LOL @ racially stereotypical mural in my post office

JGalt

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2011
Guess we're gonna have to burn down the post office now. :laughing0301:

The mural was a WPA project in 1937, painted by Richard Brooks. It's titled “Decorative Interpretation of Unification of America through the Post”

po1.jpg

po2.jpg

The mural was a WPA project in 1937, painted by Richard Brooks. It's titled “Decorative Interpretation of Unification of America through the Post”

View attachment 351079

View attachment 351080

You know someone will be offended by it.

I'm surprised nobody has caught that yet. I live in a small town of about 5,000, and someone is already putting out professionally-printed "Stop Racism" and George Floyd signs on the corners and in front of the courthouse/police station.

There was even a 10-person protest on the courthouse lawn last week, all white liberals. I honked the horn and flipped them off.

View attachment 351079

View attachment 351080

I'm surprised nobody has caught that yet. I live in a small town of about 5,000, and someone is already putting out professionally-printed "Stop Racism" and George Floyd signs on the corners and in front of the courthouse/police station.

There was even a 10-person protest on the courthouse lawn last week, all white liberals. I honked the horn and flipped them off.

I don't mind that. They are actually following the 1st amendment, petitioning government peacefully to address grievances.

Most of the current riot/mayhem isn't directed at government deciders, but government actors, and personal private property.

View attachment 351079

View attachment 351080

I don't mind that. They are actually following the 1st amendment, petitioning government peacefully to address grievances.

Most of the current riot/mayhem isn't directed at government deciders, but government actors, and personal private property.

What "grievances" could a bunch of milquetoast white liberals possibly have in a small town of 5,000 people?

We treat our black folks just fine out here.

View attachment 351079

View attachment 351080

What "grievances" could a bunch of milquetoast white liberals possibly have in a small town of 5,000 people?

We treat our black folks just fine out here.

I don't care as long as they present it peacefully, or if they do civil disobedience they accept the consequences.

To be fair, that mural should be painted over.

This is 2020.

I do not support BLM's methods of intimidation and demands that we consider as victims all the young gentlemen killed in conflicts with cops.

But I do support the idea that African Americans be treated with respect. That mural shows a stereotype that embarrasses today's African Americans.

No matter what one feels about the people under consideration, there is never any excuse to say anything or do anything to humiliate them.

This is 2020.

I do not support BLM's methods of intimidation and demands that we consider as victims all the young gentlemen killed in conflicts with cops.

But I do support the idea that African Americans be treated with respect. That mural shows a stereotype that embarrasses today's African Americans.

No matter what one feels about the people under consideration, there is never any excuse to say anything or do anything to humiliate them.

You'd better get busy then. They painted alot of those WPA murals in post offices, during the 1930's.

Rockdale, Texas:

RockdaleTXPostOfficeMuralPickingCotton508JT8.jpg

Columbus, NY:

l_yvn1u1152011105509PM.jpg

San Francisco:

refregier-rincon_annex-mural-chinese-building-railroad-small.jpg

Des Plains, IL:

post_office_mural_2_small.jpg

A high school in San Francisco:

victor-arnautoff-mural-gwhs-1-small.jpg

victor-arnautoff-mural-gwhs-2-small.jpg

Alot of the work was also done during the FDR administration, as part of his New Deal.

This is 2020.

You'd better get busy then. They painted alot of those WPA murals in post offices, during the 1930's.

Rockdale, Texas:

RockdaleTXPostOfficeMuralPickingCotton508JT8.jpg

Columbus, NY:

l_yvn1u1152011105509PM.jpg

San Francisco:

refregier-rincon_annex-mural-chinese-building-railroad-small.jpg

Des Plains, IL:

post_office_mural_2_small.jpg

A high school in San Francisco:

victor-arnautoff-mural-gwhs-1-small.jpg

victor-arnautoff-mural-gwhs-2-small.jpg

Alot of the work was also done during the FDR administration, as part of his New Deal.

Wow! Thanks!

Those are really beautiful murals.

Maybe if we kneel and grovel at the feet of the right people, they will make some exceptions to the campaign of mural destruction.

View attachment 351079

View attachment 351080

OMG! Is this that Aunt Jemima wimmens? :omg: :abgg2q.jpg:

View attachment 351081

Beat me to it...
Where's Uncle Remus though?

Not sure. Last I heard he was trying to find his way out of the briar patch.

Forum List

Back