Good thing democrats had those fuel standards years ago. Imagine getting ten miles to the gallon now days. 😂😂

I just bought myself a used 2008 Honda Civic, and I gotta say, I'm very happy about the gas mileage (30-35 mpg). Beats my old car by over 10 mpg.

But of course the oil industry

Fought that tooth and nail because it ate into their profits. Kinda like them fighting electric cars these days.
Yeah, I think electric cars are exactly like gasoline cars --- we'll grow into them over 20 years.

I live near I-95: it will sure be a lot quieter here.

And just imagine the prices of gas if they didn't have those standards.

Just imagine if democrats respected consumer choice a lot more.

In the 1970's American car makers were getting a beating in sales because Japanese imports had a LOT better fuel mileage and I was glad to own a 1974 Dodge Colt which in the mid 1970's had 35 mph highway and 28 in the city long before the Feds started their big gas mileage run rules.

The Foreign Market was already importing their better mileage cars into America before the stupid American companies finally changed AFTER their sales plummeted.

But of course the oil industry

Fought that tooth and nail because it ate into their profits. Kinda like them fighting electric cars these days.

Now you are making stuff up since the Oil industry doesn't control the production or sales of vehicles.

Just imagine if democrats respected consumer choice a lot more.

In the 1970's American car makers were getting a beating in sales because Japanese imports had a LOT better fuel mileage and I was glad to own a 1974 Dodge Colt which in the mid 1970's had 35 mph highway and 28 in the city long before the Feds started their big gas mileage run rules.

The Foreign Market was already importing their better mileage cars into America before the stupid American companies finally changed AFTER their sales plummeted.

My used 2008 Honda Civic that I just bought gets 30 to 35 mpg as it sits. Been checking the mileage every time I fill up since I bought it a couple of weeks ago. It's a 4 dr sedan with a pretty decent sized trunk.

Remember back 18 months ago when the US was energy independent?

Imagine if we had that now.

Will the Neo-GOP ever stop pissing on America?

In 2021, the United States exported about 8.63 million barrels per day (b/d) and imported about 8.47 million b/d of petroleum,1 making the United States an annual total petroleum net exporter for the second year in a row since at least 1949.

Remember back 18 months ago when the US was energy independent?

Imagine if we had that now.

Really? Got any links to back up your bullshit? BlindBoo in post 13 provided a link that says you're full of crap.

Sorry, but Trump isn't the savior you thought he was (no matter how much you try to convince yourself and others), and Biden isn't the demon you portray him as (again, no matter how much you try to convince yourself and others).

Really? Got any links to back up your bullshit? BlindBoo in post 13 provided a link that says you're full of crap.

Sorry, but Trump isn't the savior you thought he was (no matter how much you try to convince yourself and others), and Biden isn't the demon you portray him as (again, no matter how much you try to convince yourself and others).

The USA was able to exist without foreign energy.

Today, we may produce more than we consume, but we fucking export.

Its a failure of leadership, if you are selling food to your neighbors while your family starves, you are making poor choices.

Only a head up their cvnt cultist would conclude that Biden’s energy policy is sound.

I guess we will find out in a few months what the consensus in the USA think of your cult.

You dumb fucking cultists just believe whatever bullshit the Pharma MIC Bank Tech media overlords tell you.

The economy is perfect. Everything is perfect and it is only perfect because of Biden.

You pathetic shits.

And just imagine the prices of gas if they didn't have those standards.
Stupid and completely ignorant "point".

Fact is that today we're getting more horsepower per cubic inch of engine, without any gubmint mandates whatsoever.

GubmintSolipotence.jpg

Those of you buying the media bullshit are going to be fucking shocked in November.

You assholes think running out of baby formula is NOT going to affect the suburban parent vote?

CRT?

Trans bullshit in school?

WAY TO MAKE “PARENTS” A VOTING BLOCK YOU FOOLS.

Filled my car this afternoon, and found gas for 4.09 at the local CITGO. Was actually cheaper there than at Murphy's (which was 4.16 today). Based on what I've seen, gas prices are slowly dropping back down, because for a while, both CITGO and the Murphy's were sitting at 4.21 to 4.25/gal.

Best part was checking the mileage on my used (new to me) Civic today. Came out to 35 mpg this time. It's been running around 30 to 32 (lots of in town driving), but for a 2008, I gotta say, it's pretty impressive on the road. Saw a computer chip on the 'net the other day that promises 6 mpg increase and 60 hp more for only 89 bucks. Think I'm gonna get one this payday. They have a money back guarantee if it doesn't work as advertised.

Forum List

Back