God of the Gaps (well then, how did...")

abu afak

What ding is doing here is trying to leave himself wiggle room and emergency exits.

So he can say "That's not what I meant", ad nauseum, when anyone confronts him with the nonsense and contradictions in his own rants.

I have watched him and hobelim do this to each other for 20 pages straight. Excruciating and anti-intellectual.

We don't have this "luxury", when discussing scientific ideas, or when performing science.

It's a sure way to spot a charlatan. It works outside of the realm of magical bullshit, too.

Just ask people to well-defi e their terms. Or,to describe exactly try what evidence would convince ce them otherwise.
When they instantly fail at this -- as ding is always sure to do -- you have exposed your charlatan. You know you are wasting your time to continue

Try it. 100% success rate.

abu afak

What ding is doing here is trying to leave himself wiggle room and emergency exits.

So he can say "That's not what I meant", ad nauseum, when anyone confronts him with the nonsense and contradictions in his own rants.

I have watched him and hobelim do this to each other for 20 pages straight. Excruciating and anti-intellectual.

We don't have this "luxury", when discussing scientific ideas, or when performing science.

It's a sure way to spot a charlatan. It works outside of the realm of magical bullshit, too.

Just ask people to well-defi e their terms. Or,to describe exactly try what evidence would convince ce them otherwise.
When they instantly fail at this -- as ding is always sure to do -- you have exposed your charlatan. You know you are wasting your time to continue

And here I thought I was just kicking your ass.

Mind, rather than emerging as a late outgrowth in the evolution of life, has existed always as the matrix, the source and condition of physical reality - that the stuff of which physical reality is composed is mind-stuff.

abu afak

Everything is made manifest by mind. George Wald said, "The physical world is entirely abstract and without ‘actuality’ apart from its linkage to consciousness. It is primarily physicists who have expressed most clearly and forthrightly this pervasive relationship between mind and matter, and indeed at times the primacy of mind." Arthur Eddington wrote, “the stuff of the world is mind‑stuff. The mind‑stuff is not spread in space and time." Von Weizsacker stated what he called his “Identity Hypothesis; that consciousness and matter are different aspects of the same reality. In 1952 Wolfgang Pauli said, "the only acceptable point of view appears to be the one that recognizes both sides of reality -- the quantitative and the qualitative, the physical and the psychical -- as compatible with each other, and can embrace them simultaneously . . . It would be most satisfactory of all if physis and psyche (i.e., matter and mind) could be seen as complementary aspects of the same reality.”

Mind, rather than emerging as a late outgrowth in the evolution of life, has existed always as the matrix, the source and condition of physical reality - that the stuff of which physical reality is composed is mind-stuff.
Shaman ding has spoken!

Reads like a randomly generated statement in a scifi computer game with out-of-date AI.

I have watched him and @hobelim do this to each other for 20 pages straight. Excruciating and anti-intellectual.

lol...you ain't seen nothing yet! Prepare yourself to be excruciated further .

Ding insists God is edible because he says he "just believes" in what is written in scripture. lol..

I point out the historical fact that both OT and NT scripture was written by extremely intelligent and dedicated Jewish people to educate children in metaphors, allegories, homonyms, hyperbole, etc., which are now well known literary teaching techniques of every nation but at the time written was incomprehensible to their many superstitious illiterate knuckle dragging and violent enemies, (your ancestors), the teaching deliberately hidden in words of a figurative language above their grasp and remains above the grasp of many people as wise and intelligent as you pretend to be.

Now I know that you like to jump up and down screaming magical bullshit whenever I say this and so I understand how excruciating it must be if that's all you have to say in response. Life itself can be excruciating to a pompous jackass. If you can't acknowledge the truth in what I said, something as obvious as anyone saying that the sky is blue, then you are the anti intellectual, professor.

Put that under a microscope, boil it in a beaker, and maybe you'll learn something. Maybe not.

Either way what you find excruciating I find hysterical. Your position amounts to claiming that the story of Pinocchio is magical bullshit because every scientist knows that puppets can't talk. :auiqs.jpg:

Whatever you profess to believe or don't believe the truth is, as it is written, when naughty boys stay on Pleasure Island for too long those donkey ears are there to stay for life. (Pinocchio 3:14)

I have spoken.

Can I get a hee haw?

Last edited:

Ding insists God is edible because he says he "just believes" in what is written in scripture. lol..

