God's Wrath Against Mankind

It is written:

Brothers, my hearts desire and prayer to God for the Israelites is that they may be saved.

For I can testify about them that they are zealous for God, but their zeal is not based on knowledge. Since they did not know the righteousness that comes from God and sought to establish their own, they did not submit to God's righteousness.

Christ is the end of the law so that there may be righteousness for everyone who believes, Moses describes in this way righteousness that is by the law:

The man who does these things will live by them. But the righteousness that is by faith says:

Do not say in your heart, Who will ascend to heaven? ( that is to bring Christ down)

or

Who will descend into the deep? ( that is, to bring Christ up from the dead )

But what does it say?

The word is near you, it is in your mouth and in your heart, that is, the word of faith we are proclaiming:

That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord" and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved.

As the Scripture says, "Anyone who trusts in him will never be put to shame."

For there is no difference between Jew and Gentile - the same Lord is Lord of all and richly blesses all who call on him, for "Everyone who calls upon the name of the Lord will be saved."

How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in?

And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard?

And how can they hear without someone preaching to them?

And how can preach unless they be sent?

As it is written, "How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!"

But not all Isarelites accepted the good news.

For Isaiah says:

Lord, who has believed our message?

Consequently faith comes by hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word of Christ.

But I ask: Did they not hear?

Of course they did:

"Their voice has gone out into all the earth,
their words to the end of the world."

Again, I ask: Did Israel not understand?
First, Moses says,

I will make you envious by those
who were not a nation,
I will make you angry by a nation
that has no understanding."

And Isaiah boldly says,

"I was found by those who did not seek me,
I revealed myself to those who did not ask for me."

But concerning Israel he says,

"All day long I have held out my hands to a disobedient and obstinant people."

-Romans 10: 1 - 21

The Remnant of Israel

It is written:

I ask then: Did God reject his people?

By no means!

I am an Israelite myself, a descendant of Abraham, from the tribe of Benjamin. God did not reject his people, whom he foreknew.

Don't you know what the Scriptures say in the passage about Elijah?

How he appealed to God against Israel:

Lord they have killed your prophets and torn down your altars. I am the only one who is left and they are trying to kill me.

And what was God's answer to him?

I have reserved for myself seven thousand who have not bowed the knee to Baal. So too, at the present time there is a remnant chosen by grace.

And if by grace, then it is no longer by works, If it were, grace would no longer be grace.

What then? What Israel sought so earnestly it did not obtain, but the elect did.
The others were hardened as it is written:

"God gave them a spirit of stupor, eyes so that they could not see and ears, so they could not hear, to this very day."

And David says,
"May their table become a snare and a trap,
a stumbling block and a retribution for them.
May their eyes be darkened so they cannot see,
and their backs be bent forever."

Romans 11: 1 - 10

Last edited:
Ingrafted Branches

It is written:

Again I ask: Did they stumble so as to fall beyond recovery?

Not at all!

Rather, because of their transgression, salvation has come to the Gentiles to make Israel envious.

But if their transgressions mean riches to the world, and their loss means riches to the Gentiles, how much greater riches will their fulness bring?

I am talking to you Gentiles, Inasmuch as I am the apostle to the Gentiles, I make much of my ministry in the hope that I may arouse my own people to envy and save some of them.

For if their rejection is the reconciliation of the world, what will their acceptance be but life from the dead?

If the part of the dough offered as firstfruits is holy, then the whole batch is holy. If the root is holy, so are the branches.

If some of the branches have been broken off, and you, though a wild olive shoot, have been grafted in among the others and now share in the nourishing sap from the olive root, do not boast over those branches.

If you do, consider this:

You do not support the root, but the root supports you.

You will say then,
Branches were broken off so that I could be grafted in.

Granted. But they were broken off because of unbelief, and you stand by faith. Do not be arrogant, but be afraid. For if God did not spare the natural branches, he will not spare you either.

Consider therefore the kindness and the sternness of God:

Sternness to those who fell, but kindness to you, provided that you continue in his kindness. Otherwise you will be cut off.

And if they do not persist in unbelief, they will be grafted in, for God is able to graft them in again.

Afterall, you were cut out of an olive tree that is wild by nature, and contrary to nature were grafted into a cultivated olive tree, how much more readily will these, the natural branches, be grafted into their own olive tree!

