Global warming tipping points

Data from a proxy is still an empirical measurement. The use of that data will be more indirect than the measurement of a critical parameter, but it is still an observation of nature. Proxies are used where direct measurements are not possible - say the temperature at some location in the past when no direct measurements were taken. So there are certainly excuses for using proxies.

LIAR ... proxies are never an excuse for not using direct measure ... fuckhead ... your goddam proxies say the OPPOSITE of direct measure ... asshole ...

Would you PLEASE stop reading my posts ... don't even look at them ... LIES LIES LIES ... nothing but LIES from you ...

They cause the atoms of the surface they strike to become excited. It is the movement of the atoms the photons struck that produces the heat.

The atoms in the food I just microwaved also became excited, only a fraction of a second after those solar photons hit the solar panel.

Which is why photons converted into electricity don’t produce heat and they measured less infrared radiation at every solar farm they checked.

The filaments in my light bulbs and in my toaster looked pretty excited to me. I can actually feel the infrared radiation they're producing from that solar electricity.
That’s nice. There is no change in waste heat from switching from fossil fuels to solar.

LIAR ... proxies are never an excuse for not using direct measure ... fuckhead ... your goddam proxies say the OPPOSITE of direct measure ... asshole ...
Then explain how you would take a direct measurement of the air temperature in, say, the north woods of Saskatchewan in May of 1715. And, at least on this occasion, I used no epithets on you. What prompted this profanity laced hostility?

Would you PLEASE stop reading my posts ... don't even look at them ... LIES LIES LIES ... nothing but LIES from you ...

I have to assume you've been drinking heavily or have taken some REALLY bad drugs. Sorry, but I will continue to read your posts and comment on them when I see fit. Feel free to do the same with mine - as you have been doing all along. And I would really try hard not to drink and post.

PV cells convert photons- which would have otherwise warmed the surface of the planet - into electricity.

A percentage is reflected back out into space ... in our clear-cut forest location, this is a wash with the native greenery, but in the deserts we're significantly reducing albedo compared to the yellow or white sands ...

Your citation claims we're getting 30 W/m^2 of solar farmland ... not just the panels, but all the infrastructure on site as well ... multiplying by our "geometric" correction of 4 and comparing to the solar constant, well I can see why the temperature difference is slightly above instrumentation error ... ± 0.5ºC ... and assuming a clear stable day, at local noon, on June 21st ... and we're less than 10% reduction in energy absorbed as temperature ... and this all goes downhill from there ...

I agree with you that solar farms should not be treated as blackbody radiators ... but that doesn't mean we can't do the calculations ... and if any of these farms are publically traded corporations, we can look at their financial statements ... if earnings less subsidy is still black, then it would be UN-AMERICAN to argue against ... [ka'ching] ...

Then explain how you would take a direct measurement of the air temperature in, say, the north woods of Saskatchewan in May of 1715.

LAIR LAIR LAIR ... we're taking satellite shots of solar farms and calculating radiation curves ... see if they're cooler than surrounding terrain ... you LIE saying we did this in 1715 ...

A percentage is reflected back out into space ... in our clear-cut forest location, this is a wash with the native greenery, but in the deserts we're significantly reducing albedo compared to the yellow or white sands ...

Your citation claims we're getting 30 W/m^2 of solar farmland ... not just the panels, but all the infrastructure on site as well ... multiplying by our "geometric" correction of 4 and comparing to the solar constant, well I can see why the temperature difference is slightly above instrumentation error ... ± 0.5ºC ... and assuming a clear stable day, at local noon, on June 21st ... and we're less than 10% reduction in energy absorbed as temperature ... and this all goes downhill from there ...

I agree with you that solar farms should not be treated as blackbody radiators ... but that doesn't mean we can't do the calculations ... and if any of these farms are publically traded corporations, we can look at their financial statements ... if earnings less subsidy is still black, then it would be UN-AMERICAN to argue against ... [ka'ching] ...
How do you explain less infrared radiation at 6 solar farms if not for photons being converted into electricity?

How do you explain less infrared radiation at 6 solar farms if not for photons being converted into electricity?

Right ... if I shine 1,360 W on a meter surface, and it re-radiates 1,360 W ... then I can treat it as a blackbody radiator and use all the simplest forms of all them radiative equations ...

If I shine 1,360 W on a surface and I only read 1,160 W re-radiated ... we still treat it as a radiator, but now we have to use the most complicated forms involving only God knows what so far ... that's over my pay-grade ...

I'm a professional ditch-digger ... you're the engineer ... who do you think should perform these calculations? ... [giggle] ...

Right ... if I shine 1,360 W on a meter surface, and it re-radiates 1,360 W ... then I can treat it as a blackbody radiator and use all the simplest forms of all them radiative equations ...

If I shine 1,360 W on a surface and I only read 1,160 W re-radiated ... we still treat it as a radiator, but now we have to use the most complicated forms involving only God knows what so far ... that's over my pay-grade ...

I'm a professional ditch-digger ... you're the engineer ... who do you think should perform these calculations? ... [giggle] ...
So in other words you can’t explain it.

It’s the photons being converted into electricity.

So in other words you can’t explain it.

It’s the photons being converted into electricity.
I never saw a response from you concerning my post describing waste heat in the production of electricity from the combustion of fossil fuels. Why is that? Besides having never had a class in thermodynamics, I suspect you don't understand (or choose not to understand) the whole concept of waste heat.

I suspect Ding's mother may have taken him to Sunday School.

I never saw a response from you concerning my post describing waste heat in the production of electricity from the combustion of fossil fuels. Why is that? Besides having never had a class in thermodynamics, I suspect you don't understand (or choose not to understand) the whole concept of waste heat.
Because this discussion isn’t about waste heat from generating electricity (which only makes my point stronger that widespread use of solar will lead to an incremental cooling effect). This discussion is about waste heat from electricity usage which is the same regardless of the generating technology. A point Todd can’t seem to grasp.

Forum List

Back