I point out the historical fact that both OT and NT scripture was written by extremely intelligent and dedicated Jewish people to educate children in metaphors, allegories, homonyms, hyperbole, etc., which are now well known literary teaching techniques of every nation but at the time written was incomprehensible to their many superstitious illiterate knuckle dragging and violent enemies, (your ancestors), the teaching deliberately hidden in words of a figurative language above their grasp and remains above the grasp of many people as wise and intelligent as you pretend to be.

Now I know that you like to jump up and down screaming magical bullshit whenever I say this and so I understand how excruciating it must be if that's all you have to say in response. Life itself can be excruciating to a pompous jackass. If you can't acknowledge the truth in what I said, something as obvious as anyone saying that the sky is blue, then you are the anti intellectual, professor.

Put that under a microscope, boil it in a beaker, and maybe you'll learn something. Maybe not.

Either way what you find excruciating I find hysterical. Your position amounts to claiming that the story of Pinocchio is magical bullshit because every scientist knows that puppets can't talk. :auiqs.jpg:

Whatever you profess to believe or don't believe the truth is, as it is written, when naughty boys stay on Pleasure Island for too long those donkey ears are there to stay for life. (Pinocchio 3:14)

I have spoken.

Can I get a hee haw?

I put Fort Unfun on ignore long ago for obvious reasons, friend. You description of Scriptures is unlike anything I have read before, which makes it the more valuable.

Ding insists God is edible because he says he "just believes" in what is written in scripture.
Yes, pretty much every Christian sect holds this belief.
Your position amounts to claiming that the story of Pinocchio is magical bullshit because every scientist knows that puppets can't talk
Then you don't read very well. The tale of Pinnochio does purport itself to be true, nor do others purport it to be true. Thus it is not a myth.

This is pretty basic stuff. I should not have to explain this to you. But you are rabid and are making silly mistakes.

Shaman ding has spoken!

Reads like a randomly generated statement in a scifi computer game with out-of-date AI.
Again... Everything is made manifest by mind. George Wald said, "The physical world is entirely abstract and without ‘actuality’ apart from its linkage to consciousness. It is primarily physicists who have expressed most clearly and forthrightly this pervasive relationship between mind and matter, and indeed at times the primacy of mind." Arthur Eddington wrote, “the stuff of the world is mind‑stuff. The mind‑stuff is not spread in space and time." Von Weizsacker stated what he called his “Identity Hypothesis; that consciousness and matter are different aspects of the same reality. In 1952 Wolfgang Pauli said, "the only acceptable point of view appears to be the one that recognizes both sides of reality -- the quantitative and the qualitative, the physical and the psychical -- as compatible with each other, and can embrace them simultaneously . . . It would be most satisfactory of all if physis and psyche (i.e., matter and mind) could be seen as complementary aspects of the same reality.”

I have spoken.

Can I get a hee haw?
Not sure how you could have missed Jesus' claim that he is the paschal lamb. It's the point of the NT.

Yes, pretty much every Christian sect holds this belief.

Then you don't read very well. The tale of Pinnochio does purport itself to be true, nor do others purport it to be true. Thus it is not a myth.

This is pretty basic stuff. I should not have to explain this to you. But you are rabid and are making silly mistakes.

Excuuuse me. Any story that starts with "In the beginning" just like "once upon a time" and then immediately introduces a talking serpent with despicable human attributes is a children's story just like pinocchio, not to mention the fact that the Hebrew word for serpent, Nachash, is both a noun meaning serpent, and an adjective meaning, brazen, shiny one, and/or one who practices divination, the magical arts, sorcery, what we now know is brainwashing or mind control,
(Its science man!), not magical bullshit, and even though the bible is filled with mythological beings and fantastical stories conveying hard learned lessons from the distant past it all alludes to actual reality, eternal truth.

In fact your inability to grasp this simple fact whatever Christians may claim and instead responding with inept attempts at derision makes you seem like a pathetic comic book villain Bwahahaha or any number of unclean beasts and birds described in great detail in scripture.

So whatever you are trying to do what is actually happening is that you are proving that the stories in the Bible do indeed convey truth. lol....

Well done!

Last edited:
Excuuuse me. Any story that starts with "In the beginning" just like "once upon a time" and then immediately introduces a talking serpent with despicable human attributes is a children's story just like pinocchio, not to mention the fact that the Hebrew word for serpent, Nachash, is both a noun meaning serpent, and an adjective meaning, brazen, shiny one, and/or one who practices divination, the magical arts, sorcery, what we now know is brainwashing or mind control,
(Its science man!), not magical bullshit, and even though the bible is filled with mythological beings and fantastical stories conveying hard learned lessons from the distant past it all alludes to actual reality, eternal truth.

