God Damn !! - Maus banned in Tennnessee for curse words like "God damn!!"

I forget to brush my teeth because the Russians are spying on me. Should I send Putin a dentist bill?

Can you provide a link to where you "busted me for plagiarism" thanks.

I went back through 10 pages of responses to my posts and you weren't in there. When did this supposedly happen?

i dun did ... in post #268 ... follow the bouncing ball to the thread & post.

& in that post, i sourced exactly where you got your talking point - word for word, with no citation or quotes.

My bad, #244.

i looked & found nothing eitherway - whether that particular book is or isn't part of the thousands of schools curriculum across the country.

but it's certainly not the first nor the last of any number of given subjects found to be icky by school boards.

Last edited:
Oh fuck you…You really are a pathetic human being….

812c20J4O8L.jpg

:113:

You are wrong again, Plaything. You should be very well acquainted with that position at this point.

you said the book was based on the author's view. it was a narrative of his parents' time at aushwitz thru interviews with them.

so uh ya.

you are wrong.

8 curse words and a drawing of a NAKED female mouse.

Its not the end of the world but it is a signpost on the way. One of the board commented that there was a lot of unpleasant stuff in the Pulitzer Prize winning book. There must be a way to depict the Holocaust without subjecting the kids to unpleasentness.

Its easy to mock these people but I am sure they are genuinely doing what they think is best for the kids. But really.....................
Good for them. Taking the name of God is a commandment of God. But to heathen simpletons like you its too complicated. Retarded brit.

8 curse words and a drawing of a NAKED female mouse.

Its not the end of the world but it is a signpost on the way. One of the board commented that there was a lot of unpleasant stuff in the Pulitzer Prize winning book. There must be a way to depict the Holocaust without subjecting the kids to unpleasentness.

Its easy to mock these people but I am sure they are genuinely doing what they think is best for the kids. But really.....................

To bad your post isn’t true……

The outrage is ridiculous. Even though all the coverage centers around how McMinn County “banned” the book, the school board did no such thing. The board merely dropped it from its 8th-grade curriculum. The reason was fairly harmless. The officials thought the book—which features profanity, violence, and some nudity–—wasn’t appropriate for 8th graders. That’s a debatable claim, but it’s not Orwellian. It’s not like the school board wanted to ban the book to prevent their kids from learning about the Holocaust. Nor will the school prevent students from reading the easy-to-find book on their own.

In other words, what McMinn County school trustees did is not a ban at all. It’s just a local school decision.

———————-
Most importantly for this discussion, the CRT mindset has resulted in the erasure of numerous books from school curricula. These works include such American classics as The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn and To Kill a Mockingbird. Both books were targeted because they contained the n-word. To Kill a Mockingbird is explicitly anti-racist and puts the word in the mouths of the book’s villains. But that is too much for kids, according to the school districts that banned these works.

These “bans” aren’t just isolated incidents. At the same time the powerful McMinn County board removed Maus, a suburban district of Seattle dropped To Kill a Mockingbird. Since that school district used woke reasoning to drop it (administrators claimed it could “traumatize” black students), the media wasn’t outraged by it. It’s too much for nonwhite high school students to read an anti-racist book that may contain the n-word, but all 8th graders must read a violent graphic novel about the Holocaust. That’s the new standard here.

The entire Western canon could be on the chopping block in public education. Several teachers and academics have urged the removal of Shakespeare, Homer, and other Western luminaries because they’re too white. Only “diverse” authors can be assigned to students.

It’s also in the realm of possibility that liberals will start organizing book burnings. They’ve already done so in Canada. A school district in Quebec organized a “flame purification” in 2019 against more than 4,700 children’s books “that had outdated content and carried negative stereotypes about First Nations, Métis and Inuit people

To bad your post isn’t true……

The outrage is ridiculous. Even though all the coverage centers around how McMinn County “banned” the book, the school board did no such thing. The board merely dropped it from its 8th-grade curriculum. The reason was fairly harmless. The officials thought the book—which features profanity, violence, and some nudity–—wasn’t appropriate for 8th graders. That’s a debatable claim, but it’s not Orwellian. It’s not like the school board wanted to ban the book to prevent their kids from learning about the Holocaust. Nor will the school prevent students from reading the easy-to-find book on their own.

In other words, what McMinn County school trustees did is not a ban at all. It’s just a local school decision.

———————-
Most importantly for this discussion, the CRT mindset has resulted in the erasure of numerous books from school curricula. These works include such American classics as The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn and To Kill a Mockingbird. Both books were targeted because they contained the n-word. To Kill a Mockingbird is explicitly anti-racist and puts the word in the mouths of the book’s villains. But that is too much for kids, according to the school districts that banned these works.

These “bans” aren’t just isolated incidents. At the same time the powerful McMinn County board removed Maus, a suburban district of Seattle dropped To Kill a Mockingbird. Since that school district used woke reasoning to drop it (administrators claimed it could “traumatize” black students), the media wasn’t outraged by it. It’s too much for nonwhite high school students to read an anti-racist book that may contain the n-word, but all 8th graders must read a violent graphic novel about the Holocaust. That’s the new standard here.

The entire Western canon could be on the chopping block in public education. Several teachers and academics have urged the removal of Shakespeare, Homer, and other Western luminaries because they’re too white. Only “diverse” authors can be assigned to students.

It’s also in the realm of possibility that liberals will start organizing book burnings. They’ve already done so in Canada. A school district in Quebec organized a “flame purification” in 2019 against more than 4,700 children’s books “that had outdated content and carried negative stereotypes about First Nations, Métis and Inuit people

Cheers. Its good to know that the book is still available in that school.

Forum List

Back