Good thing democrats had those fuel standards years ago. Imagine getting ten miles to the gallon now days. 😂😂

Will the Neo-GOP ever stop pissing on America?

In 2021, the United States exported about 8.63 million barrels per day (b/d) and imported about 8.47 million b/d of petroleum,1 making the United States an annual total petroleum net exporter for the second year in a row since at least 1949.

Am I missing something? That chart doesnt seem to make sense. We consume more than we produce (about a million more bpd) and we still export more than we import? How does that math work out?

And just imagine the prices of gas if they didn't have those standards.
We had vehicles with carbs in them in the 70s and 80s that got great gas mileage..............All a bunch of BS...........Gas mileage hasn't gone up that much......

Now we have computers that do everything.............well we didn't really need that junk back then. Fuel, air, ignition source and IT RUNS.

Sell your ISM to someone else.

Years ago? Americans were stuck with Carter generated craziness that relied on odd and even license plates to get gas. Yeah, thanks democrats.

I owned one of those and it drove good and got good gas mileage. Didn't have no stinking computer. Knew some with the Rabbit which got better mileage.

Now today..............HARDLY different except EVs which just lie about the energy efficiency. As you have to charge it. Not to mention the battery cost of replacement.

How about this little thing that the cult is apparently happy about?

The USA now buys energy from nations who pollute way more than the US.

We are using ships instead of domestic pipelines. Are ships the cleanest and safest way to transport fuel?

So idiotic. These are the same assholes who would gladly repeal the 2nd ammendment while their cult leaders are guarded by people WITH GUNS.

Its virtually retarded. Its literally stupid.

I’m not sure how old you are but fuel mileage has been a thing since the model T rolled off the line.

They didn't say fuel mileage, they said fuel mileage STANDARDS, meaning they told the car companies to get better mileage for their vehicles or don't sell cars here.

Me? I think it's a good thing, as the companies wouldn't care if their vehicles got lousy mileage or not, as long as they sold cars. Personally, I'm happy that they've made the car companies make better cars, as it means I get better mileage than cars way back when, which translates to less money spent on gas. My current car (a 2008 Honda Civic) gets 30 to 35 mpg, which is a bit better than my previous one ( a 2002 PT Cruiser, which only got 20 to 25 mpg).

Am I missing something? That chart doesnt seem to make sense. We consume more than we produce (about a million more bpd) and we still export more than we import? How does that math work out?
In reality, declaring ourselves energy independent means nothing and never did, because we are oil dependent, and will always be at the mercy of world oil prices. We export LNG and import crude oil. It was a very thin margin in 2021 but after the Ukraine situation I think we'll be producing and exporting more LNG than ever before.

They didn't say fuel mileage, they said fuel mileage STANDARDS, meaning they told the car companies to get better mileage for their vehicles or don't sell cars here.

Me? I think it's a good thing, as the companies wouldn't care if their vehicles got lousy mileage or not, as long as they sold cars. Personally, I'm happy that they've made the car companies make better cars, as it means I get better mileage than cars way back when, which translates to less money spent on gas. My current car (a 2008 Honda Civic) gets 30 to 35 mpg, which is a bit better than my previous one ( a 2002 PT Cruiser, which only got 20 to 25 mpg).
They were doing that anyway. People like you wanted good fuel mileage cars, they knew that market existed. Government grandstanding had nothing to do with it.

In reality, declaring ourselves energy independent means nothing and never did, because we are oil dependent, and will always be at the mercy of world oil prices. We export LNG and import crude oil. It was a very thin margin in 2021 but after the Ukraine situation I think we'll be producing and exporting more LNG than ever before.
Stop the lies. And the MPG increases are going to hurt the American Companies and force the electric vehicles on us all with an infrastructure that is at the abortion stage Progs brag about. The American companies survive off of Trucks, SUV's, Crossovers, etc. They also may have slightly relaxed standards compared to automobiles. And I guarantee you, many people who are a little older know how many times they have been screwed over with American cars. They will go to foreign designed and made vehicles for reliability.

Yeah, I think electric cars are exactly like gasoline cars --- we'll grow into them over 20 years.
I needed but 5 minutes to grow into my first gas car.

I live near I-95: it will sure be a lot quieter here.
Maybe not. Most highway noise comes from the tires rolling on the road surface, not from the engines, unless you have a lot of souped up street rods with headers and blown out glass packs rolling by.

Fair. The chart just doesn’t illustrate the LNG part of the equation

And the big lie about having hundreds of years of oil on stand by was sure busted.

Forum List

Back