GOP Debate Thread

You can tell by the twitter meters who the libtards and Ron Paul supporters are most afraid of. Michele Bachmann.
They should have been more afraid of Santorum. He took down Paul in one mighty whack.

I enjoyed the Debate. Newt had a few weaknesses. Ron Paul lost it on Iran. All in all, I think there were allot of strengths and good focus.

Wow, Kelly was very sympathetic to Holder in asking Perry about Fast and Furious. Overall, I would say that if any other network had been as hard on the candidates as Fox is being tonight they would have been accused of left-wing bias.

Also, Perry is repeating the absurd claim about Hezbollah penetrating the US through Mexico.

explain why you think that is an absurd claim. and what do you know that Perry doesn't know.

Here's a pretty good analysis of why the claim is absurd (or at least, unsupported):

PolitiFact | Mitt Romney says Hezbollah in Latin America poses an imminent threat to the United States

As to what I know that Perry doesn't, with all due respect to a major public official I think the answer has to be: a lot. Putting aside professional expertise, I know plenty of things about public policy that he does not. For instance, I can name and describe all nine US Supreme Court justices. I'm sure Perry knows plenty of things that I don't, to be fair.

So you think politifact has better resources that the Governor of one of the largest states in the country. Texas has it's own intelligence agency. You need to rethink this really hard.

I'd say Romney and Gingrich were losers, simply because they faced surprisingly hard criticism. Intrade disagrees, liking pretty much everyone except Gingrich.

I do wonder if Romney's anti-stem cell answer could hurt him. Stem cells poll about as high as they ever did (Stem Cell Research) and they were a definite though small plus for the Democrats in 2008.

You can tell by the twitter meters who the libtards and Ron Paul supporters are most afraid of. Michele Bachmann.
They should have been more afraid of Santorum. He took down Paul in one mighty whack.
Santorum didn't take down shit.

Dr. Paul is exactly right...Iran is being propped up as a neocon boogerman.

We are going to have to disagree. Santorum showed that he clearly understands the Iranian regime.

You can't use the same policies you use against an athiestic communist regime aganst a Twelver regime.

Ill have to say this was a win for Rick Perry just because he didn't implode again.

I think Romney, Newt, Bachmann, and Santorum all did excellent.

I think Huntsman was underwelming

And Paul did great except the question on Iran.

Pretty much agree.

I do feel better about Huntsman, than before the debate. Any but Ron Paul work for me.

Hahahahahaha! You Paulistas slay me! Thanks for the laugh.

Isn't there a new Beavis and Butthead on tonight?

th56BC1BF9028B6722.gif

We are going to have to disagree. Santorum showed that he clearly understands the Iranian regime.

You can't use the same policies you use against an athiestic communist regime aganst a Twelver regime.
PFFFT!

Khrushchev -a much bigger threat to America by a factor of about 100 than Iran- banged a shoe on the table and shouted "WE WILL BURY YOU!"....How'd that work out?

I can even watch Iran and it's prophesies for the final battle on my local community TV Networks. They are looking forward to it in a big way. Sticking your head in the sand does not change that.

Ill have to say this was a win for Rick Perry just because he didn't implode again.

I think Romney, Newt, Bachmann, and Santorum all did excellent.

I think Huntsman was underwelming

And Paul did great except the question on Iran.

Pretty much agree.

I do feel better about Huntsman, than before the debate. Any but Ron Paul work for me.

I love Ron Paul on economics. And honestly, I don't have a problem with a non-interventionist policy, in general. But Iran is a huge exception to that problem because it's a radical regime that wants to destroy us. We are the Great Satan to them. You honestly think the Iranians are suddenly going to not be fighting "Satan"?

I wonder how many cases of Depends Obama will go thru as he nears his first debate with Newt.

We will never know.

I was impressed with Newt and Mitt, more than the rest. They had a good night( answers and explanantions ) and I attribute much of that to the well qualified anchors who asked very good and relevant questions....

I can even watch Iran and it's prophesies for the final battle on my local community TV Networks. They are looking forward to it in a big way. Sticking your head in the sand does not change that.

Exactly. Doesn't matter if we believe in their prophecies and religious doctrine. They do!

PFFFT!

Khrushchev -a much bigger threat to America by a factor of about 100 than Iran- banged a shoe on the table and shouted "WE WILL BURY YOU!"....How'd that work out?

It was a different kind of threat.

I'd say Romney and Gingrich were losers, simply because they faced surprisingly hard criticism. Intrade disagrees, liking pretty much everyone except Gingrich.

I do wonder if Romney's anti-stem cell answer could hurt him. Stem cells poll about as high as they ever did (Stem Cell Research) and they were a definite though small plus for the Democrats in 2008.

Taka a poll about stem cells and what position they occupy in peoples political choice for president. It will rank down about 4,972 out of 4,500. And they will be surprised you still think it's an issue.

Romney did ok even though I don't want him. Gingrich was damaged most by Bachmann. Newt campaigning for RINO's will hurt him as it gets more exposure. Scozzafava will be an albatross.

PFFFT!

It was a different kind of threat.

Yeah. You have to approach an athiestic communist regime in a different way you approach a Twelver regime that see's glory in the afterlife for martyrdom and makes it part of their religious vocation to wage war against the little and great satan.

Forum List

Back