Global warming 'pause' since 1998 reflects natural fluctuation, study concludes

ScienceRocks

Democrat all the way!
Mar 16, 2010
The Good insane United states of America
Global warming 'pause' since 1998 reflects natural fluctuation, study concludes

Statistical analysis of average global temperatures between 1998 and 2013 shows that the slowdown in global warming during this period is consistent with natural variations in temperature, according to research by McGill University physics professor Shaun Lovejoy.

In a paper published this month in Geophysical Research Letters, Lovejoy concludes that a natural cooling fluctuation during this period largely masked the warming effects of a continued increase in man-made emissions of carbon dioxide and other greenhouse gases.

The new study applies a statistical methodology developed by the McGill researcher in a previous paper, published in April in the journal Climate Dynamics. The earlier study—which used pre-industrial temperature proxies to analyze historical climate patterns—ruled out, with more than 99% certainty, the possibility that global warming in the industrial era is just a natural fluctuation in the earth's climate.

In his new paper, Lovejoy applies the same approach to the 15-year period after 1998, during which globally averaged temperatures remained high by historical standards, but were somewhat below most predictions generated by the complex computer models used by scientists to estimate the effects of greenhouse-gas emissions.

Let me see...There wasn't any volcanos over vei5 during the 2000's and 2010's. The 1980's and 1990's had a bunch. In fact only Puyehue-Cordón Caulle was a vei 5!

The 80's and 90's had two events each above 5.

The only natural forcing I can think of is aerosals from China doing what Europe and America did during the 50-70's.

Read more at: Global warming 'pause' since 1998 reflects natural fluctuation, study concludes

hahahaahahahahaahahahaahahahahahahaahahahahaahaha..............oh........not again.....hahahhahahaahahhahahaha.

That conclusion is then an indictment of ignorance against the IPCC reports which all conclude that "natural forcings are playing no role at all".. Phys.org just bitch-slapped them I guess.. :eek:

Gonna get ugly as the public interest and funding starts to dry up...

The cult of CAGW are merely perfecting their schtick!! One year it's getting hotter, the next it's getting colder!! then it's "pausing". They've got all the bases covered!!

Bottom Line ? Give. Give until it hurts. Do it for the childrens....

The pause is natural just like the warming and just like the cooling.

proves one thing, that's for sure.......we still don't know shit about shit with this climate change stuff.

Agree. Nobody really knows everything about this climate change. Mainly because it is very unpredictable.

We don't know everything about anything. That doesn't keep us from modifying our behavior and restraining our choices in thousands of different ways about the threats and risks we do know SOMETHING about.

proves one thing, that's for sure.......we still don't know shit about shit with this climate change stuff.

Agree. Nobody really knows everything about this climate change. Mainly because it is very unpredictable.

We don't know everything about anything. That doesn't keep us from modifying our behavior and restraining our choices in thousands of different ways about the threats and risks we do know SOMETHING about.

"we" being the climate obsessed.

Nobody else cares about these "risks". Would you like me ( again) to post up some polls that back me and make you look like, well...........a dick.:funnyface::funnyface::funnyface:

"we" being the climate obsessed.

Nobody else cares about these "risks". Would you like me ( again) to post up some polls that back me and make you look like, well...........a dick.

You think you know enough to get on airplanes and drive cars at 70 mph. You'll pick up energized power cords, mix things together that could explode, stand near a burning fireplace - all because you are certain you know ENOUGH about the processes taking place that your well being is not threatened. Conversely, you do not step in front of speeding buses, you do not jump off cliffs and you do not slug down rat poison when you get thirsty. All of those decisions are based on what is STILL your partial knowledge of the threats those actions would pose.

BTW, when you (particularly you) change the topic rather than address the issue under discussion, it is obvious to all that you do so because you have nothing to say otherwise.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back