Gays can't be bothered to use condoms, so truvada is being used

Notice you won't address the issue that we are going to pay 14k per year per hono so they don't have to use condoms

Find it more productive letting pissed-off people tire themselves out first before attempting to discuss anything rationally with them. Would you like a cool rag for your forehead? :)

Notice you won't address the issue that we are going to pay 14k per year per hono so they don't have to use condoms

Find it more productive letting pissed-off people tire themselves out first before attempting to discuss anything rationally with them. Would you like a cool rag for your forehead? :)

You will never address this, because I bet you can't wait for others to spend 14k a year on a drug so you don't have to use condoms, while ignore that it will only cause HIV to mutate, and leave you susceptible to getting all sorts of other STDs. Why is the main stream media not giving any attention to this PREP issue at all? Because liberals want it quiet swept in. People would be outraged to know they will have to pay for it, their premiums to go up, to enable other people's selfish irresponsibility.

You will never address this, because I bet you can't wait for others to spend 14k a year on a drug so you don't have to use condoms, while ignore that it will only cause HIV to mutate, and leave you susceptible to getting all sorts of other STDs. Why is the main stream media not giving any attention to this PREP issue at all? Because liberals want it quiet swept in. People would be outraged to know they will have to pay for it, their premiums to go up, to enable other people's selfish irresponsibility.

I don't use condoms because I don't make love with strangers. Condoms are a good idea for those into picking up strangers at a bar or the like, or for promiscuous sexual liasons. But if you're okay about waiting to make sure you have a connection beyond mutual sexual desires and are both tested and healthy there's no need for them. Besides, letting a boyfriend's... hormones into our body is one of the biggest pleasures about making love with guys. If I only wanted to orgasm I can do that far better by myself. And if I only wanted the tactile pleasure, but not the emotional bonding of sex, and the sharing of our very essences, I'd ask them to use a condom. But I want to feel everything. Not cheapen the experience assuming everyone I care about has something icky. If I believed that I wouldn't be with them.

I don't use condoms because I don't make love with strangers. Condoms are a good idea for those into picking up strangers at a bar or the like, or for promiscuous sexual liasons. But if you're okay about waiting to make sure you have a connection beyond mutual sexual desires and are both tested and healthy there's no need for them. Besides, letting a boyfriend's... hormones into our body is one of the biggest pleasures about making love with guys. If I only wanted to orgasm I can do that far better by myself. And if I only wanted the tactile pleasure, but not the emotional bonding of sex, and the sharing of our very essences, I'd ask them to use a condom. But I want to feel everything. Not cheapen the experience assuming everyone I care about has something icky. If I believed that I wouldn't be with them.
Yeah, because nobody cheats, and you know the status of all the dudes your other dude is fucking. You are irresponsible, to the core, despite KNOWING you are by far the most at risk group.

SO let me guess, you are thrilled about this truvada thing, and that every one else gets fucked over in premiums so you can continue to be irresponsible?

AIDS is a disease started by the CIA, so it's only natural that it blows up in their faces and US taxpayers end up footing the bill.

Never heard of it until this thread. It's fair to say I'm irresponsible, but to date, despite about 30 lovers male and female, I've never caught a thing. Not even a cold. Not a proof-of-concept of course, but I'd say much of the risk of catching something icky from sex lies in where you meet a lover. Don't go to bars unless interested in meeting an alcoholic like.

Ya baby! :) It's true though, if not carrying anything, other than as birth control ya don't need a condom.

Think about this, if you believe everyone should use condoms because anyone can cheat, would you want every married couple to use condoms too? Marrieds probably cheat more than single people afterall. Knowing you're not supposed to probably makes the urge even stronger for new lovers.

To PrEP or Not to PrEP: Should There be a Question? - Proud Queer (PQ Monthly)

And now the costs of this, because they can't be bothered to use condoms, will be passed onto the taxpayers or other insured people ,because the faggots can't be bothered to use condoms. It only costs 14,000 a year. Reminder, faggots cannot be charged more for insurance thanks to liberal faggots enabling them.

Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP) to Prevent HIV Infection: Questions and Answers

What about all the obese homophobes with type II diabetes which is covered under medicare and medicaid. The fat white trash bigots who line up at the local hospital to prolong their sad fat lives.

The fat bigots get their free dialisis when their fat kidneys fail -- all covered under medicaid and medicare.

You can't even compare what it costs to keep you people alive and smoking and drinking to what AIDS treatment cost.

Y'all can't stop stuffing your faces.

So there are no fat gay people ?

Gotta love how the MSM ignores shit like this. We're going to be shelling out all this money in increased premiums to pay for a 14k a year drug so fags don't have to use condoms. And fags can't be charged more for their insurance. And libs are just gonna let this sneak in, ignore it, while faggots cheer that others are getting fleeced to enable their irresponsible, deviant behavior.

Smokers are charged more, soon fatties will be charged more unless liberals enable them too. So I will be paying a lot more money so faggots don't have to use condoms. Then when they get infected with all sorts of other STDs as a consequence, or AIDS mutates, we'll get screwed even further having to pay for the treatments, simply becajues you simpering, limp wristed faggot liberals love enabling people's shitty behavior. You got damn fucking liberal faggots. I'm so fucking sick of you.

