Girls win all 5 top prizes in The National STEM Competition

Hearty congratulations to those young ladies.

They did not just sit around moaning about the injustice and discrimination that they faced.

Instead, they worked hard, behaved themselves, and achieved something constructive and positive.

Excellent role models, indeed!
What "injustice?" Males are the ones who are discriminated against in school. This science contest is just one more example of that.

The victim card played again.
not victim--injustice

This is the first time it has happened. The competition started in 2010.

Seeing girls gaining ground in STEM subjects is encouraging.

For The First Time In History, Girls Win All The Top 5 Prizes Of The National STEM Competition
why encouraging??
so what??!!!???

I think we should encourage every child to study STEM (or STEAM).
sure--so why single out girls?

Girls have not performed as well in STEM courses in the past. And farther back, they were actively discouraged from it.

5 young people did very well. That deserves some praise. That they happened to be girls just shows what encouragement will do. And at least they won't be majoring in "Women's Studies".
Girls don't perform well in STEM because they aren't good at math.

For The First Time In History, Girls Win All The Top 5 Prizes Of The National STEM Competition
why encouraging??
so what??!!!???

Girls have not performed as well in STEM courses in the past. And farther back, they were actively discouraged from it.

5 young people did very well. That deserves some praise. That they happened to be girls just shows what encouragement will do. And at least they won't be majoring in "Women's Studies".
when do we stop singling out girls/blacks/trannys/gays??
first girl/black/tranny/gay to:
tie their shoe
graduate college
become mayor
become governor
astronaut
oscar winner
play golf
etc etc etc
it's ridiculous

girls have done well in education for a long time
And we are purchasing a lot of high tech foreign products now. Seems to be a correlation.

why encouraging??
so what??!!!???

I know dozens of women who are undoubtedly far, far superior to you in math.

I've been collecting social security for 23 years now...talk about one of the greatest things this nation has ever done....how many millions have benefitted?

why encouraging??
so what??!!!???

I doubt is, moron. I have a degree in Mechanical Engineering.

I've been collecting social security for 23 years now...talk about one of the greatest things this nation has ever done....how many millions have benefitted?

Of course.... it's great for you. How about the rest of us who lose 15% income, and are kept in poverty?

You don't give a crap about that, as long as you benefit. "greatest things", is what people say about stuff they benefit from at the expense of others.

If you are in poverty it's your own fault...that's what I read in the vast majority of posts about poverty. Absolutely social security is near the top of the greatest things america has done. I plan on collecting for awhile...and my wife gets hers too....thank you america for stepping up and helping your citizens improve their lives.

I doubt is, [sic] moron. I have a degree in Mechanical Engineering.

Undoubtedly superior to you.

If you are in poverty it's your own fault...that's what I read in the vast majority of posts about poverty. Absolutely social security is near the top of the greatest things america has done. I plan on collecting for awhile...and my wife gets hers too....thank you america for stepping up and helping your citizens improve their lives.
Social Security is the world's greatest Ponzi scheme. It's "great" only if you believe swindling people is a good thing.

There's very much doubt about it, dumbass.

There's very much doubt about it,....

Not even a little. You have gone out of your way to prove how stupid you are.

It has done a lot of good.

If it is going to go away, I just want my money back. It was taken, above and beyond my taxes, with the promise I could draw on it after a certain age.

No one benefited.

The people who used it for their retirement benefited from it.

The people drawing SSI are not getting some gov't benefit where they leech off the tax payers. It is our money.

No one benefited.

The people drawing SSI are not getting some gov't benefit where they leech off the tax payers. It is our money.
No, they actually didn't benefit. They could have earned a much bigger return by investing that money.

It isn't your money. The government spent that decades ago. The money you receive is looted from today's earners.

No one benefited.

No, they actually didn't benefit. They could have earned a much bigger return by investing that money.

It isn't your money. The government spent that decades ago. The money you receive is looted from today's earners.

Yes, they did benefit. They could have benefited more if it had been invested. But to say that those receiving SSI did not benefit is just wrong.

The money was taken from me. And it was part of a bargain/promise that I would receive benefits. The gov't can come up with it out of senatorial benefits packages.

No one benefited.

Yes, they did benefit. They could have benefited more if it had been invested. But to say that those receiving SSI did not benefit is just wrong.

The money was taken from me. And it was part of a bargain/promise that I would receive benefits. The gov't can come up with it out of senatorial benefits packages.
I never made any such "bargain," and neither did you. You weren't given a choice.

People who defend SS always lie. There's no other way to defend this scam.

Forum List

Back