Gay marriage vs. pulygamy

I've never understood this battle. Unless we are talking states rights vs federal.

That much I understand. But on the side of so called religion I never have gotten the fight and I consider myself a rock and roller take it to the mats christian why I should battle against any souls who want to be married and make their lives one with the Lord.

I've never understood this battle. Unless we are talking states rights vs federal.

That much I understand. But on the side of so called religion I never have gotten the fight and I consider myself a rock and roller take it to the mats christian why I should battle against any souls who want to be married and make their lives one with the Lord.

Which battle are you referring to? Polygamy or gay marriage?

The argument for gay marriage is the equal right to marry who you love. Well?

well, what?

Not that there are enough people out there really advocating for polygamy, but as long as everyone is a consenting adult, I don't have a problem with it.
1354745605-g-2.jpg

My wife is a sugar mama(no kids). She works, I clean. I'd like to have another one of those.

Polygamy is not something that much noise is made about.

But polyamory is gaining popularity. More and more people are exploring relationships with more than one person.

Once again, consenting adults and no one is harmed.

And...polygamy has now been decriminalized. :thup: One legal wife and the rest, marriage ceremonies but not legal. But the good thing, no punishment by the law.

our society is going down into the sewer. What's funny is that many seem to support that downward movement.

And how does gay marriage make our society 'go down the sewer'? This is the part I've never been able to get a decent answer from opponents of gay marriage on.

What's the problem, exactly?

Which battle are you referring to? Polygamy or gay marriage?

Gay marriage.

Good post! Really, if our government supports gay marriage I have three-four female candidates as my future wives. I want to marry all them. Wht's the problem?? I love them and they love me. Polygamy is my way to save America.

Work out the tax issues, the divorce possibilities and some way to protect all parties (especially the children) and go for it.

I haven't seen much opposition in this thread. Who would be hurt?
If some group made enough noise to get it considered by the courts, then you would certainly see a lot of opposition. However, in a society such as hours that has embraced sexual equality, the likelihood of a substantial push toward legalizing polygamy seems pretty remote.

Good post! Really, if our government supports gay marriage I have three-four female candidates as my future wives. I want to marry all them. Wht's the problem?? I love them and they love me. Polygamy is my way to save America.

Work out the tax issues, the divorce possibilities and some way to protect all parties (especially the children) and go for it.

I haven't seen much opposition in this thread. Who would be hurt?
If some group made enough noise to get it considered by the courts, then you would certainly see a lot of opposition. However, in a society such as hours that has embraced sexual equality, the likelihood of a substantial push toward legalizing polygamy seems pretty remote.

Polygamy does not necessarily mean sexual inequality. It simply means more than one spouse. Things would be as equal as the people in the relationship wanted them to be. Just like in a modern marriage.

Polygamy does not necessarily mean sexual inequality. It simply means more than one spouse. Things would be as equal as the people in the relationship wanted them to be. Just like in a modern marriage.

Sounds great, in theory. But research has shown that polygamous societies become male-centric.

well, what?

Not that there are enough people out there really advocating for polygamy, but as long as everyone is a consenting adult, I don't have a problem with it.

I actually agree with JoeB131

Polygamy is the most natural form of relations within the Animal Kingdom, with homosexuality being the least natural.

If Homosexuality has been deemed normal and acceptable, then without any doubts Polygamy most also be considered normal and acceptable.

Let it also stand to reason that brother-sister and father-daughter incest is also more common than gaydom. That too should be normal and acceptable.

Oh wait, we should actually be arguing the merits of what it most beneficial to the growth of civilization, instead of what works best in an uncivilized state of nature: Marriage between one man and woman, bound for life, unless one breaches that contract via abandonment or abuse.

Polygamy is the most natural form of relations within the Animal Kingdom, with homosexuality being the least natural.

Baldness is the most natural form in the animal kingdom, with toupee wearing the least natural. Should we outlaw toupees?

Baldness is the most natural form in the animal kingdom, with toupee wearing the least natural. Should we outlaw toupees?

Gj not reading the rest of the post where I discredited the entire idea. You're becoming more left-like every hour. Would you like some more blue pills?

Here's what you didn't read:
Oh wait, we should actually be arguing the merits of what it most beneficial to the growth of civilization, instead of what works best in an uncivilized state of nature: Marriage between one man and woman, bound for life, unless one breaches that contract via abandonment or abuse.

Sounds great, in theory. But research has shown that polygamous societies become male-centric.

What polygamous society has existed since sexual equality has become common, that was not a religious group headed by a single male?

Polyamorous relationships seem equally spread between more women and more men.

What polygamous society has existed since sexual equality has become common, that was not a religious group headed by a single male?

That is exactly the kind of scenario that polygamy yields. You may as well be asking what fire has existed since water that did not burn something.

Forum List

Back