Gone Are The Days…

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
…when the American versions of Pravda and Izvestia, the Bolshevik press, could get away with lies and there was no way to respond….

Now….with the advent of Al Gore’s internet….they get smacked right in the kisser. It isn’t the required answer as far as leveling the playing field…they still have government school, and the indelible indoctrination, but it is fun watching how quickly they get smacked these days.

WaPo’s mainstay and current Bolshevik apparatchik, Jennifer Rubin, fake ‘conservative,’ aimed at ridiculing Trump’s impeachment lawyers…..and…watch what happened.

Jennifer Rubin Beclowns Herself With Ignorant Tweet Mocking Trump Lawyers, John Roberts

The liberal journalist and MSNBC contributor tried to dunk on President Trump’s lawyers Jay Sekulow and Pat Cipollone, with an immature tweet mocking them as inexperienced buffoons. Unfortunately for Rubin, she was the one who ended up looking like a fool.

Jennifer Rubin
@JRubinBlogger

can you imagine if Sekulow and Cipollone had to try a case in front of a real judge? bhahaahhahahahaha
3:25 PM · Jan 28, 2020·Twitter Web App

Here….in rapid response:

Sekulow alone has argued a dozen cases before the Supreme Court, winning 9 of them. The Washington Post is really having a banner time. https://twitter.com/JRubinBlogger/status/1222254492814651398 …

Sekulow argued the Pleasant Grove City v. Summum case in front of the SUPREME COURT and won a unanimous verdict. But hey, it's the Trump team that's uneducated! https://twitter.com/JRubinBlogger/status/1222254492814651398 …

Also Cipollone was a partner on the SCOTUS case of Compucredit v Greenwood in 2012 for Kirkland and Ellis, which he won

How can someone as dumb as you have a blue checkmark? Chief Justice John Roberts is not only a real judge but sits at the pinnacle above all other judges, thus the title Chief Justice.” Jennifer Rubin Beclowns Herself With Ignorant Tweet Mocking Trump Lawyers, John Roberts

Gone are the days when these hacks could use ridicule and slander and it not become a boomerang.

Just as all the 'fact-checkers,' and Wikipedia, are controlled by Democrat operatives, they even have the nerve to put Liberal shills in and claim that they are conservatives, and/or Republicans....

The NYTimes has shill David Brooks, and the subject of the OP, Jennifer Rubin, is another.

"Conservatives to Washington Post: Jennifer Rubin isn't one of us; hire someone new
...conservative leaders from the American Principles Project is calling on The Washington Post to stop promoting columnist Jennifer Rubin as a conservative and to “hire a true conservative” to better give voice to those on the right.

... it is nearly impossible to discern any conservatism in Rubin’s contemporary writing,” the letter adds, accusing Rubin of reversing her previous positions on climate change, gun control, Middle East foreign policy, tax cuts, immigration,and abortion.

"Anyone following Rubin’s writing closely at this point would rightfully find the claim that she is ‘conservative’ laughable."
Conservatives to Washington Post: Jennifer Rubin isn't one of us; hire someone new

I have never considered her a conservative and find it surprising that anyone would do so.

:shrug

eta - Marc Thiessen, on the other hand...

Last edited:
I have never considered her a conservative and find it surprising that anyone would do so.

:shrug

eta - Marc Thiessen, on the other hand...

"Jennifer Rubin is an American conservative columnist who writes the "Right Turn" blog for The Washington Post. Previously she worked at Commentary, PJ Media, Human Events, and The Weekly Standard. Her work has been published in media outlets including Politico, New York Post, New York Daily News, National Review, and The Jerusalem Post."
Rubin is a conservative.[15][16][17] Other conservatives have disputed that she is a conservative, in part because of her willingness to criticize Donald Trump.[18][19]
Jennifer Rubin (journalist) - Wikipedia

FTR, I'm a regular reader of the WaPo. They have connections that give them insight into what's going on behind the scenes with The Powers that Be. But the only feature (non food related) or editorial writer I read regularly is David Ignatious. I find his takes informative. Oh, I also read George Conway but that's more for entertainment given his spouse. ;-)

FTR, I'm a regular reader of the WaPo. They have connections that give them insight into what's going on behind the scenes with The Powers that Be. But the only feature (non food related) or editorial writer I read regularly is David Ignatious. I find his takes informative. Oh, I also read George Conway but that's more for entertainment given his spouse. ;-)

It seems we're off in a direction unrelated to the OP.

I have no disagreement with reading all sorts of publications, and, in fact, read those with which one disagrees as frequently as those with which one agrees....I subscribe to both the WSJ and the NYT.

The OP simply points out how heartening it is when a hypocrite like Rubin, and by extension, the WaPo gets a verbal custard pie in the kisser.

My intent was to provide some background for my opinion. To show that it was an informed opinion.

I apologize if folks think that I took us off track.

Forum List

Back