Gods name in the bible

Exactly. There was no Daniel. That's just the name of the book that was written in 164 BC about the reign of Antiochus IV Epiphanies.
So you are saying that Jesus was a liar? Jesus said:

Mark 13:14
14 But when ye shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing where it ought not, (let him that readeth understand,) then let them that be in Judæa flee to the mountains:

Matthew 24
15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:).

Jesus recognized Daniel as a real person who was one of his prophets. To say that Daniel did not exist is to say that Jesus was a liar. If Daniel had not existed, how could he have been a prophet and spoke of the abomination of desolation? No, Daniel was a real person who was called as a prophet of God and he did prophesy of the abomination of desolation that occurred in 70 A.D.

There is only one First and Last. God.
I have another question. Who resurrected Jesus? Jehovah or Jesus?
Jesus resurrected Jesus.

John 10:17-18
17 Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again.
18 No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.

Jesus is the Great Jehovah. According to John up until the days of John himself, no man had seen God the Father.

John 1:18
18 No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

If no man had seen God the Father at any time, then who was it that appeared to Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, and Moses?

Exodus 6:2-3
2 And God spake unto Moses, and said unto him, I am the Lord:
3 And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them.

In this verse He tells us that His name is also Jehovah (Yahweh).

Deuteronomy 10:10
10 And there arose not a prophet since in Israel like unto Moses, whom the Lord knew face to face,

Genesis 32:30
30 And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel: for I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved.

Jesus taught the following:

John 8:56-59
56 Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad.
57 Then said the Jews unto him, Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham?
58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.
59 Then took they up stones to cast at him: but Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by.

In Hosea we read:
Hosea 13:4
4 Yet I am the Lord thy God from the land of Egypt, and thou shalt know no god but me: for there is no saviour beside me.

Isaiah taught:
Isaiah 43:3,11
3 For I am the Lord thy God, the Holy One of Israel, thy Saviour: I gave Egypt for thy ransom, Ethiopia and Seba for thee.
11 I, even I, am the Lord; and beside me there is no saviour.

Isaiah 45:3-5,15-18,21-22
3 And I will give thee the treasures of darkness, and hidden riches of secret places, that thou mayest know that I, the Lord, which call thee by thy name, am the God of Israel.
4 For Jacob my servant’s sake, and Israel mine elect, I have even called thee by thy name: I have surnamed thee, though thou hast not known me.
5 I am the Lord, and there is none else, there is no God beside me: I girded thee, though thou hast not known me:
15 Verily thou art a God that hidest thyself, O God of Israel, the Saviour.
16 They shall be ashamed, and also confounded, all of them: they shall go to confusion together that are makers of idols.
17 But Israel shall be saved in the Lord with an everlasting salvation: ye shall not be ashamed nor confounded world without end.
18 For thus saith the Lord that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it; he hath established it, he created it not in vain, he formed it to be inhabited: I am the Lord; and there is none else.
21 Tell ye, and bring them near; yea, let them take counsel together: who hath declared this from ancient time? who hath told it from that time? have not I the Lord? and there is no God else beside me; a just God and a Saviour; there is none beside me.
22 Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else.

The Apostle John tells us:

John 1:1-3
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2 The same was in the beginning with God.
3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

Also Paul to the Colossians tells us:

Colossians 1:14-19
14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:
15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:
16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.
18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.
19 For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell;

I believe Jesus was the Great I AM and Jehovah of the Old Testament. Through him the Father created all things and as a member of the Godhead, He has declared that there is no God beside him (meaning the Godhead) and that He is our Savior. Jesus had the power within himself to take up his body again and thus it was both Jehovah and Jesus, who are the same being, that raised Jesus from the dead.

Jesus resurrected Jesus.

John 10:17-18
17 Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again.
18 No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.

Jesus is the Great Jehovah. According to John up until the days of John himself, no man had seen God the Father.

John 1:18
18 No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

If no man had seen God the Father at any time, then who was it that appeared to Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, and Moses?

Exodus 6:2-3
2 And God spake unto Moses, and said unto him, I am the Lord:
3 And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them.

In this verse He tells us that His name is also Jehovah (Yahweh).

Deuteronomy 10:10
10 And there arose not a prophet since in Israel like unto Moses, whom the Lord knew face to face,

Genesis 32:30
30 And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel: for I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved.

Jesus taught the following:

John 8:56-59
56 Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad.
57 Then said the Jews unto him, Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham?
58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.
59 Then took they up stones to cast at him: but Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by.

In Hosea we read:
Hosea 13:4
4 Yet I am the Lord thy God from the land of Egypt, and thou shalt know no god but me: for there is no saviour beside me.

Isaiah taught:
Isaiah 43:3,11
3 For I am the Lord thy God, the Holy One of Israel, thy Saviour: I gave Egypt for thy ransom, Ethiopia and Seba for thee.
11 I, even I, am the Lord; and beside me there is no saviour.

