Girls win all 5 top prizes in The National STEM Competition

This is the first time it has happened. The competition started in 2010.

Seeing girls gaining ground in STEM subjects is encouraging.

For The First Time In History, Girls Win All The Top 5 Prizes Of The National STEM Competition
why encouraging??
so what??!!!???

I think we should encourage every child to study STEM (or STEAM).
sure--so why single out girls?

Girls have not performed as well in STEM courses in the past. And farther back, they were actively discouraged from it.

5 young people did very well. That deserves some praise. That they happened to be girls just shows what encouragement will do. And at least they won't be majoring in "Women's Studies".
when do we stop singling out girls/blacks/trannys/gays??
first girl/black/tranny/gay to:
tie their shoe
graduate college
become mayor
become governor
astronaut
oscar winner
play golf
etc etc etc
it's ridiculous

girls have done well in education for a long time
And the forced quotas have us falling behind. More and more people are worrying about their own now and not about others across the nation.

why encouraging??
so what??!!!???

Girls have not performed as well in STEM courses in the past. And farther back, they were actively discouraged from it.

5 young people did very well. That deserves some praise. That they happened to be girls just shows what encouragement will do. And at least they won't be majoring in "Women's Studies".
Girls don't perform well in STEM because they aren't good at math.

I know dozens of women who are undoubtedly far, far superior to you in math.
bripat is correct --you are wrong --plain and simple
2016 SAT test results confirm pattern that’s persisted for 50 years — high school boys are better at math than girls | American Enterprise Institute - AEI
satnew.png

Gender-differences-in-SAT-M-performance-On-average-boys-score-higher-than-girls-on-the.png

https://www.researchgate.net/figure...score-higher-than-girls-on-the_fig1_229162118

why encouraging??
so what??!!!???

....my daughter is super smart..tested in the top ONE percent country wide on grade school testing..straight A student in Honors classes at a private school -some ot these classes she is in a grade above hers --her worst subject is : math

Part of the problem is our acceptance that math is a natural things for some. You hear someone say "I'm not any good at math" and no one bats an eye. If they say "I'm not any good at history" or "I'm not any good at biology" people tell them to study harder.

Yes, in the past boys almost always tested higher than girls at math. Now they are seeing that people learn in different ways, and have worked to teach different people using different methods. This is the result of that.

I've been collecting social security for 23 years now...talk about one of the greatest things this nation has ever done....how many millions have benefitted?

It has done a lot of good.

If it is going to go away, I just want my money back. It was taken, above and beyond my taxes, with the promise I could draw on it after a certain age.

Sorry, it's gone. Just like Bernie Madoff, your money was paid out as soon as it was taken.

I've been collecting social security for 23 years now...talk about one of the greatest things this nation has ever done....how many millions have benefitted?
No one benefited.

The people who used it for their retirement benefited from it.

The people drawing SSI are not getting some gov't benefit where they leech off the tax payers. It is our money.
No, they actually didn't benefit. They could have earned a much bigger return by investing that money.

It isn't your money. The government spent that decades ago. The money you receive is looted from today's earners.

Yes, they did benefit. They could have benefited more if it had been invested. But to say that those receiving SSI did not benefit is just wrong.

The money was taken from me. And it was part of a bargain/promise that I would receive benefits. The gov't can come up with it out of senatorial benefits packages.
Nope. The money is gone. Sorry.

Part of the problem is our acceptance that math is a natural things for some. You hear someone say "I'm not any good at math" and no one bats an eye. If they say "I'm not any good at history" or "I'm not any good at biology" people tell them to study harder.

Yes, in the past boys almost always tested higher than girls at math. Now they are seeing that people learn in different ways, and have worked to teach different people using different methods. This is the result of that.
However Asia is building the manufacturing plants and employing tens of millions and millions more with cutting edge technologies. Manufacturing employment enriches nations more then any other type. Their engineers and scientists are incredible. They have embraced capitalism and are running away with being the leaders of what we are arguing about here.

2016 SAT test results confirm pattern that’s persisted for 50 years — high school boys are better at math than girls | American Enterprise Institute - AEI
satnew.png

Gender-differences-in-SAT-M-performance-On-average-boys-score-higher-than-girls-on-the.png

https://www.researchgate.net/figure...score-higher-than-girls-on-the_fig1_229162118

Read what he actually said, dumbass.

some people are not as ''smart'' as others--plain and simple
..it's no so much as a ''natural'' thing as it is brainpower/parents/
..also, parental upbringing is a critical part of education

satnew.png

I did --you are incorrect--as usual

satnew.png

I guess you are one of those “not as smart” people.

you are STILL incorrect

you are STILL incorrect

You still suck at reading.

Boys are naturally better at math than girls. It's in their genes.

I always found math to be easy and even fun. When I was growing up, I watched other kids struggle at it, even my best friend, who lived next door. I could never understand why they didn't grasp the simplest concepts.

Which gene? Show the proof.

Hearty congratulations to those young ladies.

They did not just sit around moaning about the injustice and discrimination that they faced.

Instead, they worked hard, behaved themselves, and achieved something constructive and positive.

