GOP Rep Madison Cawthorn Calls Women 'Earthen Vessels' in Bonkers Anti-Abortion Rant on House Floor

You're confused. Democrats defended slavery and segregation. That was a Democrat governor blocking the entrance to the University of Alabama, denying Black kids.
You people are complete idiots. I guess you dont realize the republicans inherited all those racists from the dems in the 60's. Own it.

But besides that, at least you admitted people used the bible to defend slavery and segregation, so I guess we should be thankful for that.

This is a major somethingburger. There is no genocide as we have no idea when a fetus is considered a baby. They cannot meet death when there is no life.

What Cawthorn wants to impose is Christian theology through the use of the state. I hear Trump supporters claiming how bad Sharia law is. Those same people think it is okay to use the power of the state to enforce Christian theology. You clowns want to turn this into a Christian version of Iran. Women are not second class citizens despite the fact that Cawthorne apparently thinmks they are. Democrats should hit Republicans hard on this.

The focus of the topic apparently went over your head. I'm pro-choice. I'm not agreeing with Cawthorn's opinion. I'm addressing the faux rage over his use of "earthen vessels."

You people are complete idiots. I guess you dont realize the republicans inherited all those racists from the dems in the 60's. Own it.
Actually, they didn't. The south remained heavily Democratic well into the 2000s. In fact, it wasn't until the 2010 midterms that the last of the state legislatures in the south flipped from a Democratic to Republican majority. After the Civil Rights Act, those states began voting Republican for president only, but not in every presidential election, and they remained firmly in Democratic hands down ballot.

Wow.

She sounds as nutty as a commie who claims someone with a cock and balls can become pregnant and gestate a baby.

Actually, they didn't. The south remained heavily Democratic well into the 2000s. In fact, it wasn't until the 2010 midterms that the last of the state legislatures in the south flipped from a Democratic to Republican majority. After the Civil Rights Act, those states began voting Republican for president only, but not in every presidential election, and they remained firmly in Democratic hands down ballot.
Well yes, but after the civil rights act southern dem parties became coalitions of blacks and non gop tax and spending cutters. We DID have better roads and bridges, and college tuition was not as high

But besides that, at least you admitted people used the bible to defend slavery and segregation, so I guess we should be thankful for that.
You're repeating the old tired worn out debunked myth for the thousandth time. Who was the Governor of Alabama that blocked Black kids at the entrance to the University? When did he run for President?

You're repeating the old tired worn out debunked myth for the thousandth time. Who was the Governor of Alabama that blocked Black kids at the entrance to the University? When did he run for President?
What year was that? 50 something odd years ago. The Republican party of TODAY has the David Dukes of the world included in their supporters.

What year was that? 50 something odd years ago. The Republican party of TODAY has the David Dukes of the world included in their supporters.
You said 1960s was the switch. You better check your propaganda script.

You said 1960s was the switch. You better check your propaganda script.
So you're denying that TODAY's republican party includes right wing fascists and racists. Interesting.

Why do you people keep talking about things that happened 50 or 150 years ago? I'll tell you why. It's to deflect from what's going on today.

We don't agree that Christianity and morality align. The inquisitions were designed to torture people into becoming Christians. The crusades were a attempt to force Christianity on others. Many Christian missionaries went to Africa and forced people to convert to Christianity. There was nothing moral about priests' sexual abuse of children and the church's cover-up.

Being anti-abortion does not make you moral. Support for a child should extend outside of the womb. Yet many supposedly moral anti-abortion people oppose Biden's attempt to increase the child tax credit, the childcare tax credit, and education.

School choice is a political issue not a moral issue.

There is nothing moral or immoral about transgender people.

You have no clue what religious freedom is. It is not a excuse to discriminate. Jesus said to give to Caesar what is Caesar's and to God what is God.

The taliban are trying to defeat ISIS. That does not make them moral.

Veteran's accountability act is another political issue not a moral issue. It was passed on a bipartisan vote.

This is not a theocracy.
Congratulations. Spoken like a true know-nothing with a rank line of red herrings, double entendre intended, and false equivocations.

All political issues are invariably moral issues vis-à-vis natural law.

The suppression of school choice is evil. Abortion on demand is evil. That's just for starters.

• Thanks
Reactions: DBA
The women are the earthen vessels the unborn are in, the unborn are not the earthen vessels.
No, read the wording again.

That was not how it was stated.

It is mostly irrelevant anyway, there is noting outrageous or crazy about the statements no matter how you take them. It was just some virtue signaling to the religious evangelists by stating it in a biblical way.

What kind of website is that link from?

"Cawthorn delivered a House floor speech encapsulating what he sees as the purpose of women and anyone else with a uterus."

Who else has a uterus other than women?
Far left. Was that not really obvious? Clearly they are referring to 'trans-gender men.'

Funny that they continue to demand that gender is separate from sex but cannot simply use the sex specific term female. It gives the lie to the agenda.

The focus of the topic apparently went over your head. I'm pro-choice. I'm not agreeing with Cawthorn's opinion. I'm addressing the faux rage over his use of "earthen vessels."

What he said was outrageous and ridiculous. He sounds like a mullah in Iran more than a US congressman. You are the one that is in over their head.

Forum List

Back