- Romans 10: 11-24

Last edited:
Jeremiah may or may not mean well--I don't know what his motives are for this thread. But I tend to side with KG that we have no reason to believe his motives are anything but pure and that his witness is harmless. Also it is likely counterproductive as I suspect not a single soul will read much, if any, of his large blocks of cut and pasted text. Most especially when there is no effort to relate it to current day realities and it is more likely to trigger resentment and disgust at being 'preached at' rather than enter into a reasoned dialogue.

Bones probably also means well with her comments. She is wrong that Jesus came only for the Jews. She is right that he took strong exception to grandstanding by the 'religious' who did not live by what they preached; i.e. the hypocrites who professed the laws of scripture but failed to follow the spirit of the scripture while condemning others.

I agree with RW and others that God is not a distant, authoritarian God dictating rules and regulations and doling out wrath and punishment on those who fail to follow them. Jesus must have been personable and likable to have the following he did and to be invited as many places as he went. And, if we believe the passages that say he was God incarnate, then we do have an example of what God is like.

God/Jesus however, though he gave second chances and reserved judgment for the state of one's soul for himself to determine, was in no way soft on sin. To repent meant to cease sinning. And after some thought I am pretty sure that sin is defned as that which harms ourselves and/or others. And there are consequences for sin whether we are aware of or care about them or not. As the scriptures say in several places: "The sins of the fathers are visited upon the children even unto the fourth and fifth generation." (Interpretation: for a very long time.) The reason sin is bad is because it hurts everybody including the innocent in future generations. And that is why God is against it.

So the righteous are called to hate the sin but love the sinner.

Last edited:
All Israel Will Be Saved

I do not want you to be ignorant of this mystery, brothers, so that you may not be conceited:

Israel has experienced a hardening in part until the full number of the Gentiles has come in. And so all Israel shall be saved, as it is written:

"The deliverer willl come from Zion,
he will turn godlessness away from Jacob.
And this is my covenant with them
when I take away their sins."

As far as the gospel is concerned, they are enemies on your account, but as far as election is concerned, they are love on account of the patriarchs, for God's gifts and his call are irrevocable.

Just as you who were at one time disobedient to God have now received mercy as a result of their disobedience, so they too have now become disobedient in order that they too may now receive mercy as a result of God's mercy to you.

For God has bound all men over to disobedience so that he may have mercy on them all.

Oh, the depth of the riches,
of the wisdom and knowledge of God!
How unsearchable his judgments
and his paths beyond tracing out!

Or who has known the mind of the LORD
Or who has seen his counselor?
Who has given to God,
that God should repay him?
For from him and through him and to him are all things.
To him be the glory forever! Amen.

- Romans 11: 25- 36

I will stop here and continue later this evening to complete the Book of Romans, God willing. In these writings I did use my husbands bible which is easier for some of you to read than my own King James Version bible. I hope that helped some people here to understand the scriptures easier. God's love for you compels me.. you are in my prayers today. - J.

Jeremiah may or may not mean well--I don't know what his motives are for this thread. But I tend to side with KG that we have no reason to believe his motives are anything but pure and that his witness is harmless. Also it is likely counterproductive as I suspect not a single soul will read much, if any, of his large blocks of cut and pasted text. Most especially when there is no effort to relate it to current day realities and it is more likely to trigger resentment and disgust at being 'preached at' rather than enter into a reasoned dialogue.

Bones probably also means well with her comments. She is wrong that Jesus came only for the Jews. She is right that he took strong exception to grandstanding by the 'religious' who did not live by what they preached; i.e. the hypocrites who professed the laws of scripture but failed to follow the spirit of the scripture while condemning others.

I agree with RW and others that God is not a distant, authoritarian God dictating rules and regulations and doling out wrath and punishment on those who fail to follow them. Jesus must have been personable and likable to have the following he did and to be invited as many places as he went. And, if we believe the passages that say he was God incarnate, then we do have an example of what God is like.

God/Jesus however, though he gave second chances and reserved judgment for the state of one's soul for himself to determine, was in no way soft on sin. To repent meant to cease sinning. And after some thought I am pretty sure that sin is defned as that which harms ourselves and/or others. And there are consequences for sin whether we are aware of or care about them or not. As the scriptures say in several places: "The sins of the fathers are visited upon the children even unto the fourth and fifth generation." (Interpretation: for a very long time.) The reason sin is bad is because it hurts everybody including the innocent in future generations. And that is why God is against it.

