GOP leaders to skip Selma event

I suspect Republicans are much less offended by the latest fraternity racism at OU. Remember Selma!

"There will never be a ni**** in SAE.
There will never be a ni**** in SAE.
You can hang him from a tree, but he can never sign with me.
There will never be a ni**** in SAE."

Oklahoma Frat Boys Caught Singing 'There Will Never Be A Ni**** In SAE'

I guess the message of Selma did not get through

I agree! One has to wonder about the mindset of such college students. I also wonder if they are young Republicans.

I suspect Republicans are much less offended by the latest fraternity racism at OU. Remember Selma!

"There will never be a ni**** in SAE.
There will never be a ni**** in SAE.
You can hang him from a tree, but he can never sign with me.
There will never be a ni**** in SAE."

Oklahoma Frat Boys Caught Singing 'There Will Never Be A Ni**** In SAE'

I guess the message of Selma did not get through

I agree! One has to wonder about the mindset of such college students. I also wonder if they are young Republicans.

I also agree.
What the heck are they teaching these college kids?
Racism for this college group and anti Nationalism in Irvine Calif.in their college group.

How ludicrous is this post?? Tim Scott (R) was a co-host of the event. Kevin McCarthy, House majority leader was there. Laura and George Bush were there, even though the White House and the New York Times cropped them from the photo. Many others were there as well.

I think the New York Times and some Dems realize that their minions will believe what they are told and that they won't check other news sources.

Obama always claims that he learns about scandals on the news like everyone else. I think he should switch channels and maybe he would be better informed.

Dubya was there; when did he convert to a liberal?
Conservatives constantly claim that Bush is not a conservative.

Is that because he was a failure?
He wasn't a fiscal conservative by any stretch. The fail is all yours.
Then why did conservatives nominate him?
I didn't know all Republicans were conservatives. The fail is still all yours.
Did I say that they were? No.

You can continue holding onto that FAIL.
You asked why the conservatives elected Bush. The FAIL is all yours.

False. I asked why they nominated him.

I'm told all the time, on this and other forums, that this country is more Conservative than Liberal. If that's the case, and there are so many of them, then they would have had to have voted for Bush in order for him to get the nomination.

If there really are that many Conservatives in America, they would have outnumbered moderates/RINOs and nominated a "true" conservative.

Now tell me what's wrong with that logic.

Well other than not being the party that fought tooth and nail against the struggle for equality,you might have something,but you don't.just more drumming up usless BS.
Republican where there when it happened when it was needed,now the Dems rush to try and take credit for other accomplishments,typical.

Go back and read the history books and quit trying to make it seem like Republicans of today were the Republicans of pre-civil rights era. It was Democrats (Johnson) who signed the civil rights act, and yeah, it is historically true that the racist Thurmond, Helms, Byrd were all part of the Democratic party and they were against civil rights, but you need to go further, Thurmond and Helms abandoned the Democratic party and joined the Republican party. The red states of the South who used to be Democratic, became Republican and happen to be the most racist, so how do you square that in your mind that it is the Democrats that are racist?

Well other than not being the party that fought tooth and nail against the struggle for equality,you might have something,but you don't.just more drumming up usless BS.
Republican where there when it happened when it was needed,now the Dems rush to try and take credit for other accomplishments,typical.

Go back and read the history books and quit trying to make it seem like Republicans of today were the Republicans of pre-civil rights era. It was Democrats (Johnson) who signed the civil rights act, and yeah, it is historically true that the racist Thurmond, Helms, Byrd were all part of the Democratic party and they were against civil rights, but you need to go further, Thurmond and Helms abandoned the Democratic party and joined the Republican party. The red states of the South who used to be Democratic, became Republican and happen to be the most racist, so how do you square that in your mind that it is the Democrats that are racist?

I'm pretty sure you got that off KOS or some other left site, all the leftists keep squawking it but never prove it. When did all these politicians switch sides exactly?

Bwahahaha.....are you trying to imply that Democrats elected Bush.....that is too funny. Accept your utter failure for what it was......conservatives voted Bush in twice, and he almost destroyed the country....he's your failure.

Bwahahaha.....are you trying to imply that Democrats elected Bush.....that is too funny. Accept your utter failure for what it was......conservatives voted Bush in twice, and he almost destroyed the country....he's your failure.
No, Brainchild. First, Bush didn't almost destroy the country, you have a toggle switch for a mind and can't process all the shit that went down, with a lot of help from Democrats.

Second, I didn't say or imply Democrats elected him. You can't process the fact that not all Republicans are conservative. Oh, and obama is your failure.

I'm pretty sure you got that off KOS or some other left site, all the leftists keep squawking it but never prove it. When did all these politicians switch sides exactly?

It's in the history books......the ones you probably never read if you ever went to school. It has happened more than once, but of course, your comment is indicative that you are not even aware of the most common of knowledge.

Wiki:
The 20th century[edit]

The shifts in American voter demographics beginning in the second half of the 20th century – the southern states from Democratic to Republican, and New England and the West Coast states from Republican to Democratic – have prompted several incumbent federal legislators and many state legislators to switch parties. In addition, as changes in state laws made it harder and harder for members of third parties to be elected or re-elected, many former members of these parties became members of the two dominant parties.

