God's plan for Ted Cruz, as described by his daddy

oldfart

Older than dirt
Nov 5, 2009
Redneck Riviera
It turns out that Senator Cruz' father, Rafael Cruz, is a pastor with the Texas charismatic ministry Purifying Fire International and has been campaigning against Obamacare the last several months. He has a distinct theological vision for what America is supposed to look like: Christian dominionism. Last year he gave a sermon in Irving Texas, and here was his introduction:

Larry Huch said:
We've been doing this series here that God laid on my heart: Getting to the top and staying there. A message for us as individuals, the kingdom of God, but also for America. It's not enough to get there. We need to stay there. It's not a coincidence that in a few weeks, we go into what's called in the Bible Rosh Hashanad [sic]... It will be the beginning of the spiritual year 2012. The number 12 means divine government. That God will begin to rule and reign. Not Wall Street, not Washington, God's people and His kingdom will begin to rule and reign. I know that's why God got Rafael's son elected, Ted Cruz the next senator.

But here's the exciting thing... The rabbinical teaching is... that in a few weeks begins that year 2012 and that this will begin what we call the end-time transfer of wealth. And that when these Gentiles begin to receive this blessing, they will never go back financially through the valley again. They will grow and grow and grow. It's said this way: that God is looking at the church and everyone in it and deciding in the next three and a half years who will be his bankers. And the ones that say here I am Lord, you can trust me, we will become so blessed that we will usher in the coming of the messiah.

So Ted's daddy is helping to lead God's chosen to be "God's bankers"! He's got until the next presidential election to do it, and that event will usher in the coming of the messiah.

The theological ethos of Rafael Cruz's vision is in Christian dominionism; he talks about preaching a "message of dominion" that all Christians have received an "anointing as kings." In the senior Cruz sermon following this effusive introduction he goes into more detail on how this is to be accomplished.

Rafael Cruz at the New Beginnings megachurch in Irving said:
The majority of you... your anointing... is an anointing as king. God has given you an anointing to go to the battlefield. And what's the battlefield? The marketplace. To go to the marketplace and occupy the land. To go to the marketplace and take dominion.

So God's chosen are to go to the battlefield, er marketplace, and take dominion. Makes sense that to become God's bankers you would have to descend on the marketplace like an army. Perfect sense.

Morgan Guyton, an Associate Pastor at Burke United Methodist Church in Burke, Virginia, summarizes the balance of the sermon, which gets much to convoluted for me as follows:

Morgan Guyton said:
So to pull all this logic together, God anoints priests to work in the church directly and kings to go out into the marketplace to conquer, plunder, and bring back the spoils to the church. The reason governmental regulation has to disappear from the marketplace is to make it completely available to the plunder of Christian "kings" who will accomplish the "end time transfer of wealth." Then "God's bankers" will usher in the "coming of the messiah." The government is being shut down so that God's bankers can bring Jesus back.

I'm glad to have someone explain this for me, because I thought Senator Cruz was merely playing politics, I did not realize that shutting down the government was a necessary part of the divine plan to abolish government regulation which will allow the "end time transfer of wealth" which is needed for them to become "God's bankers" and usher in the Second Coming.

Now the rules of the board forbid cross-posting, so I have a bit of a problem. Does this properly go under "Religion", "the Economy", "Current Events", "Conspiracy Theories", or "Politics"?

So what say you? Is Ted Cruz on a divine mission? Do you want to participate in the "end times wealth transfer" and become one of "God's bankers"? Is this what Christianity is now all about?

Forum List

Back