Global Warming Actually Still Accelerating - no "lull"

Yes, of course....what's your point?

While most of the country was yet not inhabited. Nifty trick but I guess we can always guess.

There are a few different ways scientists are able to measure temperatures from earlier times, such as ice core samples:

Ice cores contain an abundance of information about climate. Inclusions in the snow of each year remain in the ice, such as wind-blown dust, ash, bubbles of atmospheric gas and radioactive substances. The variety of climatic proxies is greater than in any other natural recorder of climate, such as tree rings or sediment layers. These include (proxies for) temperature, ocean volume, precipitation, chemistry and gas composition of the lower atmosphere, volcanic eruptions, solar variability, sea-surface productivity, desert extent and forest fires.

An ice core from the right site can be used to reconstruct an uninterrupted and detailed climate record extending over hundreds of thousands of years, providing information on a wide variety of aspects of climate at each point in time. It is the simultaneity of these properties recorded in the ice that makes ice cores such a powerful tool in paleoclimate research.

Ice core - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Like I said, we could just guess

Oddball -

And "on record" comprises but the tiniest fraction of human history, let alone the planet's.

Not at all - it really is worth doing some research on this stuff before you ridicule it!

Does this chart go back far enough for you?

2000_Year_Temperature_Comparison.png

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:2000_Year_Temperature_Comparison.png

We could - but we don't need to guess.

I just posted the historical temperature chart, where different colours represent different sources of data. Although there are some major variations, the trends are very clear.

Oh, the oceans are absorbing the warming, that's why we have so many record cold numbers.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. Just like the models predicted

As Earths Climate changes, so do our other planets.
It is not just Earth but many of our solar system planets are experiencing climate changes.
Humans are not causing our climate to change.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqOkMaaYaAs]Interplanetary Climate Change NASA's Hottest Secret. A clip from David Wilcock - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
As Earths Climate changes, so do our other planets.
It is not just Earth but many of our solar system planets are experiencing climate changes.
Humans are not causing our climate to change.

Climates do not change because they feel like it - they change because something forces them to change.

Several factors have and will cause the earth's climate to change.

What is happening on Uranus need not be the same trend as occurs on Mars, because the change in the climate might be caused by entirely different factors.

Oh, the oceans are absorbing the warming, that's why we have so many record cold numbers.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. Just like the models predicted

Jesus wept....spot the person who still has not heard that 2012 was the hottest year in American history.
Spot the imbecile who continues to overlook the fact that America is but a small fraction of the total planetary surface.

We could - but we don't need to guess.

I just posted the historical temperature chart, where different colours represent different sources of data. Although there are some major variations, the trends are very clear.

Some major variations? Why do you dispute these are guesses when they obviously are?

Because even when we look at a dozen different pieces of research using entirely different methodologies - we always see the same basic trends.

Of course we can not say that May 06, 1076 was cold for the time of year - but we can determines tht the early 11th century was cold, and we know how cold.

Spot the imbecile who continues to overlook the fact that America is but a small fraction of the total planetary surface.

Um....I addressed this earlier. You might have overlooked my reply.

2012 was the 12th hottest year on record, globally, meaning that each of the last 12 years (2001–2012) features as one of the 14 warmest on record.

mmm..mm.. Coolest spring in the midwest for decades..

Possibly - but then 2012 was the hottest year in American history, wasn't it?

No one is claiming there will not be cold springs, cold weeks and even cold years in future - but the average trend is upwards.

Was it? Got the temperature readings from 1776?

From 1776 Jefferson kept a consistent and, with inevitable interruptions, continuous record of his weather observations, in America, in Europe, and even in the mid-Atlantic. His practices and those of National Weather Service observers today are basically the same: to measure precipitation and to record the daily temperature range.

How hot was July 4, 1776? Thanks to Jefferson, we know - The Answer Sheet - The Washington Post

Do you have the brains to use that computer in front of you for anything other than demonstrating the depths of your ignorance?

While most of the country was yet not inhabited. Nifty trick but I guess we can always guess.

You can, if you prefer. Scientists can determine that from a number of data points. Particularly glacial ice.

You assume that everyone is as ignorant as you are. Bad assumption.

You can, if you prefer. Scientists can determine that from a number of data points. Particularly glacial ice.

Then please, explain the variations. Sound more like a cult to me.

Possibly - but then 2012 was the hottest year in American history, wasn't it?

No one is claiming there will not be cold springs, cold weeks and even cold years in future - but the average trend is upwards.

From 1776 Jefferson kept a consistent and, with inevitable interruptions, continuous record of his weather observations, in America, in Europe, and even in the mid-Atlantic. His practices and those of National Weather Service observers today are basically the same: to measure precipitation and to record the daily temperature range.

How hot was July 4, 1776? Thanks to Jefferson, we know - The Answer Sheet - The Washington Post

Do you have the brains to use that computer in front of you for anything other than demonstrating the depths of your ignorance?

Yes yes Jefferson simply stood on his roof to communicate with Indians living in the Prairies to get temp readings of the day. Remarkable what Indians could do with smoke signals.

Then please, explain the variations. Sound more like a cult to me.

Natural variations are a cult? And here I always thought they were the result of differant conditions than the prior year.

Yes yes Jefferson simply stood on his roof to communicate with Indians living in the Prairies to get temp readings of the day. Remarkable what Indians could do with smoke signals.

They used magic carpets!

Forum List

Back