Wiki:
A magnet for controversy during his nearly half-century Senate career, Thurmond switched parties because of his opposition to the 1964 Civil Rights Act, disaffection with the liberalism of the national party, and his support for the conservatism and opposition to the Civil Rights bill of the Republican presidential candidate Senator Barry Goldwater.

Jesse Helms was the most evil Senator of this time. He changed from Democrat to Republican. He liked to kill people. He murdered people. He was racist, homophobic and basically homocidal.
Talk Jesse Helms - Conservapedia

No, Brainchild. First, Bush didn't almost destroy the country, you have a toggle switch for a mind and can't process all the shit that went down, with a lot of help from Democrats.

Second, I didn't say or imply Democrats elected him. You can't process the fact that not all Republicans are conservative. Oh, and obama is your failure.
Why would you reply to Mertex' post before mine? Are you just planning on ignoring my post, hoping it goes away?

It's in the history books......the ones you probably never read if you ever went to school. It has happened more than once, but of course, your comment is indicative that you are not even aware of the most common of knowledge.

Wiki:
The 20th century[edit]

The shifts in American voter demographics beginning in the second half of the 20th century – the southern states from Democratic to Republican, and New England and the West Coast states from Republican to Democratic – have prompted several incumbent federal legislators and many state legislators to switch parties. In addition, as changes in state laws made it harder and harder for members of third parties to be elected or re-elected, many former members of these parties became members of the two dominant parties.

Wiki:
A magnet for controversy during his nearly half-century Senate career, Thurmond switched parties because of his opposition to the 1964 Civil Rights Act, disaffection with the liberalism of the national party, and his support for the conservatism and opposition to the Civil Rights bill of the Republican presidential candidate Senator Barry Goldwater.

Jesse Helms was the most evil Senator of this time. He changed from Democrat to Republican. He liked to kill people. He murdered people. He was racist, homophobic and basically homocidal.

So why did 100 dems vote against the Civil Rights Act? Why did it take a republican to push it through? Was Dole a repub or dem? Where was his vote? Have you even studied the passage of the Act? Last but not least, Wiki is not a history book

Yes, LacoBrains, Bush did almost destroy the country. He was president and made decisions that were not good for the country. You can back peddle all you want, he's held responsible.

Second, I didn't say or imply Democrats elected him. You can't process the fact that not all Republicans are conservative.
Yeah, I can process that, what I can't process is that you are saying that only the non-conservative Republicans were the ones voting for Bush. I'm sure you have links to back up your myth.

Oh, and obama is your failure.
Wrong, again. He's the Republican's "lalaland" failure, because according to most stats, the country is doing far greater than it was during the Bush fiasco.

Wiki:
The 20th century[edit]

Wiki:

So why did 100 dems vote against the Civil Rights Act? Why did it take a republican to push it through? Was Dole a repub or dem? Where was his vote? Have you even studied the passage of the Act? Last but not least, Wiki is not a history book

Duh! Do I have to draw you a picture? I have stated and it is a known fact that the Democrats were the ones that were racist back before the civil rights, that is why Strom Thurmond and Jesse Helms who were Democrats jumped ship.....they didn't like the idea of the Democrats pushing integration, that is when the shift started to occur. I can give you some historical facts, I can't make them penetrate your brain.

You're asking a lot of questions....don't you have Google? Asking questions is not debating - it's hedging.

And last but not least......where are your links to back up your idea that Republicans are the ones that back civil rights? Eisenhower passed a lame civil rights act that didn't do much. The Civil Rights Act of 1964 was the one that made the racists come undone and it was passed by Johnnson, a Democrat.....and some Democrats immediately bailed and went to the Republican party.

The result was the Civil Rights Act of 1957, the first civil rights legislation since Reconstruction. The new act established the Civil Rights Section of the Justice Department and empowered federal prosecutors to obtain court injunctions against interference with the right to vote. It also established a federal Civil Rights Commission with authority to investigate discriminatory conditions and recommend corrective measures. The final act was weakened by Congress due to lack of support among the Democrats.
Eisenhower Presidential Library

Yes, LacoBrains, Bush did almost destroy the country. He was president and made decisions that were not good for the country. You can back peddle all you want, he's held responsible.

Second, I didn't say or imply Democrats elected him. You can't process the fact that not all Republicans are conservative.
Yeah, I can process that, what I can't process is that you are saying that only the non-conservative Republicans were the ones voting for Bush. I'm sure you have links to back up your myth.

Oh, and obama is your failure.
Wrong, again. He's the Republican's "lalaland" failure, because according to most stats, the country is doing far greater than it was during the Bush fiasco.
Bush spent too much but the libs loved it and kept pulling shit out of their asses to up the ante. Plus Bush didn't create the housing mess, Katrina, 9/11, the global recession, bank problems, auto maker problems, etc.

I didn't say only non-conservatives voted him in, I challenge the assertion that conservatives put him in office. We weren't 18+ trillion in debt under Bush so your stats are a wee bit suspect.
Also unemployment is sky high. Get off your obie knee pads and look into it.

37.2 Percentage Not in Labor Force Remains at 36-Year High CNS News
(CNSNews.com) - The percentage of American civilians 16 or older who do not have a job and are not actively seeking one remained at a 36-year high in May, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.[/QUOTE][/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

Last edited:

Forum List

Back