Gay Marriage Is About to Be Legal in Alabama

How many of those states had a constitutional amendment, which banned gay marriage?

California, Kansas, Arizona, Utah, Idaho and many others. They all had constitutional amendments that forbid gay marriage. They were all overruled by a federal judge. This is history. Its not debatable. It happened.

Alabama is 27.

No judge can just erase that!

Erase? No. Overturn and make unenforceable? Yes. And its been 26 times already.

This is why Alabama is having a constitutional crisis, and Alabama's chief justice has ordered a ban on licenses.

There is no 'constitutional crisis'. You simply have a State Supreme Court justice who has a history of ignoring federal rulings and was removed from office for it in 2003. And is insisting now, just like he did in 2003, that Alabama can ignore any federal ruling they don't like.

Um, no. They can't. You'll start learning that again in about 6 hours.

In fact he has barred one county from issuing them all together. If someone with unicorn dreams could just wipe out constitutional amendments, we would be in big trouble. That is why we have checks and balances. Have a good night.

Any state constitutional amendment that violates individual rights is already invalid. As the constitutional guarantees of the US constitution trump any State constitution. Read the 14th amendment, specifically section 1. Its a single paragraph, so it won't take long.

The Daily Fix Gay Marriage Is About to Be Legal in Alabama - Yahoo News

Tomorrow Alabama is open for marriage equality.

This is good, this is American, this is our values.

Those who don't like it, I have a hint: don't marry someone of your own sex.
You are right, America is becoming the new Sodom. That is why many of us and the European Right are aligning with Russia against the hegemony of this degenerate liberal Americanism.

Apparently, the American Elite aren't satisfied with pushing this decadent, perverse and destructive hedonism with in the US, the State Department is appointing an "Gay Rights" envoy to push this on the rest of the world. Though I imagine this envoy won't be traveling to protected US client states lie Saudi Arabia or Qatar however, but rather soft targets like small eastern European countries wishing to integrate with NATO and the EU and political enemies like Russia, Iran etc.
US to appoint gay rights envoy - Yahoo News

You are right, America is becoming the new Sodom. That is why many of us and the European Right are aligning with Russia against the hegemony of this degenerate liberal Americanism.

Or....you're simply useful idiots, susceptible to Russian anti-US propaganda. And now sound like a Soviet Era politburo press release.

Might I suggest you emigrate to Russia. Its a win-win for everyone.

Since you homo marriage proponents like to misuse the word equality so much, I have one question for you to answer; why should the general public be forced by law to subsidize male-on-male buttfucking? Simple question. What's your answer?
The answer is that is regulating marriage. You don't like it, don't marry someone who looks like you.
You didn't answer my question. You just made a detached comment. Why should the public be forced to subsidize male-on-male buttfucking?

Since you homo marriage proponents like to misuse the word equality so much, I have one question for you to answer; why should the general public be forced by law to subsidize male-on-male buttfucking? Simple question. What's your answer?
The answer is that is regulating marriage. You don't like it, don't marry someone who looks like you.
You didn't answer my question. You just made a detached comment. Why should the public be forced to subsidize male-on-male buttfucking?

Marriage isn't about sex. As demonstrated by all the infertile and childless folks that are allowed to marry or remain married.

So the entire premise of your argument is invalid. A classic 'when did you stop beating your wife' question.

Or....you're simply useful idiots, susceptible to Russian anti-US propaganda. And now sound like a Soviet Era politburo press release.

Move to Russia? No, I am just hoping my country elects a government that opposes continued EU sanctions on Russia. Basically I am tired of my country and Europe as a whole being lapdogs for America. It is regular Europeans that have to pay the price for America's desire to expand NATO to Russia's border. It is regular Europeans that have to pay the price for Merkel and Hollande's dreams of bringing Ukraine into the EU. These sanctions on Russia only serve the interests of US elites, and hurt our economies.

Marriage isn't about sex. As demonstrated by all the infertile and childless folks that are allowed to marry or remain married.