In fact your inability to grasp this simple fact whatever Christians may claim and instead responding with inept attempts at derision makes you seem like a pathetic comic book villain Bwahahaha or any number of unclean beasts and birds described in great detail in scripture.

So whatever you are trying to do what is actually happening is that you are proving that the stories in the Bible do indeed convey truth. lol....

Well done!
Nah, you're full of shit as always on this one.

Yes, the myth is purported as true. Yes, the authors purported it to be true.

Yes, doctrine says it is true. In every sect.

Yes you would be taking every word literally, if not for having the benefit of secular , scientific enlightenment.

So you will just have to peddle that horseshit to someone else. Sorry.

It's pretty hard for someone to argue that every effect did not have a cause. Just like it's hard to argue that the very basis of cause and effect is that everything happens for a reason. It would be unscientific to not believe that every effect had a cause and happened for a reason. You'd have to believe in magic to not believe that. Is that what you believe in? Magic? Do you believe in magic?
Actually it's more logical to say "we don't know/know yet," just as we do for other versions of (your present) "God of the Gap' posts.
IOW, manufacturing causes (oft gods) for things we do not understand yet is Not logical and has failed invoking 10,000 other Ostensible 'causes.'
`

Actually it's more logical to say "we don't know/know yet," just as we do for other versions of (your present) "God of the Gap' posts.
IOW, manufacturing causes (oft gods) for things we do not understand yet is Not logical and has failed invoking 10,000 other Ostensible 'causes.'
`
There has never been an effect that was uncaused in the history of the universe. Cause and effect is literally the basis for science. Only an imbecile would argue against it.

There has never been an effect that was uncaused in the history of the universe. Cause and effect is literally the basis for science. Only an imbecile would argue against it.
And cause does not necessarily have a purpose or order or hardwiring.
And no one knows the cause of the Universe.. yet.
You invoking discredited Intelligent Design and 'order,' and 'hardwiring' is unscientific and illogical.

`

And cause does not necessarily have a purpose or order or hardwiring.
And no one knows the cause of the Universe.. yet.
You invoking discredited Intelligent Design and 'order,' and 'hardwiring' is unscientific and illogical.

`
Why are you carrying the exact same conversation in two threads?

So... like I said in the other thread....

We can move on to that once you stop making idiotic arguments that you don't live in a logical universe where every cause has an effect. First you must acknowledge that you live in a logical universe where every cause has an effect.

Or I will just keep beating you over the head with it. Fair enough?

Why are you carrying the exact same conversation in two threads?

So... like I said in the other thread....

We can move on to that once you stop making idiotic arguments that you don't live in a logical universe where every cause has an effect. First you must acknowledge that you live in a logical universe where every cause has an effect.

Or I will just keep beating you over the head with it. Fair enough?
Because you came into Two threads with the same bogus claims.

And you have no answer what this cause is, if any.
You have baselessly declared and characterized it as purposeful, orderly, etc. (really Discredited ID) and Discredited 'God of the Gaps.'
And fact is neither you nor anyone else knows.. yet.
`

Because you came into Two threads with the same bogus claims.

And you have no answer what this cause is, if any.
You have baselessly declared and characterized it as purposeful, orderly, etc. (really Discredited ID) and Discredited 'God of the Gaps.'
And fact is neither you nor anyone else knows.. yet.
`
Are you seriously going to have the exact same conversation in three threads?

Like I said in the original thread...

I am only trying to establish if you believe in cause and effect and that cause and effect means that everything happens for a logical reasons. We can get into specifics once you acknowledge this. I'm not going to play your squeeze balloon game. I'm going to pin you down point by point.

The first point is that we live in a logical universe where every cause has an effect. Yes or no? I say yes. Science says yes. Only idiots say no. What do you say?

`
Are you seriously going to have the exact same conversation in three threads?

Like I said in the original thread...

I am only trying to establish if you believe in cause and effect and that cause and effect means that everything happens for a logical reasons. We can get into specifics once you acknowledge this. I'm not going to play your squeeze balloon game. I'm going to pin you down point by point.

The first point is that we live in a logical universe where every cause has an effect. Yes or no? I say yes. Science says yes. Only idiots say no. What do you say?
As I said, I brought in this one because I recognized what you were doing.
The OP will spell it out more.

`

Forum List

Back