Global warming is speeding up.

I am quite certain that a large majority of Americans active in the environmental movement are registered democrats.

And, gosh, this was so easy to check.

I am quite certain that a large majority of Americans active in the environmental movement are registered democrats.

And the ones pushing biomass.......also democrats?

my neighbor has them, they are all over the neighborhood, there are solar panels on acres of land, miles of land, on our borders.

Ivanpah alone is 6 square miles, and there are how many solar plants, a hundred? Hundreds? They manufacture Solar Panels 24/7 every day of the year.

Idiots? Yes, you are. The first generation of Wind Turbines have already been thrown away and that was easily thousands. Just in california alone.

Altamont pass had 5000 wind turbines by itself, just one place in califonia.

What about Tehachapi or San Gorgonio? California alone had at least 10,000

Well if you or your neighbors have solar panels, you are a rarity. You also speak of California. Is that where you live? If so, solar panels would make even more sense. With a lot of the state being hot desert.

Well if you or your neighbors have solar panels, you are a rarity. You also speak of California. Is that where you live? If so, solar panels would make even more sense. With a lot of the state being hot desert.
connecticut is where I live.
I did live in California, where solar panels make no sense. In the Desert there is too much dust, the panels need to be cleaned all the time, that takes water. Not a lot of water in california.

Even in city environments the manufactures recommend cleaning monthly.

connecticut is where I live.
I did live in California, where solar panels make no sense. In the Desert there is too much dust, the panels need to be cleaned all the time, that takes water. Not a lot of water in california.

Even in city environments the manufactures recommend cleaning monthly.

Probably a dust mop with a long handle is all you need to clean a solar panel.

you are going to clean 22,000 sq miles of solar panel with a dust mop, yep, dumb you are
Current power production is about 700W/m^2. 22,000 square miles of panels would produce just under 40 trillion watts

Current power production is about 700W/m^2. 22,000 square miles of panels would produce just under 40 trillion watts
except most say at best, you get 450w/m2

add a capacity factor of 10% which is very fair, than you barely get 2 trillion watts, minus the energy required to pump the water to clean the solar panels? You can not produce 1 trillion watts with 22,000 square miles of solar panels.

you are going to clean 22,000 sq miles of solar panel with a dust mop, yep, dumb you are

Well of you had many in one spot, you could make them self cleaning. Or you could hire people to clean them. And there are a lot of people who have to shovel snow. Cleaning solar panels would be far easier.

You should be talking to toddster. He is about as anti-solar panel as you can get. I have tried to find out just how much electricity is produced in the U.S. each day, for an example. I didn't get very far. Though I did find that for one particular summer we used around 4 trillion watts. But you mentioned 40 trillion from 22,000 square miles of solar panels. Are you saying that we would need fewer solar panels than that this picture shows? At least that's what I think Elektra was getting at with that 22,000 square miles of solar panels.

Solar to power the U.S..png

Well of you had many in one spot, you could make them self cleaning. Or you could hire people to clean them. And there are a lot of people who have to shovel snow. Cleaning solar panels would be far easier.
self cleaning? sure, with how many gallons of purified water? and how much would the self cleaning add to the cost? how much electricity would self cleaning take

yes, I get it, you imagine it, you are told it, and you believe, never mind that Wall Street gets rich, that Bankers get rich, that politicians get richer, that dictators and tyrants get rich, huge corporations get rich.

Corporations, the same corporations you claim you hate, you will let get richer. You name the corporation you think does not profit from this, and I can show you how they do profit. From all the Oil Companies in the world to the biggest corporations investing on Wall st. Everyone profits except you, you will simply pay more for electricity and more in taxes.

yep, self cleaning, fairy dust, unicorns and pure fantasy is what you believe in

self cleaning? sure, with how many gallons of purified water? and how much would the self cleaning add to the cost? how much electricity would self cleaning take

yes, I get it, you imagine it, you are told it, and you believe, never mind that Wall Street gets rich, that Bankers get rich, that politicians get richer, that dictators and tyrants get rich, huge corporations get rich.

Corporations, the same corporations you claim you hate, you will let get richer. You name the corporation you think does not profit from this, and I can show you how they do profit. From all the Oil Companies in the world to the biggest corporations investing on Wall st. Everyone profits except you, you will simply pay more for electricity and more in taxes.

yep, self cleaning, fairy dust, unicorns and pure fantasy is what you believe in

They would just need to be misted down with water, then have an automatic squeegee slide down them. Kind of like a windshield wiper.

They would just need to be misted down with water, then have an automatic squeegee slide down them. Kind of like a windshield wiper.
sure, if you are to dream and imagine and not know, the desert is a harsh place, extremely dusty, and dirty, at times just outright deadly.

How long will it take those panels to cool at night? Do they even cool enough at night where a gentle mist can be used? Certainly you understand that this all has to be done during the coolest part of the day.

And how often, today if you read any manual it says once a month, but what about in the harshest environments, is once a month good or is it intermittent, dependent on the weather.

LOL Mrs. Elektra once again demonstrates her lack of intellect. It is not going to take 22,000 square miles of solar to provide more than adequate energy. In fact, it is not even going to take an additional 10,000 square miles. The coming solar installations will be by farmers, home owners, and businesses. And those people will take care of the cleaning and routine maintenance of the panels.

sure, if you are to dream and imagine and not know, the desert is a harsh place, extremely dusty, and dirty, at times just outright deadly.

How long will it take those panels to cool at night? Do they even cool enough at night where a gentle mist can be used? Certainly you understand that this all has to be done during the coolest part of the day.

And how often, today if you read any manual it says once a month, but what about in the harshest environments, is once a month good or is it intermittent, dependent on the weather.
God, you are a funny person, Mrs. Elektra. Yes, on occasion, deserts are dusty. However, over the course of a year, a location in a city will have far more particulate matter fall on a solar panel than falls on one in the deserts I have been in. And that does include the Mohave, as well as the high deserts of Oregon, Nevada, and Utah.

LOL Mrs. Elektra once again demonstrates her lack of intellect. It is not going to take 22,000 square miles of solar to provide more than adequate energy. In fact, it is not even going to take an additional 10,000 square miles. The coming solar installations will be by farmers, home owners, and businesses. And those people will take care of the cleaning and routine maintenance of the panels.
go ahead a link, I dare you, link to prove you are right, as you know, it is your rule, without links you are nothing but a filthy liar.

Your rules old crock, you are nothing but a filthy liar if you do not link.

Now go ahead, prove yourself wrong by linking, like I said I need a good laugh tonight.

God, you are a funny person, Mrs. Elektra. Yes, on occasion, deserts are dusty. However, over the course of a year, a location in a city will have far more particulate matter fall on a solar panel than falls on one in the deserts I have been in. And that does include the Mohave, as well as the high deserts of Oregon, Nevada, and Utah.
that is a pretty good one, on occasion deserts are dusty? Like when you open your car door, old crock rolls out in a cloud of dust, is that when?

"on occasion, deserts are dusty", says old crock. Old Crock, deserts are dust! You are about the dumbest user here.

How about a link on this one, old fool

You should debate that point with toddster. He says that solar panels cause a cooling effect. Next, ever see a rock in the desert? Does it look like rock or is it all covered in grime.

Forum List

Back