Foxfyre, the Holy Spirit led me this morning to write this out today with my own hands. It is what the Lord desires the people to hear today. I have not copied or pasted a single word in any of these posts on this thread. I would not offer the Lord that which cost me nothing. The Lord has given me a great love in my heart for the Jewish people, for the Gentile people here on this board and this was done in God's love. Nothing else. May God deal with me ever so severely if there would ever be any other motive than Love to compel me to preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ. God bless the people reading the Gospel today. Amen.

Bones probably also means well with her comments. She is wrong that Jesus came only for the Jews.
Bones is 100% correct.

Jesus said in his own words the he only came for the 'House of Israel' and not the gentiles.

Matthew 15:24 "But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

Then when the Canaanite woman kept begging Jesus to heal her daughter from demonic possession.

Matthew 15:26 "He replied, "It is not right to take the children's bread and toss it to the dogs."

In essence, Jesus was calling the gentile people 'dogs' (filthy) and wanted nothing to do with them. .. :cool:

Last edited:

I'm reading the posts so I appreciate it. I believe Jeri wrote her own stuff so I'm not going to reject her for sharing her work but I believe she shares because she likes us. I think you actually have to give her credit because it is her work.

I want to tread carefully but truth is getting lost when people want to argue because I'm not sure they are hearing the other side.

I've been pretty tolerant of some of the stuff posted for the other side of debate so if I can be tolerant of what has been said to me then someone shouldn't be singled out because we may not be the majority viewpoint or because someone doesn't like what we have to say. If you want a full range of ideas and free speech then you have to allow other people to share.

God is in many ways a lot like me....

I created my children, I raised them, fed them, protected them. To them, I was much like a god who is responsible for their well being

Yet I never demanded that my children spend one day a week praising me. I never made them give thanks for what I brought them. I never punished them for not praising me enough. I never threatened them if they failed to worship me

Personally, I find that stuff awkward and pretentious. I am not that vain that I demand constant praise. Neither is God

He is a Father.
He is a King.
He is a lot more.

If you don't require your children to honor you or their mother, are you being a parent?
If you don't teach your kids to be polite, are you being a parent?

Parents and other people get respect but they aren't as important as God.

I've worked for jobs where some people got excessive amounts of respect because the job wouldn't function without them. God's role requires that things work a certain way to have our cohesion in the world.

I have little doubt whatsoever that RW is the kind of father that any child would be grateful to have as theirs. He is smart, kind and funny. He cares about people and he is never disrespectful. So given all of that his kids are probably also smart, kind, funny and respectful of their elders.

God hates cut and paste

Tell him how you really feel

God really does love cut and paste:

Jeremiah 1:9 ¶ Then the LORD put forth his hand, and touched my mouth. And the LORD said unto me, Behold, I have put my words in thy mouth.

Isaiah 51:16 And I have put my words in thy mouth, and I have covered thee in the shadow of mine hand, that I may plant the heavens, and lay the foundations of the earth, and say unto Zion, Thou art my people.

Deuteronomy 18:18 I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him.

Usually the reason some Christian is speaking to you might be because God told them to say something to you.

Ironic!

Did it ever occur to you that the reverse might also be true?

That an atheist telling you something might by your God's way of telling you that you are wrong?

Well said, Foxy! :clap2:

I'll finish writing the rest of Romans now as I won't be available this evening to do it.
( change of plans! )
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Living Sacrifices

It is written:

Therefore I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God - this is your spiritual act of worship.

Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind.

Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is - his good, pleasing and perfect will.

For by the grace given me I say to every one of you:

Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the measure of faith God has give you.

Just as each of us has one body with many members, and these members do not all have the same function, so in Christ we who are many form one body, and each member belongs to the others.

We have different gifts, according to the grace given us. If a mans gift is prophesying, let him use it in proportion to his faith. If it is serving, let him serve, if it is teaching, let him teach. If it is encouraging, let him encourage. If is it contributing to the needs of others, let him give generously, if it is leadership, let him govern diligently, if it is showing mercy, let him do it cheerfully.

- Romans 12: 1 - 8

Bones probably also means well with her comments. She is wrong that Jesus came only for the Jews.
Bones is 100% correct.

