Gay Teacher Promotes Homosexuality to Little 3rd Graders, Says He Didn’t Care What Parents Thought

So Vigilante lied and spun the story.

Nothing new. He is a far right spin liar for a discredited cause.

To be fair- it may have been the liars who wrote the article he cited.

That article deliberately misrepresented what was originally reported in the article that they themselves cited.

How about the bullied kid? I guess that was ok?

Why would you need to bring up being a homo to teach about bullying?
Kids throw out the words fag and homo without knowing what it means (probably learn it from parents)...perhaps a teacher wants to educate them on what they are saying. But I can understand that in some circles, education is a bad thing.

Bullshit. The kid they were accused of bullying was effeminate.

No- that is just the BS Vigilante posted.

If you open the article he cited- and then go to that article and find the article they cited- you get to the facts.

Once again:

Gay Teacher Promotes Homosexuality to Little 3rd Graders Says He Didn t Care What Parents Thought US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

RALEIGH, N.C. –

That decision in April ignited a public outcry from some parents in the rural hamlet of Efland, North Carolina, resulting in Currie's resignation this week from a job he loved. The assistant principal who loaned Currie her copy of "King & King" has also resigned, and outraged parents are pressuring administrators at the Orange County Schools to ban the book.

"When I read the story, the reaction of parents didn't come into my mind," Currie, 25, said Tuesday. "In that moment, it just seemed natural to me to read the book and have a conversation about treating people with respect. My focus then was on the child, and helping the child."

Currie knows firsthand what it is like to be bullied. Growing up gay and black in a small town in the eastern part of the state, his memories of middle school are of being a frequent target for teasing and slurs.

As a student at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Currie entered a teaching fellows program with the intent of helping young people. He was first introduced to "King & King" during an education course that included strategies for introducing topics involving diversity in the classroom.

After graduation, Currie became a teacher at nearby Efland-Cheeks Elementary School. Though only about 15 miles west of Chapel Hill, a college town considered among the most liberal enclaves in the state, Efland is a socially conservative community of about 750 people where churches line the highway through town.

Within hours after reading the book to his students, Currie said he got a call from the school's principal requesting a meeting in her office for the following morning. The parents of three children soon filed written complaints to a school review committee, which twice upheld the use of the book after heated public meetings. But the school's principal also issued a new directive that teachers must submit an advance list of all books they intend to read with students to their parents.

"King & King" has been a subject of controversy before. In 2006, the parents of a Massachusetts second-grader sued after the book was read in their child's class. A federal judge later ruled against them, saying the rights of parents to exercise their religious and moral beliefs are not violated when children are exposed to differing ideas in public school.

In his two years at Efland elementary, Currie said his sexual orientation had never been an issue. His co-workers, and some parents, knew he lives with his male partner.

But at the committee meetings to discuss Currie's use of the book, some parents whose children were not in his class made their attacks personal, telling him he would die young and spend eternity in hell. He also began receiving hate-filled letters and emails, including one copied to other teachers at the school, described homosexuality as a "birth defect" while accusing Currie of trying to "indoctrinate" children through "psycho-emotional rape."

So the homo teacher just decided to teach third graders about homos just because he's one himself?
Thats even worse.

Wow.....I bet the third graders in his class have better reading comprehension than you do.

After a third-grader tearfully recounted how another boy had called him "gay" during gym class, teacher Omar Currie chose to raise the issue during story time by reading his students a fable about a prince who falls in love with another prince, ending with a happily-ever-after royal wedding.

"When I read the story, the reaction of parents didn't come into my mind," Currie, 25, said Tuesday. "In that moment, it just seemed natural to me to read the book and have a conversation about treating people with respect. My focus then was on the child, and helping the child."

That article deliberately misrepresented what was originally reported in the article that they themselves cited.

Did you even read the article? The gay teacher was all over the place,there was an effeminate kid in the class room,there was bullying,he remembered being bullied because he was black and a homo.
Sounds to me like he jumped at the opportunity to spread the gay agenda to a bunch of third graders...whatever the truth might be.

Why would you need to bring up being a homo to teach about bullying?
Kids throw out the words fag and homo without knowing what it means (probably learn it from parents)...perhaps a teacher wants to educate them on what they are saying. But I can understand that in some circles, education is a bad thing.

If you open the article he cited- and then go to that article and find the article they cited- you get to the facts.

Once again:

Gay Teacher Promotes Homosexuality to Little 3rd Graders Says He Didn t Care What Parents Thought US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

RALEIGH, N.C. –

That decision in April ignited a public outcry from some parents in the rural hamlet of Efland, North Carolina, resulting in Currie's resignation this week from a job he loved. The assistant principal who loaned Currie her copy of "King & King" has also resigned, and outraged parents are pressuring administrators at the Orange County Schools to ban the book.

Currie knows firsthand what it is like to be bullied. Growing up gay and black in a small town in the eastern part of the state, his memories of middle school are of being a frequent target for teasing and slurs.

As a student at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Currie entered a teaching fellows program with the intent of helping young people. He was first introduced to "King & King" during an education course that included strategies for introducing topics involving diversity in the classroom.

After graduation, Currie became a teacher at nearby Efland-Cheeks Elementary School. Though only about 15 miles west of Chapel Hill, a college town considered among the most liberal enclaves in the state, Efland is a socially conservative community of about 750 people where churches line the highway through town.

