Gary Johnson makes the GOP nervous..

The time to stand up and back your candidate is during the primary. I did this with RON PAUL and still believe he would have been the best President we ever had. Now that time has passed, now a vote for Johnson or Paul is the same thing as a vote for Obama. You now face a choice, vote for Romney OR deal with another 4yrs of Obama. You will be the deciding factor in this election, I hope you are prepared to live with it to prove a point.

Romney is arguably worse than Obama. The only somewhat good thing he's EVEN offering is a minor, very minor tax cut, and that's just a campaign promise. I'm done with the Republican party. I don't even see it as a better alternative than the other one any more.

The time to stand up and back your candidate is during the primary. I did this with RON PAUL and still believe he would have been the best President we ever had. Now that time has passed, now a vote for Johnson or Paul is the same thing as a vote for Obama. You now face a choice, vote for Romney OR deal with another 4yrs of Obama. You will be the deciding factor in this election, I hope you are prepared to live with it to prove a point.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqlsVZ1zxMk]SHEEP - PINK FLOYD - ANIMALS ALBUM - YouTube[/ame]

I hope we're prepared too, since we're going to have to live with it regardless of who wins.

We need a sane billionaire to break the 2 party system.

It's the only way it will ever happen.

Even with billions he would need to compete against the news media which give the parties billions worth of free publicity, with all day every day coverage on all those networks. I don't know. I think the battle is for the minds of the people.

Not to mention, most billionaires are heavily invested in a status-quo that depends on the Republican/Democrat duopoly. Not likely they'd kill the golden goose.
I could see Mike Bloomberg running as a third party candidate and winning.

He would be our first Jewish, Gay president. :lol:

I have voted for third-party presidential candidates in three of the last six elections, but this time around there is no excuse for not supporting the GOP nominee, especially given the alternative.

No amount of spin can change the fact that voting for Johnson or not voting at all will help Obama. If the GOP had nominated Tom Ridge and if he'd picked a fellow milk-toast for VP, I'd be voting for Johnson. But Romney is solidly right of center and certainly no sane conservative can question Paul Ryan's rightist credentials.

You are simply ignoring Romney's record as governor.

It's his record as governor that's his problem. Observe:

How in the world can you not call conservative a record that includes a balanced budget, an increased reserve fund,

Which he did primarily by raising taxes and fees, normally in ways that hurt small businesses. What little he did cut came at the cost of aid to local cities and towns.

an increase in charter schools,

Romney didn't do a damn thing about education in MA. The 1993 education reform is what helped education in MA. Romney just didn't fuck it up.

property tax cuts for seniors

While increasing property taxes to other people by cutting aid to cities and towns.

an increase in the job-creation ranking

No governor has much sway in job creation in their state. No expert would ever make a claim that a governor was instrumental in job creation. They can have a small impact, but that's about it.

How is that not conservative

Because he used liberal methods to achieve it.

No amount of spin can change the fact that voting for Johnson or not voting at all will help Obama.

You're assuming that voters for Johnson have reason to prefer Romney over Obama. It's that assumption we're rejecting. Get it? If I had to choose one of these losers, I'd probably just stick with Obama, since we'll definitely be rid of him in four. We might get stuck with Romney for eight. Fortunately, I don't have to choose between them. I can vote for the candidate who actually represents my views.

Last edited:
I have voted for third-party presidential candidates in three of the last six elections, but this time around there is no excuse for not supporting the GOP nominee, especially given the alternative.

No amount of spin can change the fact that voting for Johnson or not voting at all will help Obama. If the GOP had nominated Tom Ridge and if he'd picked a fellow milk-toast for VP, I'd be voting for Johnson. But Romney is solidly right of center and certainly no sane conservative can question Paul Ryan's rightist credentials.

I'll never understand how people can keep repeating this idiotic fallacy. Besides, liberals can make the same claim. If you don't vote you're just helping Romney.

Like voting for TARP?

Like voting for TARP?
:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Like voting for TARP?

And the auto bailout as well

Like voting for TARP?

And the auto bailout as well

Great conservative causes.

This is what I have heard some people say to me about going off the Republican reservation of which I was never truly on.

You are giving the election to the other guy who is worse. Yup, I agree that is a likely event but if I give my vote to the lesser of the two evils I will still keep getting a form of evil from the GOP. Not calling either evil candidate evil but you get my point hopefully.

I have also been told I should work from within the party. On that note I would likely agree if from within the party there were more moderates like Sen. Brown. There are not.

What has happened is that American politics has become more about the extremes of each party than the moderates. Are not most people moderate in their political views? I know I am not like any of the loudmouths I see in either party. I do believe there needs to be compromise on some issues.

I do know that accepting the nominees the GOP or DNC offers is a form of telling the leadership that I like the direction the party is going.

I just know I do not want a super liberal or super conservative person running this country and until the two top attention getting parties stop trying to split this country in half and watch it bleed to death I am staying away from their offered choices. I am an average working American who knows many many people just like me politically but for various reasons we can't seem to get moderates to the forefront.

Mitt is not over the top conservative but I have issues with him in general.

Forum List

Back