Gas prices are now below $4 per gallon. Biden policy is at least one of the reasons why

Okay then explain, specifically, what he could have done instead that would have been possible to begin with?

Not cancelling the Keystone the day he took office would have been nice. See post 31 for 99 others.

We could have used the extra 800-900k barrels of oil per day this would have added to the market.

And NOBODY credits Biden selling our strategic oil reserves to our foreign enemy for the drop in gas prices. Nobody but idiots, that is.

Only an imbecile would think profits are the only measure of how an industry can be affected by a hostile POTUS.
Rhetorical question: Are you that imbecile?
Lol what the fuck else matters? Don’t be stupid about this. You’re just making shit up as you go along.

$4.00 a gallon is still too high as an average. Biden screwed US when he strangled our oil production. Selling oil reserves to lower gas prices is just a bandaid and will not help Biden in 2024 or the Democrats in 2022. Democrats really think we are that stupid. They are in for a rude awakening in November.

Lol what the fuck else matters? Don’t be stupid about this. You’re just making shit up as you go along.
You think like an imbecile, which is reflected by your posts.
Of course, this is obvious to anyone who reads the phrase under your screen name.

Now I won’t pretend this is some impressive achievement. Obviously prices were high to begin with. And when I say that Biden is partially the reason, it’s not because I am giving him a pat on the back. However it at least disproves the narrative that he isn’t doing anything about the problem. His dip into the national reserve is credited as being ONE of the reasons prices have gone down.

My main point is about how this may affect the midterms. There is more of an ease on Americans’ wallets even if it isn’t yet enough. It should at least give some hope for democrats in the midterm when before it seemed rather bleak. Couple this with democrats other recent achievements and Trump’s consistent legal troubles, it may be something for democrats to get excited about. Too soon to be sure, but it is something.

Which Biden policy? Two straight quarters of negative growth coupled with the highest inflation rate in 40 years? Those naturally lead to less gasoline used by consumers.

Less usage usually means lower prices.

Thanks

View attachment 681394
This doesn't show we can't refine it.

The claim is Biden's policies have hurt production.... they havent.

Your claim is Biden helped production. Are you saying he didn't help?
By definition his policies are in place and production went up. What’s your gripe?

Also not sure what you mean. That article explains why we have to import the correct oil.

Let's see. Biden's term started with gas prices at less than $2.00 per gallon. His horrible policies caused the price to increase to almost $5.00 per gallon so now people are supposed to be happy that they're just now paying under $4.00 per gallon? How ignorant do you have to be to fall for this?
Coming down just bit BEFORE November 2022 elections. Gee wonder why????

Really? Here in Newberry SC gas is running around 3.47/gal. In Columbia (about 40 miles away), it's even lower, going for around 3.27/gal (for some strange reason Newberry is usually 20 cents higher than Columbia, even though they are close together). Dunno where you live, but for the past couple of weeks, gas here has consistently been below 4.00/gal. And yeah, according to the national average, gas IS below 4.00/gal. Guess you just live in a place where they haven't dropped prices yet. BTW, quite a few news agencies are reporting that gas has gotten below 4.00/gal....................

Even FOX is admitting that gas is below 4 bucks/gal, but they say that it could be bad news for Biden...................

Guess that in addition to high gas prices over 4.00 a gallon in your area, they don't get much news either.

National average is the key word

Now I won’t pretend this is some impressive achievement. Obviously prices were high to begin with. And when I say that Biden is partially the reason, it’s not because I am giving him a pat on the back. However it at least disproves the narrative that he isn’t doing anything about the problem. His dip into the national reserve is credited as being ONE of the reasons prices have gone down.

My main point is about how this may affect the midterms. There is more of an ease on Americans’ wallets even if it isn’t yet enough. It should at least give some hope for democrats in the midterm when before it seemed rather bleak. Couple this with democrats other recent achievements and Trump’s consistent legal troubles, it may be something for democrats to get excited about. Too soon to be sure, but it is something.

Joe Biden says you and your whole Thread is a lie.

Have you forgotten how many times President Joseph Biden publicly told the entire world that he does not have any ability to affect the cost of gas?

Joe said....

Putin did / does.
- I guess we better thank Vlad.

Big greedy Oil Companies did / do.
- That must mean big oil took pay cuts, cut costs, etc...

Gas Hoarders did / do.
- Guess no one is hoarding gas anymore

Saudi could do it
- Guess begging, fist-bumping, and giving the Butcher of Khashoggi a pass KGB (can you call that a 'policy'?) got Saudi to lower the cost of gas

....but Joe said over and over he couldn't do anything to affect the cost of gas.

Nowhere in the linked article did I see biden or any policy he has enacted being cited as the reason for the dip in gas prices. What I did see was that the high prices caused the demand to go down which in turn increases supply which will bring prices down also and this is not in the article it's common sense school has now started which means the the Summer travel season which increases the demand and causes the prices to rise is now over which will also lower demand increase supply and cause prices to drop. I will repeat what I have said about Presidents and gas prices through the Bush, Obama, Trump and now Biden administrations they have very little control over gas prices they get far more blame than they should when prices are high and take far more credit than they deserve whe they are low.

You obviously ARE pretending this is some impressive achievement, Billy which is laughable! Biden's policies increased the price of oil. The price of gasoline got to be so high that people stopped driving. Simple rules of supply and demand then made the price of gasoline go down. Here's the thing though...the new legislation he's going to gleefully be signing after the weekend? That's going to make the price of oil go back up again! So enjoy this while you can because when it comes to Joe Biden? You can always count on him to screw things up!

This is the same trick Chimpy tried. Crater the stock market so you can claim credit for the inevitable partial bounce back.

Forum List

Back