So the entire premise of your argument is invalid. A classic 'when did you stop beating your wife' question.
Then how can homosexual marriage be defined as homosexual marriage if it isn't about homosexuality? Root word, sex.

Move to Russia? No, I am just hoping my country elects a government that opposes continued EU sanctions on Russia. Basically I am tired of my country and Europe as a whole being lapdogs for America. It is regular Europeans that have to pay the price for America's desire to expand NATO to Russia's border. It is regular Europeans that have to pay the price for Merkel and Hollande's dreams of bringing Ukraine into the EU. These sanctions on Russia only serve the interests of US elites, and hurt our economies.

And what is 'your country'?

Then how can homosexual marriage be defined as homosexual marriage if it isn't about homosexuality? Root word, sex.

Its same sex marriage. With sex being a biological designation.

Its same sex marriage. With sex being a biological designation.
You mean gender. Two male friends who don't have sex with each other don't count as homosexual couple in order to qualify as a homosexual married couple. So it is the sex that makes the determination. Why should everyone be forced by the government to subsidize male-on-male buttfucking?

Exception to the rule doesn't disprove the rule. The purpose of marriage is to form a family and procreate, to provide the foundation of society for the next generation, to very literally continue the society. National policy should be focused on promoting high birthrates and marriage to ensure that not only the nation survives, but thrives in a pro-social manner. The nuclear family is the most important building block off which the life of the community, the nation, is built. Infertile men and women who get married can and should adopt. Through this they can still build a core nuclear family and they should.

Last edited:

Austira.

Austira.

Exception to the rule doesn't disprove the rule. The purpose of marriage is to form a family and procreate, to provide the foundation of society for the next generation, to very literally continue the society.

Not in the US it isn't. We allow the infertile and childless to marry or remain married by the millions. Demonstrating elegantly that there is a perfectly valid basis of marriage that has nothing to do with children or the ability to have them. In fact, there's not a single state in the union that requires someone be able to have children to get married.

Why then would we exclude gays from marriage based on a standard that doesn't exist and applies to no one?

There is no reason.

National policy should be focused on promoting high birthrates and marriage to ensure that not only the nation survives, but thrives in a pro-social manner.

If your desire to have children is intrinsically linked to the marital status of people you don't even know then you've got far greater problems than any national policy could fix.

Austria's birth rate has been stagnant since the mid 80s. Trying to blame that on the gays is a bit of a stretch.

The nuclear family is the most important building block off which the life of the community, the nation, is built. Infertile men and women who get married can and should adopt. Through this they can still build a core nuclear family and they should.

And gays and lesbians can have their own kids or adopt as well. Its not mutually exclusive. That's the beauty of the situation: you can have both.

Austira.

Exception to the rule doesn't disprove the rule. The purpose of marriage is to form a family and procreate, to provide the foundation of society for the next generation, to very literally continue the society.

Not in the US it isn't. We allow the infertile and childless to marry or remain married by the millions. Demonstrating elegantly that there is a perfectly valid basis of marriage that has nothing to do with children or the ability to have them. In fact, there's not a single state in the union that requires someone be able to have children to get married.

Why then would we exclude gays from marriage based on a standard that doesn't exist and applies to no one?

There is no reason.

National policy should be focused on promoting high birthrates and marriage to ensure that not only the nation survives, but thrives in a pro-social manner.

If your desire to have children is intrinsically linked to the marital status of people you don't even know then you've got far greater problems than any national policy could fix.

Austria's birth rate has been stagnant since the mid 80s. Trying to blame that on the gays is a bit of a stretch.

The nuclear family is the most important building block off which the life of the community, the nation, is built. Infertile men and women who get married can and should adopt. Through this they can still build a core nuclear family and they should.