Isaiah 45:3-5,15-18,21-22
3 And I will give thee the treasures of darkness, and hidden riches of secret places, that thou mayest know that I, the Lord, which call thee by thy name, am the God of Israel.
4 For Jacob my servant’s sake, and Israel mine elect, I have even called thee by thy name: I have surnamed thee, though thou hast not known me.
5 I am the Lord, and there is none else, there is no God beside me: I girded thee, though thou hast not known me:
15 Verily thou art a God that hidest thyself, O God of Israel, the Saviour.
16 They shall be ashamed, and also confounded, all of them: they shall go to confusion together that are makers of idols.
17 But Israel shall be saved in the Lord with an everlasting salvation: ye shall not be ashamed nor confounded world without end.
18 For thus saith the Lord that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it; he hath established it, he created it not in vain, he formed it to be inhabited: I am the Lord; and there is none else.
21 Tell ye, and bring them near; yea, let them take counsel together: who hath declared this from ancient time? who hath told it from that time? have not I the Lord? and there is no God else beside me; a just God and a Saviour; there is none beside me.
22 Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else.

The Apostle John tells us:

John 1:1-3
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2 The same was in the beginning with God.
3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

Also Paul to the Colossians tells us:

Colossians 1:14-19
14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:
15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:
16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.
18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.
19 For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell;

I believe Jesus was the Great I AM and Jehovah of the Old Testament. Through him the Father created all things and as a member of the Godhead, He has declared that there is no God beside him (meaning the Godhead) and that He is our Savior. Jesus had the power within himself to take up his body again and thus it was both Jehovah and Jesus, who are the same being, that raised Jesus from the dead.
Agree. Also in the gospel of John chapter 2 Jesus says He will raise his own body.

So you are saying that Jesus was a liar? Jesus said:

Mark 13:14
14 But when ye shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing where it ought not, (let him that readeth understand,) then let them that be in Judæa flee to the mountains:

Matthew 24
15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:).

Jesus recognized Daniel as a real person who was one of his prophets. To say that Daniel did not exist is to say that Jesus was a liar. If Daniel had not existed, how could he have been a prophet and spoke of the abomination of desolation? No, Daniel was a real person who was called as a prophet of God and he did prophesy of the abomination of desolation that occurred in 70 A.D.

The book of Daniel was written by a group of Jews.. most scholars think it was written over several hundred years and completed in 164 BC. There was an abomination of desolation in the second century BC. Antiochus IV Epiphanies defiled the temple with Greek gods and swine sacrifice.

Education helps. Jesus wasn't a liar. He referred to the defiling of the temple in Daniel's time.

The book of Daniel was written by a group of Jews.. most scholars think it was written over several hundred years and completed in 164 BC. There was an abomination of desolation in the second century BC. Antiochus IV Epiphanies defiled the temple with Greek gods and swine sacrifice.

Education helps. Jesus wasn't a liar. He referred to the defiling of the temple in Daniel's time.

Jesus says Daniel was a Prophet, you are calling Jesus a liar.

Jesus says Daniel was a Prophet, you are calling Jesus a liar.

Jesus wasn't referring to prophecy from Daniel. He was referring to the Abomination of Desolation in Daniel's time. It was a real event not a prophecy.

Jesus wasn't referring to prophecy from Daniel. He was referring to the Abomination of Desolation in Daniel's time. It was a real event not a prophecy.

You are calling Jesus a liar. Jesus said Daniel was a prophet.

You are calling Jesus a liar. Jesus said Daniel was a prophet.

Why would I call Jesus a liar? You don't know much about prophets, do you?

Most prophecy was amended into scripture after the fact. They weren't fortunetellers. They were keen observers and the conscience of the community.

In the matter of Daniel. ... The abomination of desolation wasn't a prophecy. It was a real event that sparked the Maccabean war.

Your ignorance is stunning. You actually think prophets were fortunetellers.

There were schools for prophets from the time of Samuel. Today there are schools for prophets in Atlanta.

Why would I call Jesus a liar? You don't know much about prophets, do you?

Most prophecy was amended into scripture after the fact. They weren't fortunetellers. They were keen observers and the conscience of the community.

In the matter of Daniel. ... The abomination of desolation wasn't a prophecy. It was a real event that sparked the Maccabean war.

Your ignorance is stunning. You actually think prophets were fortunetellers.

There were schools for prophets from the time of Samuel. Today there are schools for prophets in Atlanta.

Complete and utter BS as always. Jesus called Daniel a prophet so Daniel is a Prophet. You believe Jesus didn't tell the truth. I actually think God spoke through His Prophets, I have no need to reinterpret Scripture to fit my beliefs. Your ignorance is on display for all to see. Preterists NEED to alter the Word to make it fit their narrow view of God. What you spout turns God into god, someone with no more power than a mere man.