Within hours after reading the book to his students, Currie said he got a call from the school's principal requesting a meeting in her office for the following morning. The parents of three children soon filed written complaints to a school review committee, which twice upheld the use of the book after heated public meetings. But the school's principal also issued a new directive that teachers must submit an advance list of all books they intend to read with students to their parents.

"King & King" has been a subject of controversy before. In 2006, the parents of a Massachusetts second-grader sued after the book was read in their child's class. A federal judge later ruled against them, saying the rights of parents to exercise their religious and moral beliefs are not violated when children are exposed to differing ideas in public school.

In his two years at Efland elementary, Currie said his sexual orientation had never been an issue. His co-workers, and some parents, knew he lives with his male partner.

But at the committee meetings to discuss Currie's use of the book, some parents whose children were not in his class made their attacks personal, telling him he would die young and spend eternity in hell. He also began receiving hate-filled letters and emails, including one copied to other teachers at the school, described homosexuality as a "birth defect" while accusing Currie of trying to "indoctrinate" children through "psycho-emotional rape."

So the homo teacher just decided to teach third graders about homos just because he's one himself?
Thats even worse.

Wow.....I bet the third graders in his class have better reading comprehension than you do.

After a third-grader tearfully recounted how another boy had called him "gay" during gym class, teacher Omar Currie chose to raise the issue during story time by reading his students a fable about a prince who falls in love with another prince, ending with a happily-ever-after royal wedding.

You're one dumb son of a bitch.
I didnt make the claim he did it for the hell of it. He came right out and gave his reasons and they're bullshit.

Once again:

RALEIGH, N.C. –

Thats even worse.

I didnt make the claim he did it for the hell of it. He came right out and gave his reasons and they're bullshit.

No- you said that he read that book to the class " just because he's one himself"

When the article said no such thing- you just made that up

Once again:

RALEIGH, N.C. –

Thats even worse.

No- you said that he read that book to the class " just because he's one himself"

If you're having trouble following the nuances of this thread maybe you should just stop posting.

Did you even read the article? The gay teacher was all over the place,there was an effeminate kid in the class room,there was bullying,he remembered being bullied because he was black and a homo.
Sounds to me like he jumped at the opportunity to spread the gay agenda to a bunch of third graders...whatever the truth might be.

Feel free to quote from the article- nothing about an effeminate kid- nor that the teacher read the book because he is gay. You just made it up.

Once again:

RALEIGH, N.C. –

Thats even worse.

If you're having trouble following the nuances of this thread maybe you should just stop posting.

You are having trouble actually reading the article.

And you would be another parent, who has chosen to abandon his child, and spend his childhood in prison.

Probably more likely in a grave, but so be it. If my wife and I ever have kids they'll likely be homeschooled or sent to a private institution if money permits.

Feel free to quote from the article- nothing about an effeminate kid- nor that the teacher read the book because he is gay. You just made it up.

Was it the spelling that threw you off. Just so you know "effeminate" and "feminine" mean the same thing.

"Currie said that he was inspired to teach the little kids about two men “hooking up” because a boy in his class acted a little "feminine".

Until you learn some reading comprehension I'm going to ignore you.

And you would be another parent, who has chosen to abandon his child, and spend his childhood in prison.

Probably more likely in a grave, but so be it. If my wife and I ever have kids they'll likely be homeschooled or sent to a private institution if money permits.
You can circumvent sicko teachers if you're proactive. The key is to be ever present and sort of scary. Pervs are very sensitive when it comes to self preservation. If they know you're watching, trust me, they will *think* about whether or not parents want the kids to be exposed to perversion.

Was it the spelling that threw you off. Just so you know "effeminate" and "feminine" mean the same thing.

"Currie said that he was inspired to teach the little kids about two men “hooking up” because a boy in his class acted a little "feminine".

Note they didn't use quotation marks about Currie saying this.

Since I am used to Conservatives posting BS, I went to the article that Vigilante posted- which is this article
thepcmdgazette.com ^ | july 8, 2015

Then- in that article- I went to the actual news article that they got their information from.

The PCM Gazette lied.

They lied about the teacher saying the boy acted a little 'feminine' and they lied when they said the book was about 'hooking up'

The PCM Gazette posted the link to the article that they got their info from- and then lied about what the article said.

And you never bothered to check.

Because you believe any Conservative crap thrown your way.

You can circumvent sicko teachers if you're proactive. The key is to be ever present and sort of scary. Pervs are very sensitive when it comes to self preservation. If they know you're watching, trust me, they will *think* about whether or not parents want the kids to be exposed to perversion.

Yeah- I imagine it does creep them out to have you in your Nazi uniform in the classroom.

Since I am used to Conservatives posting BS, I went to the article that Vigilante posted- which is this article

Then- in that article- I went to the actual news article that they got their information from.

The PCM Gazette lied.

They lied about the teacher saying the boy acted a little 'feminine' and they lied when they said the book was about 'hooking up'

The PCM Gazette posted the link to the article that they got their info from- and then lied about what the article said.

So he did read a homo fairy tale for no other reason than he's a homo himself?
Make up your fucking mind..

The PCM Gazette lied.

So he did read a homo fairy tale for no other reason than he's a homo himself?
Make up your fucking mind..

So you are just making up crap again.

Forum List

Back