You're constant use of the term "faggot" is very telling. You need to know that there is nothing wrong with being gay.

Gotta love how the MSM ignores shit like this. We're going to be shelling out all this money in increased premiums to pay for a 14k a year drug so fags don't have to use condoms. And fags can't be charged more for their insurance. And libs are just gonna let this sneak in, ignore it, while faggots cheer that others are getting fleeced to enable their irresponsible, deviant behavior.

Smokers are charged more, soon fatties will be charged more unless liberals enable them too. So I will be paying a lot more money so faggots don't have to use condoms. Then when they get infected with all sorts of other STDs as a consequence, or AIDS mutates, we'll get screwed even further having to pay for the treatments, simply becajues you simpering, limp wristed faggot liberals love enabling people's shitty behavior. You got damn fucking liberal faggots. I'm so fucking sick of you.

You're constant use of the term "faggot" is very telling. You need to know that there is nothing wrong with being gay.

expecting others to pay for their irresponsibility is wrong. At least smokers pay large amounts of tobacco taxes and have higher insurance rates.

expecting others to pay for their irresponsibility is wrong. At least smokers pay large amounts of tobacco taxes and have higher insurance rates.

Steve, do you honestly believe that the government is going to shill out 14 k a year for gay men to have anal sex?

Steve, do you honestly believe that the government is going to shill out 14 k a year for gay men to have anal sex?

No, but other premium payers will be expected to.

Just saw that it is covered.

http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/pdf/prevention_research_prep_BTSfactsheet.pdf

Daily oral PrEP (pre-exposure prophylaxis) with a tablet containing tenofovir disoproxil fumarate (tenofovir, marketed
in the United States under the brand name Viread

was found to reduce the risk of acquiring HIV by approximately
49 percent in a study of 2,413 men and women who inject drugs in Bangkok, Thailand.

Those who took the medication consistently had higher levels of protection, similar to findings previously reported
from other PrEP trials. In a separate analysis of participants known to be adherent, because they were observed taking
their medication and had tenofovir detected in their blood, the risk of HIV acquisition was reduced by approximately
74 percent.

This is the first study to report results of PrEP efficacy among people who inject drugs. Previous studies have found
that PrEP with tenofovir – alone or in combination with emtricitabine (brand name Truvada

– can reduce the risk of sexual transmission of HIV among heterosexuals and men who have sex with men.
Trial Design and Study Population

Overview:
The Bangkok Tenofovir Study (BTS) examined use of a once-daily antiretroviral pill containing tenofovir
disoproxil fumarate as PrEP for preventing HIV infection among adult men and women who inject drugs in Bangkok,
Thailand. The CDC- sponsored study was conducted in collaboration with the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration
(BMA) and the Thailand Ministry of Public Health. Study medication was donated by the manufacturer, Gilead Sciences.
The primary goal of the study was to determine if PrEP with daily oral tenofovir wnhttp://www.cdc.gov/hiv/pdf/prevention_research_prep_BTSfactsheet.pdfould reduce the risk of HIV infection
among people who inject drugs. Safety, adherence, and participants’ risk behavior were also assessed.

Study Population:

2,413 HIV-uninfected men and women who reported injecting drugs during the previous year were
recruited to participate in the study at 17 BMA drug treatment clinics in Bangkok. Approximately 80 percent of the
population were male (1,924) and 20 percent were female (489). The age of participants ranged from 20 – 60, with a
median age of 31 years. People with HIV, people with hepatitis B infection, and women who were pregnant or breast
feeding were excluded from the study.

Participants were randomly assigned to one of two arms: 1,204 participants were assigned to receive one 300 mg
tablet of tenofovir daily, and 1,209 were assigned to take one placebo tablet daily. Tenofovir and placebo tablets were
similar in shape, color, and taste. Neither researchers nor participants knew a participant’s group assignment.
Two participants in the placebo arm tested positive for HIV at baseline and were excluded from the analysis, which
included the remaining 2,411 HIV-negative participants.

While true that the cost is high, so is a case of HIV infection which can run hundreds of thousands of dollars.

It isn't just for gay men and it is not meant to replace things like condoms.

The Idea is stop the spread of AIDS and bring down medical costs.

Sometimes, you have to spend money to save money.

Last edited:
The pill Truvada can prevent HIV: So why are so few gay men taking it? | Out Magazine

The comments are pretty interesting. The article goes into the fact that will likely cause gays to go barebacking like crazy, but says that's fine.

No true medical professional would advocate "bare-backing" or lack of a use of condoms - that's just plain silly.

The Title of this thread is quite misleading, this drug is not meant as a replacement for prophylactics - the drug is for anyone at high risk.

By the way, condoms DO NOT prevent HIV; It only slows the rates of infection.

ONE OUT OF SEVEN CONDOMS FAIL TO PROTECT!!!

Last edited:

How much do 50,000 new cases of HIV cost per year in America?

Hint:

Currently, the lifetime treatment cost of an HIV infection is estimated at $379,668 (in 2010 dollars), therefore a prevention intervention is deemed cost-saving if its CE ratio is less than $379,668 per infection averted.
^^^^ Not entirely true - one less case of HIV, means many possible, untold future cases prevented.

CDC - HIV Cost-effectiveness - Ongoing Research - Prevention Research - HIV/AIDS

Last edited:

Forum List

Back