And gays and lesbians can have their own kids or adopt as well. Its not mutually exclusive. That's the beauty of the situation: you can have both.
Homos need to have a specific other of the opposite sex to create babies. The two homos are not the parents. Empirical data demonstrates that kids raised in non-nuclear family settings are at risk and ultimately damage the society. The increased prevalence of unstructured families is a relatively new phenomenon the likes of which haven't been witnessed prior to the past forty years or so. More proof as to the benefits of legal hetero marriage. Homo legal marriage would exacerbate the problem.
When the law got involved in marriage in order to relieve burdens that would inevitably develop in the process of sacrifices necessary to raise children I'm sure they didn't expect homos to come along and bastardize that given.

Austira.

There is no reason.

Why would exclude Homosexuals? To protect children from being adopted by Homosexuals.

Homos need to have a specific other of the opposite sex to create babies.

None of which is relevant to marriage, which doesn't require that any couple be able to have children in order to marry. Your standard of exclusion is non-existent in any state law, and applies to no one.

The two homos are not the parents.

Says you. Where by any rational standard, the people that raise a child are the child's parents. Any couple that adopted and raised children together would be considered the child's parents.

Empirical demonstrates that kids raised in non-nuclear family settings are at risk and ultimately damage the society.

There are about a dozen studies that show that children raised in gay families are just fine. So its clearly not 'empirical demonstration' that motivates you. Further, your entire basis of reasoning is flawed. As gays and lesbians are already having kids. Denying gays and lesbians marriage doesn't magically mean that their children will have hetero parents. It only guarantees that these children will never have married parents.

Which benefits no one.

Why would exclude Homosexuals? To protect children from being adopted by Homosexuals.

Gays and lesbians are already having kids. Depriving gays and lesbians of marriage doesn't magically prevent their children from being raised by same sex parents. It only guarantees that those children will never have married parents. So the entire basis of your reasoning is blithering nonsense.

And that's before we get to your claims of 'protecting children' from their own parents.

Homos need to have a specific other of the opposite sex to create babies.

None of which is relevant to marriage, which doesn't require that any couple be able to have children in order to marry. Your standard of exclusion is non-existent in any state law, and applies to no one.

The two homos are not the parents.

Says you. Where by any rational standard, the people that raise a child are the child's parents. Any couple that adopted and raised children together would be considered the child's parents.

Empirical demonstrates that kids raised in non-nuclear family settings are at risk and ultimately damage the society.

There are about a dozen studies that show that children raised in gay families are just fine. So its clearly not 'empirical demonstration' that motivates you. Further, your entire basis of reasoning is flawed. As gays and lesbians are already having kids. Denying gays and lesbians marriage doesn't magically mean that their children will have hetero parents. It only guarantees that these children will never have married parents.

Which benefits no one.
The two homos are NOT the parents. They may consider themselves guardians but they are not the parents. Marriage was intended as an aid in procreation as I pointed out in my post's last line. The framers of its legality probably didn't expect it to be bastardized.
As for kids being raised in non-nuclear families and the social ills that have increased with the increased incidence of that condition, you need to pay attention and progress a little. Your thinking is out of date. This is a recent phenomenon and you need to get informed and stop relying on the propaganda of backwards, ultra-con, left wing, pseudo-liberal democrats stuck in the 1960's. Lean forward.

The two homos are NOT the parents.

Says you. As I said, by any rational standard, the people that raise a child are the child's parents. Adoptive parents who raise children they never sired nor bore are those children's parents.

You disagree. So what?

Marriage was intended as an aid in procreation as I pointed out in my post's last line.

Whatever it was 'intended' as, its not longer about procreation. There are millions of people that get married and never have kids. There are millions of people that can't have kids that are allowed to remain married. Infertile couples can marry just as easily as the fertile ones. Nor is there any law in any state that requires that a couple be able to have children before they can marry.

Demonstrating elegantly that there is obviously a valid basis of marriage that has nothing to do with children or the ability to have them. So your basis of excluding gays is non-existent.

As for kids being raised in non-nuclear families and the social ills that have increased with the increased incidence of that condition, you need to pay attention and progress a little. Your thinking is out of date.

The studies I'm citing are as current as last month. And the overwhelming consensus of these studies is that children raised by same sex parents are fine.

Ignore as you will. Just don't expect the courts to.

Forum List

Back