Glad To See the Pride In African Roots World Wide

Asclepias

Diamond Member
Aug 3, 2013
Breathing rarified air.
One of my buddies that is Puerto Rican was telling me there is large number of PR's that are now embracing their African roots with fervor and pride. They even have a great label for it. La Diaspora

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
It's so right to believe in Black pride, but so wrong to believe in White pride, sure.

Yes, I know, because whites subjected blacks to centuries of slavery & whites subjected the native American Indians to near nothingness.
It's gotta be tough being white; I tell ya.

Nitty Scott is a Brooklyn rapper who's probably never been to the places she's singing about Asclepias

~S~

It's so right to believe in Black pride, but so wrong to believe in White pride, sure.

Yes, I know, because whites subjected blacks to centuries of slavery & whites subjected the native American Indians to near nothingness.
It's gotta be tough being white; I tell ya.

Many Blacks, and also many Whites have suffered.

One of my buddies that is Puerto Rican was telling me there is large number of PR's that are now embracing their African roots with fervor and pride. They even have a great label for it. La Diaspora

Heard about this a long time ago...except it was in reference to Brazil...

https://www.amazon.com/African-Diaspora-Brazil-History-Politics/dp/0415824818&tag=ff0d01-20

Brazil and the African Diaspora – Africana Studies in Brazil and Lusophone Africa

For some reason I dont think it was that much of an issue in Brazil. They have one of the largest African populations on the planet. Mexico actually has colonies of Black people but for the longest no one was aware.

The black people 'erased from history'

Last edited:
Egypt is littered with the bodies of dead white slaves. Blacks did the littering!

https://www.amazon.com/African-Diaspora-Brazil-History-Politics/dp/0415824818&tag=ff0d01-20

Brazil and the African Diaspora – Africana Studies in Brazil and Lusophone Africa

For some reason I dont think it was that much of an issue in Brazil. They have one of the largest African populations on the planet. Mexico actually has colonies of Black people but for the longest no one was aware.

Going to have to look that up. This was something similar... the Quilambo settlements of run away slaves in Brazil...they have built their own Afro-brazilian culture, and were promised title to their land in '88...but that agreement has so far gone largely unfulfilled. I'm racking my brain trying to remember where I read about it...but it's not coming to me. I'll mull it over...maybe I'll come up with it later.

Going to have to look that up. This was something similar... the Quilambo settlements of run away slaves in Brazil...they have their own Afro-brazilian culture, and were promised title to their land in '88...but that agreement has so far gone largely unfulfilled. I'm racking my brain trying to remember where I read about it...but it's not coming to me. I'll mull it over...maybe I'll come up with it later.

I hadnt heard about that promise. That was an amazing revolt.

Going to have to look that up. This was something similar... the Quilambo settlements of run away slaves in Brazil...they have their own Afro-brazilian culture, and were promised title to their land in '88...but that agreement has so far gone largely unfulfilled. I'm racking my brain trying to remember where I read about it...but it's not coming to me. I'll mull it over...maybe I'll come up with it later.

I hadnt heard about that promise. That was an amazing revolt.

Here's a link to Quilombolas...it explains the agreement...Wikipedia, but the general explanations are there.

Quilombola - Wikipedia

Egypt is littered with the bodies of dead white slaves. Blacks did the littering!

If thats true why are all Egyptians portrayed by white people?
Egyptians areblack people look at the pictures!
I know that but why do most white people cast them as white in the movies and claim they built the pyramids?

Because whites ruled the Mediterranean and North Africa in ancient times. Negroes were in central Africa, they didn’t come north until they found the superior cultures and they moved up to get in on the wealth and leech off of them.

Forum List

Back