The Ancient Rites That Gave Birth to Religion

Sacred beliefs likely arose out of prehistoric bonding and rituals.

The invention of religion is a big bang in human history. Gods and spirits helped explain the unexplainable, and religious belief gave meaning and purpose to people struggling to survive. But what if everything we thought we knew about religion was wrong? What if belief in the supernatural is window dressing on what really matters—elaborate rituals that foster group cohesion, creating personal bonds that people are willing to die for.
Kind of hard to look past the fact that 6,000 years ago they knew the universe was created from nothing and that man was a product of that creation.
We don't know what was at the BB because we can't see that far back. We've been through this before.

Not sure why TNDummy thinks that's funny. It's commonly known that the religious view has always been that the universe was created from nothing. I can only assume he's ignorant on that because if he thinks its funny that science now agrees with religion that the universe was created from nothing he not only proves his ignorance of science but also that he believes the the universe being created from nothing is proof of God's existence.
Religion itself is older than your creationist bullshit
I'm not a creationist, TN. So there's that.

And what does religion being older than that have to do with anything? Judaism, Christianity and as far as I know Islam have always believed the universe was created from nothing. Science finally caught up to them in the 20th century.
So does the sumerian religion whom Abraham ripped off.
So are you saying the Sumerian's believed in the incorporeality of God, the unity of God and creatio ex nihilo?

Because besides being the foundational beliefs of the Judaeo-Christian religion these are the beliefs that pertain to God creating the universe from nothing. So if you tell me three common beliefs that are totally unrelated to the universe being created from nothing, you are wasting your time.
No, the sumerians didnt believe in your god. That wasnt thought of until later. They were polytheistic.
My point was, they believed everything came from nothing. Thats where abraham got it.
I believe there is a creation theory in Hindu where the universe came from nothing.
Your ripped off religion isnt special.
Also, why speak of science when your bible says the sun revolves around the earth?
So you are proving my point that ancient man knew the universe was created from nothing at least 6,000 years ago if not longer. Which means they knew it at least 6,000 years before science knew it.

The invention of religion is a big bang in human history. Gods and spirits helped explain the unexplainable, and religious belief gave meaning and purpose to people struggling to survive. But what if everything we thought we knew about religion was wrong? What if belief in the supernatural is window dressing on what really matters—elaborate rituals that foster group cohesion, creating personal bonds that people are willing to die for.
Kind of hard to look past the fact that 6,000 years ago they knew the universe was created from nothing and that man was a product of that creation.
We don't know what was at the BB because we can't see that far back. We've been through this before.
Red shift and cosmic background radiation say otherwise.

Link to a scientific article that says that those 2 things prove that the universe came from nothing, and quote the relevant part. :popcorn:

Link to a scientific article that says that those 2 things prove that the universe came from nothing, and quote the relevant part. :popcorn:
You do realize that you are proving a universe created from nothing supports that God created it, right?

You do realize that you are proving a universe created from nothing supports that God created it, right?
I'm not proving that, wtf are you talking about? And science never said that they could see back that far. Thanks for the link. :lol:

Laughing leads to crying.
Laughing at you leads to more laughing at you. :lol:
And I couldn't be happier for you and TN to do so.

It says a lot about the character of both of you.
Do you ever stop to think that you're simply a jackass?
Over some things, sure. How about you? Do you ever stop to think that you're simply a jackass?
Over everything I've ever heard you say here. :lol:

I'm not proving that, wtf are you talking about? And science never said that they could see back that far. Thanks for the link. :lol:
Sure you are by opposing the only scientific explanation that fits the observations and doesn't violate the laws of thermodynamics. That's how much you think this proves that God created the universe from nothing.

Again... the link you are looking for is called red shift and cosmic background radiation.

Which is why CERN says everything was created 13 billion years ago.

Laughing leads to crying.
Laughing at you leads to more laughing at you. :lol:
And I couldn't be happier for you and TN to do so.

It says a lot about the character of both of you.
Do you ever stop to think that you're simply a jackass?
Over some things, sure. How about you? Do you ever stop to think that you're simply a jackass?
Over everything I've ever heard you say here. :lol:
Says the science denier.

I like the Eastern view of the cosmos. Basically it consists of a Day of Brahma, when the universe is active, and a Night when it sleeps. Ever coming and going, like the tides and the seasons.
For those who accept the Western view, a question. With what matters did your God concern Himself with for that eternity before He created anything?

Sure you are by opposing the only scientific explanation that fits the observations and doesn't violate the laws of thermodynamics. That's how much you think this proves that God created the universe from nothing.

Again... the link you are looking for is called red shift and cosmic background radiation.

As usual, nothing you posted proves that we came from nothing.

I like the Eastern view of the cosmos. Basically it consists of a Day of Brahma, when the universe is active, and a Night when it sleeps. Ever coming and going, like the tides and the seasons.
For those who accept the Western view, a question. With what matters did your God concern Himself with for that eternity before He created anything?
For all we know He has always created.

As usual, nothing you posted proves that we came from nothing.
What do you think it was created from, Taz?

For all we know He has always created.
Practice makes perfect. I'm sure He'll get it right some day in the distant future.

Forum List

Back