Jesus said in his own words the he only came for the 'House of Israel' and not the gentiles.

Matthew 15:24 "But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

It is a half truth which makes the interpretation a lie. Jesus came to His own but his own received him not so to as many as received him he gave them power to become the sons of God:

John 1:11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not.

John 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

Jesus came for the whole world:

Mark 16:15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

God opened the door to the Gentiles:

Acts 14:27 And when they were come, and had gathered the church together, they rehearsed all that God had done with them, and how he had opened the door of faith unto the Gentiles.

John 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

The gospel of Christ is the power to the Jew first and also to the Greek:

Romans 1:16 ¶ For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

And Jew and Greek or whomever are one in Christ:

Galatians 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

Jesus has come to reintroduce himself to us: Deuteronomy 32:18, Isaiah 51:1, Psalm 22:27, Hebrews 2:11

And John explains that Jesus came for the whole world:

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Love

It is written:

Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil, cling to what is good. Be devoted to one another in brotherly love. Honor one another above yourselves.

Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord. Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. Share with God's people who are in need. Practice hospitality.

Bless those who persecute you, bless and do not curse. Rejoice for those who rejoice and mourn for those who mourn. Live in harmony with one another. Do not be proud, but be willing to associate with people of low position. Do not be conceited.

Do not repay anyone evil for evil.

Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everybody. If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone, Do not take revenge, my friends, but leave room for God's wrath, for it is written:

It is mine to avenge, I will repay says the Lord.

On the contrary:

If your enemy is hungry, feed him
If he is thirsty, give him something to drink.

In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head.

Do not be overcome with evil, but overcome evil with good.

Romans 12: 9 - 21

Submission to Authorities

It is written:

Everyone must submit himself to the governing authorities, for there in no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God.

Consequently, he who rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves.

For rulers hold no terror for those who do right, but to those who do wrong.

Do you want to be free from fear of the one in authority?

Then do what is right and he will commend you. For he is God's servant to do you good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword for nothing. He is God's servant and an agent of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer.

Therefore, it is necessary to submit to authorities, not only because of possible punishment but also because of conscience.

This is also why you pay taxes, for the authorities are God's servants, who give their full time to governing. Give everyone what you owe him, if you owe taxes, pay taxes, if revenue, pay revenue, if respect, then respect, if honor then honor.

- Romans 13: 1-7

Foxfyre, the Holy Spirit led me this morning to write this out today with my own hands. It is what the Lord desires the people to hear today. I have not copied or pasted a single word in any of these posts on this thread. I would not offer the Lord that which cost me nothing. The Lord has given me a great love in my heart for the Jewish people, for the Gentile people here on this board and this was done in God's love. Nothing else. May God deal with me ever so severely if there would ever be any other motive than Love to compel me to preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ. God bless the people reading the Gospel today. Amen.

Well I can appreciate that, Jeremiah, and who am I to argue with the Holy Spirit? I hope I didn't come across that I was in any way judging you because that was not my intention. My remarks were in response to those who were seeing your posts as something other than from God's mouth to your fingers on the keyboard. I suppose because I didn't initially see your witness here as that effective, I assumed that was the way everybody was seeing it.

That was arrogant, presumptious, and wrong of me.

And I have already been privately set straight on my presumption that 'nobody is reading your posts.' :)

So I would say forge on. If from God, whomever the words are for will surely see them here.

Last edited:
Love, For the Day is Near

It is written:

Let no debt remain outstanding, except the continuing debt to love one another, for he who loves his fellowman has fulfilled the law.

The commandments, "Do not commit adultery," "Do not murder, "Do not steal,"
"Do not covet," and whatever other commandment there may be, are summed up, in this one rule, "Love your neighbor as yourself" Love does no harm to its neighbor. Therefore love is the fulfillment of the law.

And do this, understanding the present time. The hour has come for you to wake up from your slumber, because our salvation is nearer now then when we first believed.

The night is nearly over, the day is almost here.

So let us put aside the deeds of darkness and put on the armor of light. Let us behave decently, as in the daytime, not in orgies and drunkenesss, not in sexual immorality and debauchery, not in dissension and jealousy.

Rather clothe yourselves with the Lord Jesus Christ, and do not think about how to gratify the desires of the sinful nature.

- Romans 13: 8 - 14

Forum List

Back