GOP Evangelicals

I suspected that when a group of delegates were asked if they believed in evolution and 70% of them said they didn't. Anybody in this modern time who says they do not believe in evolution is either ignorant or brainwashed. Evolution is no longer a theory...it's a science.
Evolution is not a science, it has yet to be proven. God created the world, if you believe otherwise YOU have been brainwashed and are ignorant.

LOL! You're wrong...very wrong.

Virgin birth, healing leprosy by touching, walkiing on water, killing witches, handling snakes, turning water into fine wine by touching it, resurrection...I guess evolution is a theory when compared to the likes of that. It amazes me what infant and childhood brainwashing can bring about.

The yammerings and dreams of ignorant folks during the stone and bronze age is what you're hanging your hat on. How ignorant.
I am not wrong! I just happen to believe the truth. I believe in intelligent design over the idea life just happened. I happen to be a Christian based on the truths of the Bible, that I have read and have four of five of them plus an online resource. I wasn't brainwashed, I researched it myself and have come to an informed conclusion that any belief other than what the Bible teaches is false. You are the ignorant one.

Last edited:
Evolution is not a science, it has yet to be proven. God created the world, if you believe otherwise YOU have been brainwashed and are ignorant.

LOL! You're wrong...very wrong.

Virgin birth, healing leprosy by touching, walkiing on water, killing witches, handling snakes, turning water into fine wine by touching it, resurrection...I guess evolution is a theory when compared to the likes of that. It amazes me what infant and childhood brainwashing can bring about.

The yammerings and dreams of ignorant folks during the stone and bronze age is what you're hanging your hat on. How ignorant.
I am not wrong! I just happen to believe the truth. I believe in intelligent design over the idea life just happened. I happen to be a Christian based on the truths of the Bible, that I have read and have four of five of them plus an online resource. I wasn't brainwashed, I researched it myself and have come to an informed conclusion that any belief other than what the Bible teaches is false. You are the ignorant one.

LMAO!!!

I've seen a bunch of them but you are one of the most brainwashed I've ever seen. When did you first learn of the Lord Hey Zeus?

I'm bettin'

Jesus Loves Me This I Know
For The Bible Tells Me So
Little Ones To Him Belong
They Are Weak But He Is Storng

AND

Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep
I Pray The Lord My Soul To Keep
If I Should Die Before I Wake
I Pray The Lord My Soul To Take

SOUL!!! LMAO!!!!!!!

I am not wrong! I just happen to believe the truth. I believe in intelligent design over the idea life just happened.

So it isn't true that you don't believe in evolution. You actually have no opinion on evolution, because you have no idea what it is. (Hint: the statement, "life just happened," has nothing to do with it.)

Here, let me give you a capsule run-down; this will not substitute for genuine scientific study but it may give you a basic idea.

1) Evolution is a hypothesis to explain the known facts about the species of animal and plant that have existed in the history of the planet. The fossil record tells us that most of the species that have ever lived are now extinct, and that the nature of life has changed dramatically over the millions of years it has existed here. Evolution -- the idea that the descendants of living organisms have changed over the generations, becoming new species -- is the best explanation for this observed fact. There is about as much evidence in favor of it as there is in favor of the theory of gravity.

2) The "theory of evolution" is not the idea that evolution occurs, but rather an involved model of HOW it occurs. Darwin's original theory of evolution involved just one process, natural selection. Current evolution theory incorporates mutation and genetic drift as well, and the sharing of genes through plasmids.

3) The emergence of life from non-life is called "abiogenesis," and is completely separate from evolution. Evolution has nothing to do with it; life must already exist before evolution can take place.

Absorb this information and you will have an idea of what evolution actually is, and can perhaps then have an opinion on it. Good luck.

no they aren't.

Sure they are. Cain is a minister. Perry leads prayer rallies in his state and Bachmann is a religious activist.

Check out Tim Pawlenty, and then you have Mormon Romney.

America’s right wingers start with the demand that no one except a member of their chosen religion, Christianity, be allowed to become President of the United States. Of course, it’s not enough for them that a presidential candidate is a Christian. The candidate has to have had two Christian parents, too. Also, the candidate’s name has to sound like a Christian name. Otherwise, the candidate cannot be allowed to become President, they say. The candidate is also disqualified, according to their standards, if he or she has attended school with a large number of non-Christians.

Last edited:
no they aren't.

Sure they are. Cain is a minister. Perry leads prayer rallies in his state and Bachmann is a religious activist.

America’s right wingers start with the demand that no one except a member of their chosen religion, Christianity, be allowed to become President of the United States. Of course, it’s not enough for them that a presidential candidate is a Christian. The candidate has to have had two Christian parents, too. Also, the candidate’s name has to sound like a Christian name. Otherwise, the candidate cannot be allowed to become President, they say. The candidate is also disqualified, according to their standards, if he or she has attended school with a large number of non-Christians.

You don't honestly believe all that do you?? I'm thinking you were just being sarcastic? Lol! I'd love to have a Christian as president, but it's not all i go by to decide who i want...and if the person isn't Christian at all, if they have good morals and i believe they would do for our country, i would vote for that person.

no they aren't.

You don't honestly believe all that do you?? I'm thinking you were just being sarcastic? Lol! I'd love to have a Christian as president, but it's not all i go by to decide who i want...and if the person isn't Christian at all, if they have good morals and i believe they would do for our country, i would vote for that person.

