Good for Her!!!

According to the OP she said she wanted to open an account with the check and they told her the check was fraudulent. That doesn't make any sense on several levels.
I have to admit, she's got a good case if we have all the facts. I still don't believe we have all the facts. But, it's possible that the bankers really were that stupid and racist.

I have to admit, she's got a good case if we have all the facts. I still don't believe we have all the facts. But, it's possible that the bankers really were that stupid and racist.

I would agree with that if corporate made no statement. But Fifth Third made a public statement that the employees of that branch handled it properly. That tells me they did things by the book.

They have no case unless they can prove people of other races that did the exact same thing were treated differently. To your point (and the one I made earlier) is that it's likely she wanted an immediate withdrawal before the check cleared, and the media conveniently left that part of the story out.

Forum List

Back