Gods name in the bible

Hebrew doesn’t have a J equivalent or a S equivalent. I would pronounce it Yee ho va .

However maybe God’s name has a W or J sound in it so it can never accidentally be said.

Who knows?

It is known from ancient Greek writing that the pronunciation of God's revealed name for all generations corresponds to "Yahweh", though this is not to argue with those using a pronunciation that varies a bit from this. Greeks at the time wrote the name with their own way of writing letters for the pronunciation.

Understanding Hebrew is important to understand the forming of words and their pronunciation. When the letter vav appears in the middle of a word, the sound changes from a 'v' to 'u' or 'oo'.

God's name would pronounce like this, Ya-hoo-eh. Saying it at a regular pace produces the sound of "Yahweh".

The ancient Greek writing with God's name with their letters, showing the vowel sounds but their own difficulty with Hebrew pronunciation, is with their closest approximations, which are consistent with this.

It is known from ancient Greek writing that the pronunciation of God's revealed name for all generations corresponds to "Yahweh", though this is not to argue with those using a pronunciation that varies a bit from this. Greeks at the time wrote the name with their own way of writing letters for the pronunciation.

Understanding Hebrew is important to understand the forming of words and their pronunciation. When the letter vav appears in the middle of a word, the sound changes from a 'v' to 'u' or 'oo'.

God's name would pronounce like this, Ya-hoo-eh. Saying it at a regular pace produces the sound of "Yahweh".

The ancient Greek writing with God's name with their letters, showing the vowel sounds but their own difficulty with Hebrew pronunciation, is with their closest approximations, which are consistent with this.
Jehovah is the true living God.

Jehovah is the true living God.

Certainly, of course. I agree. Don't think I disagree because I try using the pronunciation closest that I know to how the name was pronounced when revealed. As I showed, "this is not to argue with those using a pronunciation that varies a bit from this." I tried for finding accurate information. If I was wrong the same grace might be extended to me.

Too numerous to know. The gospels are named by tradition not author.
The most widely sold book in the world. And you don't know who wrote it. Someone or ones that can predict 2,000 years into the future and we haven't track them down? Not even one or two? That ability would have made them renowned, and ego would most likely have had them take credit for his work. God told Daniel the day Israel would become a nation again, because as a man Daniel couldn't see into the future. God prophesied the future so you would know He is who He said He is. The gospels are named for the authors...

Correct. You are using the old safety in numbers routine that I could use as well. Millions of Christians also disagree with born again Christians who ignore the ordinance of water baptism and the necessity of it to enter into the Kingdom of God. I've given you many, many biblical scripture that says you are wrong. Logically and reasonably.

Your other assertion that says you don't have a high school degree only explains more that you are unable to read and logically deduce understanding. "Anyone with an ounce of logic and reasoning who has a high school degree knows that baptism = born of water."
Surada disagreeing with no explanation cannot be taken seriously. Baptismo literally means going all the way under the water for baptism. Sprinkling and dry baptism doesn't work.

The most widely sold book in the world. And you don't know who wrote it. Someone or ones that can predict 2,000 years into the future and we haven't track them down? Not even one or two? That ability would have made them renowned, and ego would most likely have had them take credit for his work. God told Daniel the day Israel would become a nation again, because as a man Daniel couldn't see into the future. God prophesied the future so you would know He is who He said He is. The gospels are named for the authors...

Exactly. There was no Daniel. That's just the name of the book that was written in 164 BC about the reign of Antiochus IV Epiphanies.

Certainly, of course. I agree. Don't think I disagree because I try using the pronunciation closest that I know to how the name was pronounced when revealed. As I showed, "this is not to argue with those using a pronunciation that varies a bit from this." I tried for finding accurate information. If I was wrong the same grace might be extended to me.
I believe 100% God made his name known and always has.

real christians dont waste time on crap like in this thread...just go out and help someone...thats what real christians do
If you were aware of the pain and heartache and destroyed lives the Watchtower has caused. you'd also be helping expose thier lies. That's real Christianity.

Jesus is first and last in many things. But he is not God.
In Isaiah, God says He is THE First and Last. In Revelation Jesus says He is the First and Last. So you really want me to believe they aren't saying the Same thing? That's some very weak scholarship. Anyone who isn't indoctrinated would clearly see Jesus is claiming He is Almighty God.

Forum List

Back