Excellent role models, indeed!
What "injustice?" Males are the ones who are discriminated against in school. This science contest is just one more example of that.

Exactly

Now will men stop fighting for this nation

Will men stop producing for the nation ?

This coming from getting out voted by fooled women ?

Then will the nation destruct ?

I always found math to be easy and even fun. When I was growing up, I watched other kids struggle at it, even my best friend, who lived next door. I could never understand why they didn't grasp the simplest concepts.

Exactly.

That is the logic difference

And that ability figures out good from bad. True or False ... value or no value

Also are the predictors of success or failure and are the inventors and white males have won all the wars because it’s in the genes of white males

...Besides, you keep ignoring that taking the vote away from women requires a constitutional amendment.

The president can't just order it done.

Actually it will simply be left out of the new American Constitution when we rewrite the document after the Conservative Revolution.

And you think even a simple majority will vote in favor of not having a right to vote? Good luck with that.

No I don't think people will agree to what is good and right.

I think it is wrong to allow people who do not contribute, or who directly benefit from the government to have a vote on things that will destroy the entire country.

We saw this is Greece. Greece was not a fluke. People had been warning that the entitlements and government programs of Greece was absolutely unsustainable. But because so many people benefited from pillaging the nation, every time the people who knew what was going on, tried reform the system to avoid eventual destruction of the country.... the public voted heavily against it.

Well, all the number crunchers were dead on right, and the entire public living off the government, found out they were wrong.

Same is true of Venezuela. Everyone predicted everything that happened in Venezuela, including people in Venezuela. But the people with the least invested in the country, voted to destroy those who had the most invested in the country.

Right now in the US, we know for a fact that Medicare and Social Security will clearly eventually destroy the country.

It's not really up for debate except by those who ignore basic math, just like the people in Greece ignored math, and the people in Venezuela ignored math.

The same group of people who destroyed those countries, is now in the process of destroying our country.

There is a huge danger in giving people who have nothing to lose, or people who live off the largess of the government, access to how the entire country is run.

The irony of this, is that in any other context, everyone, including yourself and every left-winger in the country, would instinctively understand this concept.

For example, if the CEO, or the entire executive board of Boeing, was on the committee that approved government contracts.... we would all understand that there is a huge conflict of interest, between the interest of the entire country, and the interest of the person collecting government money.

But what is the difference between that situation, and someone voting on whoever will continue to give them money at home? Nothing. It's the same conflict of interest between what is best for the entire country, and the interest of the individual living off the government.

So back to the main point... I would agree with you that the public will never vote to limit who can vote. I agree.

But I would still say that it is obvious that they should.

The biggest problem with Social Security is that the federal gov't "borrowed" money from it, with no intention of every paying it back.

No the biggest problem with social security is liberalism where we have stopped being fruitful and multiplying

We have now a giant imbalance of young to old

With a lot more young a lot more money coMing into social security

Liberalism destroys nations !!

...Besides, you keep ignoring that taking the vote away from women requires a constitutional amendment.

The president can't just order it done.

Actually it will simply be left out of the new American Constitution when we rewrite the document after the Conservative Revolution.

And you think even a simple majority will vote in favor of not having a right to vote? Good luck with that.

No I don't think people will agree to what is good and right.

I think it is wrong to allow people who do not contribute, or who directly benefit from the government to have a vote on things that will destroy the entire country.

We saw this is Greece. Greece was not a fluke. People had been warning that the entitlements and government programs of Greece was absolutely unsustainable. But because so many people benefited from pillaging the nation, every time the people who knew what was going on, tried reform the system to avoid eventual destruction of the country.... the public voted heavily against it.

Well, all the number crunchers were dead on right, and the entire public living off the government, found out they were wrong.

Same is true of Venezuela. Everyone predicted everything that happened in Venezuela, including people in Venezuela. But the people with the least invested in the country, voted to destroy those who had the most invested in the country.

Right now in the US, we know for a fact that Medicare and Social Security will clearly eventually destroy the country.

It's not really up for debate except by those who ignore basic math, just like the people in Greece ignored math, and the people in Venezuela ignored math.

The same group of people who destroyed those countries, is now in the process of destroying our country.

There is a huge danger in giving people who have nothing to lose, or people who live off the largess of the government, access to how the entire country is run.

The irony of this, is that in any other context, everyone, including yourself and every left-winger in the country, would instinctively understand this concept.

For example, if the CEO, or the entire executive board of Boeing, was on the committee that approved government contracts.... we would all understand that there is a huge conflict of interest, between the interest of the entire country, and the interest of the person collecting government money.

But what is the difference between that situation, and someone voting on whoever will continue to give them money at home? Nothing. It's the same conflict of interest between what is best for the entire country, and the interest of the individual living off the government.

So back to the main point... I would agree with you that the public will never vote to limit who can vote. I agree.

But I would still say that it is obvious that they should.

A logic ability test for voters is the only way to save the nation

Since trump has the men on his side. He now has that power to save the nation by declaring s broken govt and setting up logic tests for voting

Forum List

Back