No non-christian may be elected in the US. Christians are that powerful. No atheist, Jew, Buddhist, Hindu, Sikh or Muslim has been elected POTUS. Christians are that powerful at this time in America. Utah is basically a Mormon theocracy. No non-Mormon will ever be elected to public office.

The US is swinging decidedly in the direction of Christian theocracy.

Religion, especially Christianity, has handcuffed American politics; politicians must pander to the religious base more than anyone, as turning your back on religious voters is the equivalent of political suicide. In order to be elected to any sort of elected office one must have some sort of connection to a religious sect and had better hope it is the right one.

The fact of the matter is, is that religion is a focal point in the voting process when it really shouldn’t be. Americans should not cast their votes based on the religious beliefs of a politician; that is how we got stuck with the last President Bush.

Today, there are a number of Jews in high elective office. But not a single one is a serious presidential candidate, nor has one ever been.

Last edited:
Has anyone noticed that most of the POTUS candidates on the GOP side are Conservative Christians?

What do you make of that?

Some concern about the rule of law being enforced properly under a fundamentalist executive. To get the nomination all GOP candidates need the CC's vote; once nominated the candidate will move to the middle and adopt a compassionate rhetoric. What they do if elected is the great concern.

We've already moved toward an obigarchy of the rich, I have a good deal of concern we might further devolve into a theocratic plutocracy under a Bachmann, Perry or Santorum administration.

Has anyone noticed that most of the POTUS candidates on the GOP side are Conservative Christians?

Some concern about the rule of law being enforced properly under a fundamentalist executive. To get the nomination all GOP candidates need the CC's vote; once nominated the candidate will move to the middle and adopt a compassionate rhetoric. What they do if elected is the great concern.

We've already moved toward an obigarchy of the rich, I have a good deal of concern we might further devolve into a theocratic plutocracy under a Bachmann, Perry or Santorum administration.

Our country is in serious trouble if we get another CC as President. Bachmann, Perry or Santorum would be a disaster.

Cain, possibly too.

Our country is in serious trouble if we get another CC as President. Bachmann, Perry or Santorum would be a disaster.

Cain, possibly too.

I wasn't aware Cain was a minister unil I read through the thread. I like to respond to the author of the thread first and then read other's posts.

I'd prefer a president with a degree in a hard science, which makes Cain interesting. However, he strikes me as too rigid and too tightly wrapped to set foreign policy and too arrogant to get anything done unless it's done his way. My way or the highway leadership doesn't work for long, if that is his style he's not qualified for the job.

I suspect had Obama not been elected President, Cain would be polling no better than Alan Keyes. Of course I have no evidence to support that conclusion, it does however seems correct as there has been little room in the GOP's big tent for those kind of people.

BTW, on Racheal Maddow it was stated - I haven't verified, some of you may know - that "999" was the tax policy used in "SimCity" circa 2002. Mr. Cain denied with his usual style the truth of this assertion.

Cain, possibly too.

Saw Cain on "Meet The Press" this AM. He is a real piece of work. Either he is too stupid to understand the job of a POTUS or he does not care to articulate on the complexity of the office. He thinks he is running for "King Of America". His 9-9-9 plan is stupid and he rejects out of hand all criticism of his childish plan. His stand on life at conception and abortion is stark and unacceptable to the vast majority of Americans.

Cain's "my way or the hyway" attitude will find him on the hyway. He thinks he is just going to become president and DICTATE what the tax mechanism and numerous other programs will be. He is an idiot as are those that would want to waste(or worse) four years with him as POTUS.

His candidacy says more about the desperation of his hopeful citizen supporters and the manipulation of his corporate sponsors than anything useful to the vast majority of the American population.

In short he is Sarah Palin in the body of a black man. He is dangerously willfully ignorant.

Hey Tony,

We nearly had a theocracy with Bush. Bush was an elected leader who believes himself to speak for the Almighty, a ruling political party (GOP) that represented religious true believers, the certainty of many Republican voters that government should be guided by religion and, on top of it all, a White House that adopts agendas seemingly animated by biblical worldviews.

Now we have Cain, Romney, Perry and Bachmann. Religious fanatics one and all. Christian morality in conservative politics. The candidates are trying to outchristianize each other.

Last edited:
Hey Tony,

We nearly had a theocracy with Bush. Bush was an elected leader who believes himself to speak for the Almighty, a ruling political party (GOP) that represented religious true believers, the certainty of many Republican voters that government should be guided by religion and, on top of it all, a White House that adopts agendas seemingly animated by biblical worldviews.

Now we have Cain, Romney, Perry and Bachmann. Religious fanatics one and all.

Saying you admire Jesus is quite a stretch from installing a theocracy.

Btw, what has Cain said or what does he believe when it comes to religion that Obama doesn't.

Obama claims to be a Christian......are you saying he's lying????

Hey Tony,

Now we have Cain, Romney, Perry and Bachmann. Religious fanatics one and all.

Saying you admire Jesus is quite a stretch from installing a theocracy.

Btw, what has Cain said or what does he believe when it comes to religion that Obama doesn't.

Obama claims to be a Christian......are you saying he's lying????

Now why you have to go and make sense like that Mud????

You may make their heads explode :blowup:

Forum List

Back