GOP lining up against jobs plan

I have never called anyone an outright liar on this board, but for you FireFly, I will make an exception. You are a fraud and a liar. Have you ever thought of seeking political office for the GOP? You have excellent credentials.

hellopotmeetkettle.jpg

You can rename the plan, you can put a different color binder on the plan and you can have someone write a new speech, it is still stimulus and it will still fail. He doesn't have a plan, he is Obama just trust him. Well I did give him a chance my IRA is down 20% and retirement doesn't look that good.

Go green recycle Obama in 2012

Last edited:
(Congress asks CBO for numbers, gets "Smoke and Mirrors" instead, which will eventually end up as being the story of the entire Obama presidency.)

"Posted on September 13, 2011 by John Hinderaker in Federal Budget

“We Need Numbers”

It was typical of President Obama to demand that Congress “pass this bill”–Stimulus II–when there was, in fact, no bill to pass. Remarkably, the administration has yet to explain in coherent fashion what the budget impact of its latest waste-fest will be. This morning ranking Budget Committee member Jeff Sessions wrote to the Director of the Office of Management and Budget, complaining that OMB has yet to analyze the fiscal impact of Stimulus II. The letter is worth quoting in its entirety, for the light it sheds on the wanton irresponsibility of the Obama administration:

Dear Director Lew:

Last week, the president delivered an address to a Joint Session of Congress announcing a second economic stimulus package. News reports have stated the total cost of the proposal nears $450 billion. The president assured us that every penny of it would be paid for.

Following the president’s address, White House Press Secretary Jay Carney declared that “the president will submit a bill early next week, the American Jobs Act, which will specify how he proposes paying for the American Jobs Act.” Meanwhile, the president urged on Monday: “No delays. I’m sending this bill to Congress today, and they ought to pass it immediately.”

When we received a copy of the legislation yesterday, we were expecting the Office of Management and Budget–which enjoys a five hundred person staff–to provide a precise and detailed estimate of the fiscal impact of the president’s proposal. But no such information was provided.

This is not satisfactory......................"

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2011/09/we-need-numbers.php

(Congress asks CBO for numbers, gets "Smoke and Mirrors" instead, which will eventually end up as being the story of the entire Obama presidency.)

"Posted on September 13, 2011 by John Hinderaker in Federal Budget

“We Need Numbers”

It was typical of President Obama to demand that Congress “pass this bill”–Stimulus II–when there was, in fact, no bill to pass. Remarkably, the administration has yet to explain in coherent fashion what the budget impact of its latest waste-fest will be. This morning ranking Budget Committee member Jeff Sessions wrote to the Director of the Office of Management and Budget, complaining that OMB has yet to analyze the fiscal impact of Stimulus II. The letter is worth quoting in its entirety, for the light it sheds on the wanton irresponsibility of the Obama administration:

Dear Director Lew:

Last week, the president delivered an address to a Joint Session of Congress announcing a second economic stimulus package. News reports have stated the total cost of the proposal nears $450 billion. The president assured us that every penny of it would be paid for.

Following the president’s address, White House Press Secretary Jay Carney declared that “the president will submit a bill early next week, the American Jobs Act, which will specify how he proposes paying for the American Jobs Act.” Meanwhile, the president urged on Monday: “No delays. I’m sending this bill to Congress today, and they ought to pass it immediately.”

When we received a copy of the legislation yesterday, we were expecting the Office of Management and Budget–which enjoys a five hundred person staff–to provide a precise and detailed estimate of the fiscal impact of the president’s proposal. But no such information was provided.

This is not satisfactory......................"

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2011/09/we-need-numbers.php

Well, since this "jobs bill" is nothing more than a reelection ploy by Barack Obama so he can blame Republicans for a lack of jobs, the White House obviously didn't bother to send the bill over to the CBO. I mean why would you waste their time on a bill whose only purpose was to be something a fiscal conservative wouldn't vote for?

Well, since this "jobs bill" is nothing more than a reelection ploy by Barack Obama so he can blame Republicans for a lack of jobs, the White House obviously didn't bother to send the bill over to the CBO. I mean why would you waste their time on a bill whose only purpose was to be something a fiscal conservative wouldn't vote for?
They haven't even sent a copy -if one even exists- to congress, in order to be registered and put on the calender.

(Note: I haven't read most of this thread yet)

I'm pretty conflicted on the revenue increase proposals (tax increases/tax expenditure decreases). I guess it depends on how they're done. Increasing taxes while we're in a depressed economy is a bad idea, in my opinion. Some of this should be done eventually, but I would like to see it as a part of a broader tax reform. And most importantly, the whole point of this bill is to be something that Republicans can't vote against without being hypocritical. The President knows tax increases are a non-starter. Still, if I view this merely as the opening offer that gets changed later through negotiation, it doesn't upset me.

On a related note, I have no problem with seeing this bill get passed piecemeal, but I know it'll be less effective the more it's watered down. Also, it's a compromise bill already, so I know anything else than this is just moving further way from the "liberal prescription" for the economy.

We have to pass the bill before we can write it.
Obama Pleads for Congress to Approve Jobs Bill - NYTimes.com

Mr. Obama, speaking in the Rose Garden, held up a copy of the American Jobs Act, which will be sent to Congress Monday evening.

:lol: edthecynic don't know the difference between a theatrical prop & a real jobs bill. :lol: As of your post Congress still never saw a "Jobs Bill" & it was not available online 4 days after Obama made his entire congressional address saying the phrase "pass this bill" 14 times.
CON$ are pathological liars!

http://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/default/files/omb/legislative/reports/american-jobs-act.pdf

Political showdown shaping up over Obama's 'American Jobs Act' - CNN.com

Of course they are! The worse thing in the world for the GOP would be for the economy to improve before November 2012. They are very happy with high unemployment.

It hasn't even been filed as a bill yet by one Dem... and I believe it likely never will as they know it contains massive tax increases which no sane Dem is going to vote for heading into an election season.

It's all bullshit. There's technically nothing to line up against.

:lol:

Anyone can clearly see that when Democrats took control of congress in 2007 they destroyed the jobs in this country.

fredgraph.png

Anyone can clearly see that when Democrats took control of congress in 2007 they destroyed the jobs in this country.

fredgraph.png
So please tell me what law was passed over the record number of GOP filibusters and Bush's veto pen that caused the loss of jobs. Bush's "job creating" tax cuts were not repealed which promised growing jobs for perpetuity.

Lacking any such law, which you do, then the only logical reason for the loss of jobs in the Bush Depression is the inertia of GOP mismanagement when they controlled the House, Senate and White House.

Of course they are! The worse thing in the world for the GOP would be for the economy to improve before November 2012. They are very happy with high unemployment.

We'll see, the president has taken his case to the people. He just can't sit back and expect the GOP to cooperate, they never will.

When written in Chinese the word "crisis" is composed of two characters - one represents danger and the other represents opportunity. ~John F. Kennedy

It is up to the GOP to pass a good jobs bill now, it is up to the president to persuade them.

where is this plan, what does the CBO say about it?

There is no plan.

And once the unions and congressional Democrats finally put it on paper & present it...it will be three thousand pages...none of them will have read it...and we'll have to pass it licketty split so we can find out what's in it.

The "plan" is 155 pages long.

You can find it via Huff Post. I think I linked to it in aother post about this subject.

Corporate UnAmerica will not hire until after 2012 Elections for political reasons. Corporate UnAmerica are holding back hiring to help their puppets in the Republican Party win in 2012. Corporate UnAmerica needs a good old fashion Middle Class Butt Whooping:clap2:

Forum List

Back