do this, and there is no real way to stop it. Maybe a monthly Congressional stock activities report made public?

Well the answer should be that the playing field be leveled. If they can insider trade, then so should everybody else.

Forum List

Back