Going to buy an SUV next year. ??

My steering wheel bearing column is busted and every time I turn it makes a big thump
Been a problem for 6 months

It’s only $300 to fix and I did not notice it all until the tech told me

xband
Maybe I will check out those new Israeli cars ??

Path snd Highlander get bad gas mileage

Here in Vegas : you die from car crashes.
I need a bigger vehicle even though I have not enough friends to ever fill it lol

xband
Maybe I will check out those new Israeli cars ??

Path snd Highlander get bad gas mileage

Here in Vegas : you die from car crashes.
I need a bigger vehicle even though I have not enough friends to ever fill it lol
i think you can die from car crashes in any state....

I have a 2011 5.7 Hemi Grand Cherokee. Love the handling, true four wheel drive, the power for towing and the comfort. Snow traction is not an issue. However, I have been dissatisfied with many hiccups in the reliability including a failed engine at 152K miles that luckily was covered by a free lifetime drivetrain warranty. Hasn't had a problem since that replacement though.
It still is a powerful vehicle for its weight.
When this particular model came out in 2011 Chrysler was planning to merge with Mercedes, so the chassis is essentially identical to the Mercedes ML, engine and electrical all Mopar, then the Fiat merge happened instead. My mistake was buying a first year model. My previous 96 Grand Cherokee went to 340K with no large issues before transmission gave out.
My wife has a 2014 Cherokee six cylinder and that has been completely reliable so far.

Those are two different issues, engine and drivetrain.
The lifetime drivetrain warranty as Jeep called it covered all lubricated internal parts of the engine, transmission and transfer case.
Maybe they called it Powertrain, but they covered it.

Hyundai Tucson or Santa Fe ???

Hell no!

Why would I even think of buying some piece of Korean trash? If I'm going to spend that kind of money on a vehicle, it needs to be a good vehicle.

As it happens, I'm waiting for an inheritance, out of which I intend to buy a pricy vehicle.

Things could change before the money arrives and get spent, but I am pretty much settled on a Ford Bronco. Not some piece of garbage from Asia, but a real American vehicle, made by the only remaining great American automobile manufacturer.

Forum List

Back