You said that Daniel never existed. Jesus spoke of a future Abomination of Desolation and said nothing of the past regarding Antiochus IV Epiphanies. Jesus spoke of a total destruction of the temple that one stone would not stand upon another. Jesus recognized Daniel as a prophet (a real person) and that he prophesied of the abomination of desolation that was yet to occur. The scholars you speak of are at odds with the Christ who is the second member of the Godhead. They are apostate and preach false doctrine.

You said that Daniel never existed. Jesus spoke of a future Abomination of Desolation and said nothing of the past regarding Antiochus IV Epiphanies. Jesus spoke of a total destruction of the temple that one stone would not stand upon another. Jesus recognized Daniel as a prophet (a real person) and that he prophesied of the abomination of desolation that was yet to occur. The scholars you speak of are at odds with the Christ who is the second member of the Godhead. They are apostate and preach false doctrine.

Her god is not our God.

Dan'el is an ancient Syrian poem...

The first abomination of desolation was in 167 AD. See Matthew 24:15. Don't you know anything about Antiochus IV Epiphanies or the Maccabean revolt or the desecration of the temple?

Jesus teaches--Matthew 7:21--Those living now to do his Fathers will, get to enter his kingdom( be saved)

God inspired his written word, God put his name in the OT in nearly 6800 places. Every spot-GOD or LORD all capitols is. And his name in the NT in a couple hundred more where the OT is quoted and the name belongs. God put his name in those spots because he wants it there= his will.
Thus every translation on earth that has the name removed was accomplished by satans will, satans will keeps it out to mislead. Every religion using those translations are doing satans will. The ones using altered translations by satans will even rejected the translators who had love and respect for Gods will to put his name back even though they know 100% God put his name there. Think about that.

A prime example of how one is being mislead by the removal of that name= Acts 2:21--Those who call on the name of the Lord will be saved= a quote of Joel 2:31-32--Those who call on the name of YHWH(Jehovah) will be saved--the ones mislead will be calling on Jesus name--because you have LORD at Joel 2:31-32-- and at Acts 2:21--YHWH(Jehovah) name belongs in both spots.

Thus all using the altered versions are being mislead by satans will= 100% fact of life.

The man the Christians call "Jesus", was actually named "Yehoshua" (long form) or Yeshua/Yahshua (short form) in Hebrew. If we translate that Hebrew name to English directly, we get Joshua, not Jesus. Modern English-speaking Christians are translating not from Hebrew into English, but from Greek through an old English pronunciation that lacked the "J" sound. They make a false distinction between the name of the prophet Joshua in the Hebrew Bible and their man-god messiah. There's a lot of deception in the church (circus).

The Name of the heavenly Father is Yahweh/YHWH.

Not only did God come to earth, He walked in the Garden in the cool of the evening. He sat around a campfire and ate stew with Abraham. Abe and Sarah named their child Isaac because God laughed. He bartered with Abraham. He preformed ceremonies with him. God led a horde of Jews out of Egypt for years. He sat with Moses on a mountain, and placed Moses in a crevice and put His hand over Moses' face as He passed by. He called Noah into the Arc and then went out side and sealed up the door. He walked off the face of the earth with Enoch. He resided in a Jewish Temple...
^
Not some spirit, not some essence, or idea. He had feet, a mouth, a nose. He could swallow real food. He had a face and hands, vocal chords, and a sense of humor.

And He plans on moving here permanently, and bringing His property with Him:

Rev. 21:2 Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and earth had passed away, and the sea was no more. I saw the holy city, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying: “Behold, the dwelling place of God is with man, and He will dwell with them. They will be His people, and God Himself will be with them as their God.…

Yahweh comes down in and through His holy angels (holy spirits). His official agents embody YHWH, even bearing His Name (nature, state of being). YHWH is fully invested in His angels, functionally and otherwise. There is a very intimate, close ontological connection between YHWH and His living creation. However, YHWH can't be reduced ontologically to only one creature, or creatures that are subject to death (there is no absolute "co-equality" or "consubstantiality" between YHWH and His creatures). He makes that crystal clear in the Hebrew Bible. So if your Christian scriptures contradict what was previously revealed to the Israelites, it behooves you to reconsider its validity. Whatever is written in the Christian "NT" that is inconsistent or not in concordance with the Hebrew Bible, should be discarded.

Last edited:
Yahweh comes down in and through His holy angels (holy spirits). His official agents embody YHWH, even bearing His Name (nature, state of being). YHWH is fully invested in His angels, functionally and otherwise. There is even a very intimate, close ontological connection between YHWH and His living creation, without absolute co-equality as the Trinitarians assert. However, YHWH can't be reduced to only one creature, much less to creatures that are subject to death. He makes that crystal clear in the Hebrew Bible. So if your Christian scriptures contradict what was previously revealed to the Israelites, it behooves you to reconsider its validity. Whatever is written in the Christian "NT" that is inconsistent or not in concordance with the Hebrew Bible, should be discarded.

Much of the New Testament is written in Greek. Have you forgotten about the Decapolis cities?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back